ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Memories of Bhai Rama Singh

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
Memories of Bhai Rama Singh
February 27, 2012 07:24AM
Sangat is requested to post their memories about Bhai Rama Singh in this thread. Below is what Daas wrote many years ago, when the subject of doing Prakash of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee at home, arose:

Many years ago, Bhai Rama Singh while visiting our house, casually told us that if possible, degh should be prepared everyday if Maharaj jee's parkash is done at home. If possible the following should be done if Maharaj jee's parkash is done at home:

1) The amritvela should conclude with Siri Asa kee Vaar kirtan (or paath if no kirtani at home) and degh.

2) There should be Sodar di chaunki at evening time or paath if no one is kirtani at home.

3) Sehaj paath of Siri Guru jee should be always on and minimum of 5 angs should be done daily. One sehaj paath a year by each adult member should be the minimum.

4) Takhatposh vichhaayee, rumaalay etc should be changed as required. Ideally, taking lead from Darbar Sahib, they should be changed everyday but normal Grihasthi person cannot do so. So the rumaalay should be changed as required.

The above is based on meagre understanding I have gained from sangat of Gursikhs and books of Gurmukhs. It is by no means binding on anyone.

Bhai Rama Singh jee visited our house very briefly. They did great Kirpa and chhak home made pizza at our home. They did pyaar to our kids. Our younger bhujangi did not use to go to any stranger but he went running towards Bhai Sahib. Bhai Sahib embraced him and for long time kept doing abhyaas. Our son was only about 3 years old then. They gave him asees and did bachan that he will grow up and do sewa in Punj Pyare. May by Guru Sahib’s Kirpa, this bachan come true.

My father was also present there and he complained about me to Bhai Rama Singh jee. My father said that I had become very rigid in Bibek Sarbloh rehit. Bhai Sahib inquired from me and I responded saying that I just follow what Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee have written about Sikhi rehit and what I believe to be Guru Sahib rehit. Then they commented about Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee and in his typical UP accent said, Voh tau bahut Mahaan thhay. Unke jaiso kaun ho sakta hai (He was very great. Who can be like him).

As I wrote before they told us that if possible, degh should be prepared everyday if there is Parkash of Guru Sahib at home. We have tried to follow this bachan as much as possible.

They also said that if you clean your teeth with Black pepper and salt everyday, your teeth will stay healthy all life. Their own teeth were remarkably clean and healthy.

Bhai Sahib had very special eyes and his gaze was very powerful.

This is what comes to mind at this time.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bhai Sahib had very special eyes and his gaze was
> very powerful.
>
> This is what comes to mind at this time.
>
> Daas,
> Kulbir Singh

Uncommon Picture For Sangat Jee

ਨਾਨਕਤਿਨਮੁਖਉਜਲੇਜਿਨਅੰਤਰਿਨਾਮੁਪ੍ਰਗਾਸ ||

Re: Memories of Bhai Rama Singh
February 27, 2012 02:20PM
Beautiful start veer jeeo- Bhai Sahib a soul I met so many times .

Before writing I must inform sangat my brother has a stuttering problem - cannot speak fluently from birth and basically a very low IQ.
There was an amirtvela session at our house one morning where a lot of chardee kala singhs'singhnia were present including Bhai Sahib Jeevan Singh , Bhai Ajit Singh jee bhogal delhi vale and Bhai Rama Singh jee too. My brohter was about 10 years old at the time and not a fluent speaker in punjabi or english due to his stuttering issue, as mentioned before. Naam Khanda was going for about an hour starting at 02:00 am my brother was sitting next to Bhai Rama Singh jee and during naam simran sesion he fell asleep and his body lent towards touched Bhai Rama Singh Jee. Upon doing so he jumped and exclaimed the words " vaheguru !!!"" "horses""very loudly, and continually without any stuttering- uncontrollably, waling loudly - disturbed all of the sangat - Bhai Sahib Rama Singh Jee calmed him down and put his hand on his head and advised " Not to worry Maharaj Dasm Pitta Jee had just come with his presence for short while.

A decade later my father passes away and a year later after that I go with my family to smagam at southall uk. Bhai Sahib Jee didn't know about my father's death. He met my mother and asked about my father - to which my mother was quite and didn't utter a word or a tear - then Bhai Sahib jee after about a minute approached my mother again and said with a gleaming smile "don't worry Bhai Sahib Jee is here at the smagam" - I tried to look into Bhai Sahib jee's eyes - and i couldn't - the lightening gaze of his eyes at that time ,I couldn't sustain my look at him for more than 5 seconds - and to this day I will never know why.

We can only pray to Mahraaj for more blessed souls such as Bhai Sahib Jee.

2) There should be Sodar di chaunki at evening time.

Waheguru smiling smiley Bhai sahib are you sure he didn't
Say shabad chaunkee?

They gave him asees and
did bachan that he will grow up and do

sewa in Punj Pyare.

Vaheguru!
Maybe this is why he is becoming so Chardikala at such a young age and already doing Sehaj Paaths and Amritvelaas! grinning smiley

Bhai sahib are you sure he didn't
Say shabad chaunkee?

Vaheguru! Wrote this based on memory. There is a possibility of error. The basic idea is to have Sangat morning and evening, where Guru Sahib is established

Kulbir Singh
February 28, 2012 02:18PM
Vaheguru!
February 28, 2012 06:19PM
Vahegurooo, ns44 jeeo! Bhai Sahib sounds amazing!
March 10, 2012 02:37PM
youtube

Came across this video today. VAHEGUROOOOOOOO
Being from a similar background like Bhai Rama Singh ji (i.e. non-Sikh), I can say with full confidence that it was his jeevan which prompted this worm to quit doing beadbi of kesh, it was his jeevan which convinced daas about the glorious legacy of Akhand Kirtani Jatha, and it is his jeevan which keeps so many of us going strong even today.
March 14, 2012 07:35AM
Bhai Rama Singh Ji
March 14, 2012 07:40AM
Bhai Sahib laughing smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login