ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

printing error in saroop

Posted by 1kaur 
printing error in saroop
March 10, 2010 11:58AM
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

last night when taking the hukamnama, we noticed that the saroop seems to be missing "ਮਾਰੂਮਹਲਾ੫ ॥" in the first line of ang 1008. basically the shabad starts immediately after the end of the previous one, like so: ਜਿਣਿਚਲਿਆਨਾਨਕਆਇਆਸੋਪਰਵਾਣੁਥਿਆ ॥੪॥੧॥੩੧॥ ਵੈਦੋਨਵਾਈਭੈਣੋਨਭਾਈਏਕੋਸਹਾਈਰਾਮੁਹੇ ॥੧॥ . how should we deal with this? should we write it in the margin above the line? i'm always hesitant to write on baba ji's saroop, but i don't want people to make a mistake when doing paath at a later time. is there a specific maryada for handling printing errors?

thanks!

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: printing error in saroop
March 10, 2010 12:10PM
i not to sure about writing on the saroop.

I remember once there was a sukhmanee sahib akhand paath from a pothi. A gursikh had just come off one of the first rauls. He got a pen and correct a mistake. There was a bindee missing, normally there is one at the start of sukhmanee sahib.
Bhain jeeo, If there is an obvious mistake like the one you have stated above, you can correct the mistake after performing an Ardaas (for seeking Guru Sahib's permission) before correcting the mistake and one after you have corrected it (to ask for forgiveness in doing the sewa). It seems like the best thing is to write it above in empty space. Use extra thin pen.

Kulbir Singh
Agree w/ Bhai Kulbir Singh,

This reminded me of a story-

I remember about 10 years back we had an akhand paaht at our house and the Singh doing paaht seva repeated the tuk a few times at which point he signaled to my dad to wash and bring a pen - The Singh was able to realize a sihari was missing as he was doing paaht. Was really inspirational to see someone with that much familiarity with Gurbani.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login