Posted by JASJIT SINGH 
ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ॥

Bhai Kulbir Singh Jio,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Do you know the reason for this tuk to be segregated? ਛਾਡਿਮਨਹਰਿਬਿਮੁਖਨਕੋਸੰਗੁ॥
Is this is a heading?

Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Bhai Jasjit Singh jeo Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh
I know that i am off your topic but can you please answer my question under the title {Dhyaan}
Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fatheh!

Sorry for answering on a question you requested an answer from Bhai Kulbir Singh ji but in the mean time my humble thought is perhaps there is a "Rahaao Dooja" missing. Maybe it is in the puraatan suroops of Guru Sahib and it was missed here?
According to Gurmat tradition, when Bhagat Soordaas uttered this above Pankiti, he immediately went into Samadhi. So only this much of his Baani is in Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee. Then the next Shabad has been written by Siri Guru Arjun Dev jee, addressing Bhagat Soordaas jee or rather expanding on Bhagat Soordaas jee's one liner Pankiti.

How do we know that this single Pankiti is from Bhagat Soordaas jee? We know this because the next Shabad is addressed to Bhagat jee.

Some old Birs contain the full Shabad but in the authentic acceptable Birs today, there is only one Pankiti and we should accept that only.

Daas will do some more research on this and if something new comes up, it will be posted here.

Kulbir Singh
Oh yeah!! I forgot our santhiya teacher mentioned this as well.
ਧੰਨਵਾਦ ਜੀਉ, ਅਜੇ ਤਸੱਲੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੋਈ ਹੋਰ ਖੋਜ ਕਰਨੀ ਬਣਦੀ ਹੈ ਜੀ।
"ਅਜੇ ਤਸੱਲੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੋਈ ਹੋਰ ਖੋਜ ਕਰਨੀ ਬਣਦੀ ਹੈ ਜੀ।" ਤੋਂ ਸੰਗਤ ਟਪਲਾ ਨਾ ਖਾ ਜਾਏ, ਦਾਸ ਨੇ ਇਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਇੱਕ ਕਾਰਨ ਹੋਰ ਵੀ ਹੈ ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਜੋੜ ਅੰਕ ਸਿਸਟਮ ਵੀ ਇਹ ਹੀ ਸੇਧ ਦੇ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਕੁੱਝ ਤਾਂ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਠੀਕ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਇਸ ਤੁਕ ਤੋਂ ਪਹਿਲੇਂ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਜੋੜ ਦਾ ਆਖਰੀ ਅੰਕ ਹੈ ॥੩॥੧॥੬॥ ਅਤੇ ਇਸ ਤੁਕ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਅਦ ਆ ਰਹੇ ਸ਼ਬਦਾ ਦਾ ਆਖਰੀ ਅੰਕ ਕ੍ਰਮਵਾਰ ॥੨॥੧॥੮॥ ਅਤੇ ॥੨॥੧॥੯॥ ਹੈ ਜਿਥੋਂ ਇਹ ਹੀ ਆਖਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ॥...॥...॥੭॥ ਜੋੜ ਅੰਕ ਵਾਲਾ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਇਥੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੈ। ਗਾਇਬ ਹੈ?

ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀਉ ਜਦੋਂ ਵੀ ਕੋਈ ਜਾਣਕਾਰੀ ਮਿਲੇ ਤਾਂ ਜ਼ਰੂਰ ਸਾਂਝੀ ਕਰਨੀ ਜੀਉ।
The Shabad number 7 is not absent from here but the one-liner Pankiti of Bhagat Soordaas jee is considered to be a Shabad. This is why the Total Shabads at the end of Siri Guru Arjun Dev jee's Soordaas Shabad is 8, as opposed to 7.

Kulbir Singh
How interesting! I know as a rule the manglacharan should always be read first, but in this case where should this line be read? Before both the manglacharan and the sirlekh, or after manglacharan before sirlekh, or after both?

"Some old Birs contain the full Shabad but in the authentic acceptable Birs today, there is only one Pankiti and we should accept that only."

Bhai sahib jeeo, what do you mean by 'full shabad', do you mean there is more writing after this line in some old birs that is not in saroops today?
Bhai Sahib jio, exactly that is what Daas is saying if single liner is considered to be the full shabad then ॥...॥...॥੭॥ number should be there and that is why more research is required.
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Very interesting! Maharaj's Saroop for which we have a sewa doesn't have shabad numbers 6, 7 or 8 . It ends with ॥੨॥੧ . printing errors?

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!
Bhai Sahib Kulbir Singh Ji and others who may know,

could you please share your comments on my earlier question:

Bhai Kulbir Singh - "Some old Birs contain the full Shabad but in the authentic acceptable Birs today, there is only one Pankiti and we should accept that only."

Bhai sahib jeeo, what do you mean by 'full shabad', do you mean there is more writing after this line in some old birs that is not in saroops today?
WJKK WJKF

Jasjit Singh ji, please read page 266-267 of Amir Bhandaar Steek Part-09

[www.scribd.com]

here full shabad is mentioned that was written in Bhai Banno's Bir, since that bir is "lost" now and anywys.. in current birs and all the birs of Takhat Sahibans.. only one line is written.. hence only one line of shabad..

why no numbering.. it is upto maharaj ji... as no rahao in japuji sahib too is upto maharaj ji!!
Gyani Maskeen jee also stated the same thing which Bhai Kulbir Singh jee says.
Talwara Jee also states this is the only single pangtee from Bhagat Soordaas Jee ‘ਛਾਡਿ ਮਨ ਹਰਿ ਬਿਮੁਖਨ ਕੋ ਸੰਗੁ’ in the whole of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee. Regarding the numbering, he writes:

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਸੂਰਦਾਸ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਇਕੱਲੀ ਤੁਕ ‘ਛਾਡਿ ਮਨ ਹਰਿ ਬਿਮੁਖਨ ਕੋ ਸੰਗੁ’ ਨੂੰ ਭਾਵੇਂ ਕੋਈ ਵੱਖਰਾ ਅੰਕ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਨਹੀਂ, ਪਰ ਅਗਲੇ ਚਉਪਦੇ, ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਸਿਰਲੇਖ ‘ਸਾਰੰਗ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ਸੂਰਦਾਸ’ ਹੈ, ਦੇ ਅੰਕ ੨॥੧॥੮॥ ਦੇ ਅੰਤਮ ਜੋੜ ਵਿਚ ਇਸ ਤੁਕ ਦੀ ਗਿਣਤੀ ਪੂਰੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਦੇ ਤੌਰ ’ਤੇ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੋਈ ਹੈ ।

ਇਹ ੨॥੧॥੮॥ ਅੰਕ ਵਾਲਾ ‘ਮਹਲਾ ੫’ ਦਾ ਚਉਪਦਾ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਸੂਰਦਾਸ ਜੀ ਪ੍ਰਤੀ ਹੈ । ਸ਼੍ਰੋ: ਗੁ: ਪ੍ਰ: ਕਮੇਟੀ ਵੱਲੋਂ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸ਼ਤ ਕੁਝ ਐਡੀਸ਼ਨਾ ਵਿਚ ਇਸ ਦਾ ਅੰਕ ੨॥੧॥ ਹੈ, ਜੋ ਦਰੁਸਤ ਨਹੀਂ ।

ਪੰਨਾ ੯੪ – ਭਾਈ ਜੋਗਿੰਦਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਤਲਵਾੜਾ ‘ਬਾਣੀ ਬਿਉਰਾ’
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login