ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ਮਾਝ ਸਰੀ ਮਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦

Posted by Vista 
Continuing the build up to Sree Dasmesh jees Gurpurab. Here's another favourite Shabad. Please Share your veechar!

Dhan Sree Guroo Gobind Singh Sahib jee!

ੴ ਸਰੀ ਵਾਹਿਗਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ ॥
ਮਾਝ ਸਰੀ ਮਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥

ਲੱਖੀ ਜੰਗਲ ਖਾਲਸਾ, ਦੀਦਾਰ ਆਇ ਲਗਾ, ਤਬ ਉਚਾਰ ਹੋਇਆ ॥
ਲੱਖੀ ਜੰਗਲ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਆਇ ਦੀਦਾਰ ਕੀਤੋ ਨੇ ॥
ਸਣ ਕੈ ਸੱਦ ਮਾਹੀ ਦਾ ਮੇਹੀ ਪਾਣੀ ਘਾਹ ਮਤੋ ਨੇ ॥
ਕਿਸੇ ਨਾਲ ਨ ਰਲੀਆ ਕਾਈ, ਕੋਈ ਸ਼ੋਕ ਪਯੋ ਨੇ ॥
ਗਿਆ ਫਿਰਾਕ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਮਿਤ ਮਾਹੀ, ਤਾਹੀ ਸ਼ਕਰ ਕੀਤੋ ਨੇ ॥
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
ਮਲਾਰ ॥

ਭੂਲ ਛਮੋ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਨਾਥ ਰਮਾਪਤਿ, ਹੇ ਕਰੁਨਾਨਿਧ ਦਾਸ ਤੁਹਾਰੋ ॥

Oh Master of Maya, Ramapat, the Treasure of Mercy, please forgive the mistakes of this servant of yours.
ਅਵਗੁਨ ਕੋਟਿ ਭਰੇ ਅਪਰਾਧਿ ਅਵੱਗ੍ਯਾ ਦੋਖ ਨ ਨੈਕ ਬਿਚਾਰੋ ॥
I am filled with millions of bad qualities and sin, I have no honour and I do not know the slightest bit about sins [how to discriminate between virtue and sin].
ਜੋ ਹਮ ਪੂਤ ਕੁਪੂਤ ਸਭੀ ਬਿਧਿ ਅਵਗੁਨ ਚੂਕ ਨ ਦਾਸ ਚਿਤਾਰੋ ॥
I am a bad child of yours in every way, but please do not think about my bad qualities and mistakes.
ਬਾਹ ਗਹੇ ਕੀ ਲਾਜ ਕਰੋ ਮੁਝ, ਹੇ ਭਗਵੰਤ ਦਯਾ ਕਰ ਤਾਰਹੁ ॥੨੨੬॥੮੫੬॥੧੬੧੦॥
Oh Bhagvant, grab my arm and protect my honour, be compassionate towards me and carry me across [the dreadful ocean that is the world].

from Sri Sarbloh Granth
Another beautiful Shabad written in Pure Punjabi. I first heard this Shabad when it was sung by Bhai Jeevan Singh jee. The Chhand type of this Shabad is Sadd. This Chhand also appears in Ramkali Raag of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee. It is said that the Sadd Chhand involves singing in long melodious lilts. Bhai Jeevan Singh jee did total justice while singing this Shabad. It is still resounding in my ears, as I write this post.

As the title makes it clear, this Shabad was uttered by Guru Sahib when Khalsa came for Guru Sahib's Darshan at Lakhi Jungle. Even though the language is Punjabi and there are no difficult words, the meanings are quite deep and hard to decipher. Only Guru Sahib knows what exactly Guru Sahib meant when he uttered this Shabad.

ਲੱਖੀ ਜੰਗਲ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਦੀਦਾਰ ਆਇ ਲਗਾ ਤਬ ਉਚਾਰ ਹੋਇਆ ॥
ਲੱਖੀ ਜੰਗਲ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਆਇ ਦੀਦਾਰ ਕੀਤੋ ਨੇ ॥
ਸਣ ਕੈ ਸੱਦ ਮਾਹੀ ਦਾ ਮੇਹੀ ਪਾਣੀ ਘਾਹ ਮਤੋ ਨੇ ॥
ਕਿਸੇ ਨਾਲ ਨ ਰਲੀਆ ਕਾਈ, ਕੋਈ ਸ਼ੋਕ ਪਯੋ ਨੇ ॥
ਗਿਆ ਫਿਰਾਕ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਮਿਤ ਮਾਹੀ, ਤਾਹੀ ਸ਼ਕਰ ਕੀਤੋ ਨੇ ॥

1. This is a heading that tells us that this Shabad was uttered by Guru Sahib when Khalsa assembled in the Hazoori of Guru Sahib at Lakhi Jungle.

2. At Lakhi Jungle, Khalsa came and gave it's Deedaar (Darshan, glimpse).

3. Khalsa came as quickly and obediently as the buffaloes (ਮੇਹੀ) stop eating and drinking at the call of Maahee (shepherd). This Pankiti indicates that Guru Sahib must have sent Hukam to Khalsa to come and meet Him.

4. Khalsa is such that it does not assimilate with anyone; such shauq (spiritual Chao) it has incurred. This Pankiti confirms the Bibek Rehit of Khalsa. No assimilation is allowed in Sikhi. Khalsa must stay unique.

5. The Firaaq (separation) has gone, the beloved Shepherd has met (me); which is why I have done Shukar (gratitude). It is not clear if this Pankiti describes the state of Guru Sahib or the Khalsa. If it states the state of Guru Sahib, then the word Maahee here means Akal Purakh and if it states the state of Khalsa, then the word Maahee means Guru Sahib Himself.

What a beautiful Shabad. Firaaq was such a common word used in Punjabi but now with Hindi-isation of Punjabi, all words from Persian background are being filtered out.

Gurbani is Agam Agaadh Bodh. There are possibly many mistakes in the above humble translation. Please do point out the mistakes.

Kulbir Singh
ਲੱਖੀ ਜੰਗਲ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਆਇ ਦੀਦਾਰ ਲਗੋ ਨੇ ॥

I have always heard/read it as ਲਗੋ, but previous posts say "ਕੀਤੋ". Which is the correct shabad?

--
ਮੇਰੀ ਮਤਿ ਥੋਰੀ ਰਾਮ
Agree with iKaur Bhenji. Ragis seem to pronounce it as ਲੱਖੀ ਜੰਗਲ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਆਇ ਦੀਦਾਰ ਲਗੋ ਨੇ ॥
Bhai Jeevan Singh jee while singing this Shabad very melodiously, vigoursly, and lovingly, has pronounced as ਲੱਖੀ ਜੰਗਲ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਆਇ ਦੀਦਾਰ ਲਗੋ ਨੇ ॥ Please refer to the following link:

[www.youtube.com]

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login