ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is Kharag Singh a Vishnu devotee ?

Posted by harinder_singh 
Kulbir SIngh Jeeo,

You are twisting my words around. Nowhere have I said Kharag SIngh is like Guru Sahib. I said
he practiced qualities like GUru Sahib. There is a big difference between the two statements.
Like Guru Sahib Kharag Singh did not have any animosity . He fought against injustice not the individual.

If you seriosuly believe Kharagh Singh is a factual character do you believe the following
characters are factual as well?
ਸਰਸ ਸਿੰਘ, ਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ, ਮਹਾਂ ਸਿੰਘ, ਸਾਰ ਸਿੰਘ ( sarab loh singh)

Why were these names excluded from the Bhagvat Puran? According to you there is so much missing and Guru Sahibs
purpose was to fill in these gaps. Please think before making such statements. Why would Guru Sahib need to
complete a Hindu Granth. The purpose of Krishna avtaar is to promote bir ras spirit. DOnt make something so simple
difficult to understand.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sukhdeep Singh jeeo,

Before asking new questions, please answer the question I asked you in the previous post. I re-produce it below for your reference:

"For heavens sake, don't say that Kharag Singh exemplefied the Khalsa character. Firslty, Kharag Singh was fighting for the evil side. You write, that Kharag Singh was fighting injustice. How was he fighting injustice? Was killing Kans injustice? Were the 17 attacks on Mathura by Jarasandh justice?"

According to you there is so much missing and Guru Sahibs
purpose was to fill in these gaps.

I didn't say that Guru Sahib's purpose is to fill any gaps. All I am saying is that we should not judge the contents of Krishnavtar based on Bhagvat Puran. There is no guarantee that the Bhagvat Puran has not been altered in the last 300 years or that it is the original one. Guru Sahib has not said anywhere that he is adding fictitious characters to the story; therefore, we should not insist that characters like Kharag Singh are fictitious.

I believe that Kharag Singh did exist and this is not an imaginary character created by Guru Sahib. Just because Kharag Singh is not there in the available Bhagvat Puran does not mean that Guru Sahib's version of Krishnavtar is imaginary. As far as truth is concerned, I would pick Guru Sahib's version of Siri Krishna's story, over any Puran and as a Sikh the right thing to do is just this.

If you seriosuly believe Kharagh Singh is a factual character do you believe the following
characters are factual as well?
ਸਰਸ ਸਿੰਘ, ਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ, ਮਹਾਂ ਸਿੰਘ, ਸਾਰ ਸਿੰਘ ( sarab loh singh)

Sure I believe so. I would rather believe Guru Sahib's Krishnavtar than modern day Bhagvat Puran. If you on the other than want to believe Bahmans instead of Guru Sahib, that's up to you. I am not going to insist that you agree with me.

Kulbir Singh
Jarasandh is fighting to avenge death of husband of her daughter and other members of his clan.She was wife of kans .
Jarasand is fighting to avenge their death as Krishna had killed his sons also.He is not shown as evil in Dasam Granth sahib.Jarasandh's
name comes in Baghwat Purana also but he is not described waging this war with Krishna.

There are copies of Bhagwat Puranas made by european historians more than hundred years ago.Obviously there is no alteration in there.

Moreover Guru Sahib writes in the beginning of Yudh parbandhe, his own writing

ਜੋ ਬਲ ਬੰਡ ਬਡੇ ਦਲ ਮੈ ਤਿਹ ਅਗ੍ਰ ਕਥਾ ਮਹਿ ਨਾਮ ਕਹੈ ਹਉ ॥ ਜੋ ਸੰਗਿ ਸਯਾਮ ਲਰੈ ਰਿਸ ਕੈ ਤਿਨ ਕੇ ਜਸ ਕੋ ਮੁਖ ਤੇ ਉਚਰੈ ਹਉ ॥
जो बल बंड बडे दल मै तिह अग्र कथा महि नाम कहै हउ ॥ जो संगि सयाम लरै रिस कै तिन के जस को मुख ते उचरै हउ ॥
In the forthcoming story, I have mentioned the names of those great heroes,
Who fought with Krishna in great rage and will eulogise them

ਜੇ ਬਲਭਦ੍ਰ ਕੇ ਸੰਗਿ ਭਿਰੇ ਤਿਨ ਕਉ ਕਥਕੈ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਲੋਕ ਰਿਝੈ ਹਉ ॥ ਤਯਾਗ ਸਭੈ ਗ੍ਰਹਿ ਲਾਲਚ ਕੋ ਹਰਿ ਕੇਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਹਰਿਕੇ ਗੁਨ ਗੈਹਉ ॥੧੦੩੭॥
जे बलभद्र के संगि भिरे तिन कउ कथकै प्रभ लोक रिझै हउ ॥ तयाग सभै ग्रहि लालच को हरि केहरि के हरिके गुन गैहउ ॥१०३७॥
Those heroic fighters who have fought with Balbhadra i will mention them too and please devotees Of God ( ਪ੍ਰਭ ਲੋਕ )
Leaving aside greed of material possessions i will singh praises of God

Krishna avtar, Dasam Granth sahib

Additionally, just before beginning of Yudh parbandhe, previous section ends as below and Guru sahib writes that this has been taken from Bhagwat Purana

ਇਤਿ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਦਸਮ ਸਿਕੰਧੇ ਬਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਨਾਟਕੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨਾਵਤਾਰੇ ਰਾਜਾ ਉਗ੍ਰਸੈਨ ਕਉ ਮਥੁਰਾ ਕੋ ਰਾਜ ਦੀਬੋ ॥
इति स्री दसम सिकंधे बचित्र नाटके क्रिशनावतारे राजा उग्रसैन कउ मथुरा को राज दीबो ॥
End of the description of "Handing over the kingdom of Matura to the king Uggarsain" in Krishnavatara (based on Dasham Skandh) in Bachittar Natak.

But in case of whole section of yudh parbandhe, name of purana does not exist. For example various subsections end like as given below

ਇਤਿ ਕ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨਾਵਤਾਰੇ ਜੁੱਧ ਪ੍ਰਾਰੰਭ ਗਜ ਸਿੰਘ ਬਧਹਿ ਧਿਆਇ ਸਮਾਪਤਮ ॥
इति क्रिशनावतारे जु्ध प्रा्रमभ गज सिंघ बधहि धिआइ समापतम ॥
End of the chapter entitled "Killing of Gaj Singh in the beginning of war" in Krishnavatara.

Krishna avtar, Yudh parbandhe, Dasam Granth sahib

Moreover we should follow parameters of Dasam Granth sahib writings.Since Jarasandh is shown there as an aggrieved person who fights to avenge excesses committed by Krishna, we should not call him evil.Singhs fighting on his side are shown far more principles than Krishna.
Kulbir singh ji wrote

Sure I believe so. I would rather believe Guru Sahib's Krishnavtar than modern day Bhagvat Puran. If you on the other than want to believe Bahmans instead of Guru Sahib, that's up to you. I am not going to insist that you agree with me.
===============================================================================================

Bhai sahib ji

We are discussing war management section of krishna avtar.When various episodes end, Guru sahib makes it clear that this section has nothing to do with Bhagwat Purana. Why are we bringing bHagwat Purana in it when it is not from Bhagwat purana.

There is another section of Dasam Granth sahib that tells us how and Rajput singh name started. And it started after the era of krishna.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.