ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chewy Chocolate Amond Nut Cookies

Posted by AnokhKaur 
A little revised version of Chewy Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies by Isa Chandra

IMG_9925-1

Ingredients

-3/4 cup oil

-1 1/2 cups sugar

-2 teaspoons vanilla
-1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon whole flax seeds

-1/2 cup milk
-2 cups all purpose flour
or Atta (You really can’t taste the difference.)
-3/4 cup cocoa powder

-1 teaspoon baking soda

-1/2 teaspoon salt

-1 cup chopped Almonds (You can leave the skins on.)

Directions

-Preheat oven to 350 F.
-Grind the flax seeds until they turn into powder consistency. Add milk and blend for 30 seconds until mixed together. Set this mixture aside.
-In a bata/pateela sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
-In a separate large bata/pateela cream together oil and sugar. Add the flax seed/milk mixture and mix well. Then add vanilla.
-Fold in the dry ingredients in batches. When it starts to get too stiff to mix with a spoon, use your hands until a nice stiff dough forms. Add the chopped Almonds and mix with your hands again.
-Roll dough into 1 inch balls and flatten into a disc that’s about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place on an ungreased thaal about an inch apart. You will probably need two thaals for this.
-Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Make sure you take them out right at the 10 minute mark or they will turn hard as rock!! Hah

Store these in a kapraa with a piece of homemade bread, so they stay fresh for atleast a week. The bread will also help in keeping them stay soft, since homemade cookies tend to turn rock hard within 2-3 days. smiling smiley
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Bhenjee can you please send some over to us here in BC, it has been a long time since I had some cookies. smiling smiley
It is no longer safe to go on Gurmat bibek when you are hungry. This just made me that much more hungry
lol ahahaha Gurman Singh
dont worry, the Degh will quench the hunger.
See you tomorrow! smiling smiley
This looks delicious. As gsingh pointed out, we would know how good they are only if we get to devour them.

Kulbir Singh
Mmmm, bhenjee please send some to Toronto too! These seem delicious!!
Haha I will bring them when ever I get a chance to come to either BC or TO! smiling smiley But these are very easy to make, and I guess healthy because of Almonds.tongue sticking out smiley They replace both brownies and regular cookies!! Try 'em..smiling smiley
Bhenjee.
These cookies were haunting me for a long time. I ended up making them yesterday haha!

They're alot of work for someone like me, but definitely worth it if you can share them with sangat. smiling smiley I'll have to try to find a way to make sure I can get full laha for the effort of making them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login