ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bhagat Kabeer Jee's Shabad

Posted by Vista 
Bhagat Kabeer Jee's Shabad
December 27, 2009 06:11AM
ਕਬੀਰ ਕੂਕਰੁ ਰਾਮ ਕੋ ਮੁਤੀਆ ਮੇਰੋ ਨਾਉ ॥
Kabeer, I am the Lord's dog; Moti is my name.

ਗਲੇ ਹਮਾਰੇ ਜੇਵਰੀ ਜਹ ਖਿੰਚੈ ਤਹ ਜਾਉ ॥74॥
There is a chain around my neck; wherever I am pulled, I go. ||74||

Can Bhai Kulbir Singh explain what the sakhee is behind this shabad Bhagat Jee has wrote, this shabad really sticks out to me.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Bhagat Kabeer Jee's Shabad
December 28, 2009 08:39PM
Vista jeeo,

I am not aware of any saakhi behind this salok. This is a great Salok of Bhagat jee that teaches us to become like a dog that is faithful to its master. A dog has good qualities and bad qualities and Gurbani has used metaphor of both good and bad qualities of a dog to give us lesson. While Gurbani teaches us to be faithful to God like a dog is faithful to its master, it also teaches us not to be greedy like a dog.

Kulbir Singh
December 30, 2009 12:58PM
Please could users post Any Bhagat Kabeer Jees Shabad on this and im sure users will explain the meanings if possible with Guru Sahibs Kirpa. Majority of Bhagat Jees Shabads are like puzzles so its always amazing when you find out what Bhagat Jees is saying to us.

This one Shabad i was looking at today

ਆਸਾ ॥
ਪਹਿਲੀ ਕਰੂਪਿ ਕੁਜਾਤਿ ਕੁਲਖਨੀ ਸਾਹੁਰੈ ਪੇਈਐ ਬੁਰੀ ॥
ਅਬ ਕੀ ਸਰੂਪਿ ਸੁਜਾਨਿ ਸੁਲਖਨੀ ਸਹਜੇ ਉਦਰਿ ਧਰੀ ॥1॥
ਭਲੀ ਸਰੀ ਮੁਈ ਮੇਰੀ ਪਹਿਲੀ ਬਰੀ ॥
ਜੁਗੁ ਜੁਗੁ ਜੀਵਉ ਮੇਰੀ ਅਬ ਕੀ ਧਰੀ ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਜਬ ਲਹੁਰੀ ਆਈ ਬਡੀ ਕਾ ਸੁਹਾਗੁ ਟਰਿਓ ॥
ਲਹੁਰੀ ਸੰਗਿ ਭਈ ਅਬ ਮੇਰੈ ਜੇਠੀ ਅਉਰੁ ਧਰਿਓ ॥2॥2॥32॥
Translations from Sikhee2TheMax

Aasaa:
My first wife, ignorance, was ugly, of low social status and bad character; she was evil in my home, and in her parents' home.
My present bride, divine understanding, is beautiful, wise and well-behaved; I have taken her to my heart. ||1||
It has turned out so well, that my first wife has died.
May she, whom I have now married, live throughout the ages. ||1||Pause||
Says Kabeer, when the younger bride came, the elder one lost her husband.
The younger bride is with me now, and the elder one has taken another husband. ||2||2||32||

What is the divine understanding Bhagat Jee is saying, to Realise Vaheguroo?
December 31, 2009 04:38AM
Vista jee has rightfully written that Bhagat Kabir jee's baani is sometimes quite difficult to understand and is full of riddles and puzzles. I believe, many of Bhagat jee's shabads are still unsolved or understood only by accomplished Gursikhs.

In this particular shabad, Bhagat jee is using the metaphor of person who gets married twice and finds out that his new wife is very nice compared to the previous one. As per the shabad the previous wife is ugly, with bad family background, and is of bad character.. For this reason she is considered bad in her parent's home as well as Bhagat jee's home. On the other hand, his new wife is beautiful, intelligent and of good character. She effortlessly finds place in the heart of her husband. Normally ਉਦਰਿ means stomach but here it means the inside of the person i.e. heart or hirda.

Having found such good wife, the person naturally says that it is wonderful that the first one has died (as far as the person is concerned) and may the new wife live for long time. Using his Mohar or pen-name Bhagat jee is saying that when the younger one (the more beautiful one, better one) came, the the older one no longer found any place in her husband's heart. The younger one is now with her husband while the older one has found someone else.

The above is a metaphor to prove a Gurmat point. The older wife represents Manmatt or evil Budhi (intelligence) while the younger or new wife represents the Bibek Budhi or Gurmat. So long as the jeev adopted Manmatt he had to suffer but when the jeev adopted the Bibek Budh or Gurmat, he became Sukhi or happy. This is the point Bhagat jee is making.

Such metaphors have been used extensively in Gurbani. In Salok Vara tau Vadheek, there is a salok in which Siri Guru Amardaas jee has used the metaphor of a good wife and in this metaphor the good wife represents Bhagti or devotion of true Naam.

Kulbir Singh
January 03, 2010 01:48PM
I will post some more shabads when i come across them during paath
January 25, 2010 03:02PM
ਗੋਂਡ॥
ਧੰਨੁਗੁਪਾਲਧੰਨੁਗੁਰਦੇਵ॥
ਧੰਨੁਅਨਾਦਿਭੂਖੇਕਵਲੁਟਹਕੇਵ॥
ਧਨੁਓਇਸੰਤਜਿਨਐਸੀਜਾਨੀ॥
ਤਿਨਕਉਮਿਲਿਬੋਸਾਰਿੰਗਪਾਨੀ॥1॥
ਆਦਿਪੁਰਖਤੇਹੋਇਅਨਾਦਿ॥
ਜਪੀਐਨਾਮੁਅੰਨਕੈਸਾਦਿ॥1॥ਰਹਾਉ॥
ਜਪੀਐਨਾਮੁਜਪੀਐਅੰਨੁ॥
ਅੰਭੈਕੈਸੰਗਿਨੀਕਾਵੰਨੁ॥
ਅੰਨੈਬਾਹਰਿਜੋਨਰਹੋਵਹਿ॥
ਤੀਨਿਭਵਨਮਹਿਅਪਨੀਖੋਵਹਿ॥2॥
ਛੋਡਹਿਅੰਨੁਕਰਹਿਪਾਖੰਡ॥
ਨਾਸੋਹਾਗਨਿਨਾਓਹਿਰੰਡ॥
ਜਗਮਹਿਬਕਤੇਦੂਧਾਧਾਰੀ॥
ਗੁਪਤੀਖਾਵਹਿਵਟਿਕਾਸਾਰੀ॥3॥
ਅੰਨੈਬਿਨਾਨਹੋਇਸੁਕਾਲੁ॥
ਤਜਿਐਅੰਨਿਨਮਿਲੈਗੁਪਾਲੁ॥
ਕਹੁਕਬੀਰਹਮਐਸੇਜਾਨਿਆ॥
ਧੰਨੁਅਨਾਦਿਠਾਕੁਰਮਨੁਮਾਨਿਆ॥4॥8॥11॥

Is the grain Bhagat Jee talking about amrit or janam?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login