ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

where is this from and who composed it?

Posted by Mehtab Singh 
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Please shed some light as to where this is from and who wrote it...

ikk adhutee Guru Nanak deva
Onkaar Guru Angad abheva
SatNaam Guru Amar pyaare
Karta Ramdas Gur baare
Purakh Sri Arjan Sukhdaani
Nirbhou Hargobind makhaani
Nirvair Guru hai Sri Har Rai
Akaal Murat Harkrishan dhiyaaye
Ajooni Tegh Bahadur raayi
Saibhang Guru Dasmesh sahaayi
Gurparsaad Granth Gur gyaana
Vaheguru bandhan bhagvana

Please forgive the spelling mistakes and correct them as well if needed.

thanks

- Mehtab Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
first of all...where is it from?

Chota veer
It seems as if I have read this before but I can't recall where. It could be a composition of great poet Mahakavi Bhai Santokh Singh Chooramani.

What great use of Mool Mantra!! Thanks for sharing it.

ikk adhutee Guru Nanak deva

It should be adutee, I guess.

Vaheguru bandhan bhagvana

Bandhan means bond and Bandan means to worship or to do Namaskaar. It probably should be Bandan and not Bandhan.

I could be wrong.

Kulbir Singh
You are right Bhai Kulbir Singh ji. I have been trying to gather as much evidence as possible to justify the AKJ's stand on Raag Mala and Mool Mantar. This was 1 of the logics I got in support of the fact that the Mool Mantar ends at Gurparsad.
This is by Bhai Gurdas Jee

[www.sikhitothemax.com]

Someone please explain. Here Bhai Sahib proceeds after "Gurprasad" to "guraparasaadh s aadh sach jugeh juga(n)thar ho(n)adhaa aaeiaa".

Thanks
Here Bhai Gurdaas jee is not referring to the Mangalacharan. The whole Pauri is an Ustat of Vaheguru and explains how Gurmukhs who connect with such Vaheguru (as explained in the Pauri) attain the Sukhphal Vaheguru.

If it was Mool Mantra that some consider to be up to "hosi bhi Sach", then why is "Jap" missing from this Pauri?

Basically this Pauri is talking about Vaheguru and his Naam. Please note that "Hai bhi Hosi" in this Pauri is not talking about Vaheguru jee but his Naam as opposed to the Salok of Siri Jap jee Sahib that clearly is referring to Vaheguru jee alone.

Kulbir Singh

If it was Mool Mantra that some consider to be up to "hosi bhi Sach", then why is "Jap" missing from this Pauri?
Brilliant observation Veerjee!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login