ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Guaranteeing Sachkhand

Posted by Preetam Singh 
Guaranteeing Sachkhand
February 10, 2012 11:28AM
The other day I was fortunate to be given the seva to lead a discussion with the Sikh Students Association at the University of Toronto Mississauga. The following veechar came out of this discussion.

Do we know what will happen with us after we die?
Do we have reassurance or a guarantee that we will not have to face the punishment of jamdoot?

For a Gursikh who is already aware of naam japan di jugti and already knows about sachkhand, it is important to keep the goal in mind at all times. We have been given this human body as a chance to meet Vaheguroo Jee, and that is the sole reason why we are here. In Gurmat there is no guarantee that after leaving this body you will automatically go to sachkhand. If we have not attained sachkhand while living then we will have to take birth again.

Who knows how long we will have to wait to be blessed with another chance at sachkhand prapti? And are we sure that we will not have to face the beatings of jamdoot?

It is for this reason alone that we must make a nonstop effort to attain brahmgyaan in this lifetime. If we have not recieved darshan of Vaheguroo Jee, then we are doomed and must make a crazed effort to beg Guroo Sahib to save us.

The formula of obtaining brahmgyaan has already been imparted to us by Guroo Sahib, so we must jap naam like it is the air that we breathe, we must read Gurbani like it is the food that sustains us, and we must keep rehit like it is the only thing that will protect our kamaee.

Khalsa jee, this is not a time to be resting, this is the time to do non-stop bhagti until we have secured our spot in sachkhand.

Khalsa jee, remain forever vigilant and forever niyara.

Preetam Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Guaranteeing Sachkhand
February 10, 2012 11:49AM
Very well said, Preetam Singh jeeo. What to talk about people who have not heard the message of Gurbani but we Sikhs too are so relaxed about our spiritual future that it borders either insanity or our lack of true faith in Gurbani. If we believe that we are doomed without Naam and attainment of Vaheguru, then how can we be so relaxed?

The time is to rise and vigorously pursue the goal of Prabhu-Praapti.

Kulbir Singh
February 10, 2012 02:12PM
I see infront of me, i see infront of me
the one and only goal:the achievment of the
divine vision of god
i stay aloof from where this maya sticks as
i know it is a longroad beyond my wits.
As i enter the realm of saints i repeat the one and only name
of the true loard the creator of the creation,
the cause of the causes,
the master of masters
the warrior amongst warriors
the sage amongst sages
what more cani say except
Waahegurrrooo! Waahegurrrrrro!
February 10, 2012 03:29PM
Vaheguroo!
February 11, 2012 01:32PM
waheguru!
February 11, 2012 01:33PM
sat'nam!
February 11, 2012 03:58PM
^ Good poem!

Everyone talks of being tyar-bar-tyar, but the greatest thing that we should make ourselves tyar for is recieving darshan. We shouldn't hope to be warriors; we should hope to become sohaagan to our true Preetam. We should wake up early every amritvela with this hope in mind; that this could be the morning to win over Guru Sahib. We should walk through our whole day, every day, and every night, in this same manner, and make bhagti the absolute center of everything we do. Bhagti should never be second priority.

People wonder why bana is important. Are we going to fight a war? But people don't realise that Gurmukhs don't wear bana because they are preparing to go to jung; it is the dress Gurmukhs don as maidens of Satguru jee, to prepare for Him swoop down and ravish them. When Guru Nanak Sahib Jee was asked by the Siddhs why he was wearing what he was, Guru Sahib responded, "To recieve darshan". When Bhai Randhir Singh jee was placed in solitary confinement, and given only one shirt, Bhai Sahib used this kapra to wrap as a dastar around his head, always hopeful, always vigilant, of a visit from Guru Sahib.

This is the reason that Gursikhs go to the lengths that they do to preserve their Sikhi. We're only here for one purpose. Are we going to assume that we can do without putting massive effort into the task before us, and let this enormous opportunity pass us by?

It's better to be labelled crazy by the whole world than to do the truly crazy thing and let this life go to waste.

May Guru Sahib impart us with this true understanding.
February 11, 2012 04:33PM
sk jeeo great comments however i slightly disagree we are to be sant - sipahi - saint warior without a doubt.
Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh jee fought like a warrior while in jail after the sri sahib jee appeared - when they were force fed. it was indeed the warrior actions which they took against the government. therefore - i feel both are in dire need from the Khalsas.
any furhter enlightenment welcomed
February 11, 2012 05:17PM
What I mean is that our single greatest hope, aas, should be for sanjog with Vaheguru. There is a far greater emphasis on warriorhood in most Sikh circles than paraapti and the sad truth is that it reflects a lack of genuine darshan pyaas.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login