ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bibek - All Actions

Posted by Vista 
Bibek - All Actions
October 11, 2011 11:09AM
Bibek - All Actions

From my little understanding Bibek is also our actions we do such as talking, looking, thoughts etc. Many Gursikhs are aware of this and know it is a very deep topic. After looking at some GurbaNee Shabads, I thought of the following..

1. Eyes - Our eyes should be focused on Sree Guroo Granth Sahib jees Pavitar BaNee, Gurmat Literature. What our eyes view can lead to us having thoughts of those things which can be potentially hurting our Abhyass. So it is best to do Naam Abhyass and BaNee whilst out and about, so our spiritual eyes don't suffer. Highly Spiritual Gursikhs don't get effected by this, but for those engaging in Bhagti and doing Grishti should be careful. If we engage in heavy Naam & BaNee our eyes with the Kirpa Of Guru Sahib jee will start to become oblivious to such things.

ਅਖੀ ਸੂਤਕੁ ਵੇਖਣਾ ਪਰ ਤ੍ਰਿਅ ਪਰ ਧਨ ਰੂਪੁ ॥
The impurity of the eyes is to gaze upon the beauty of another man's wife, and his wealth

What should Gursikh wish to see ? The below pangti gives us this answer.

ਨਾਨਕ ਕੀ ਬੇਨੰਤੀਆ ਹਰਿ ਸੁਰਜਨੁ ਦੇਖਾ ਨੈਣ
This is Nanak's prayer: May my eyes behold the Lord Vaheguroo, the Angelic Being

Baba Jees Control Over His Mind

Baba ji said that when he was with the 'Udhasi Sadhu' he was told very firmly that when an individual reaches maturity (jivaani), his eyes should remain constantly down.Those who let their eyes wander will experience some sort of downfall some time or another. On the way home he saw a woman walking towards him . On seeing him she covered her head and face. He realised that she did not regard him as a boy, that's why she covered herself. 'Now I must keep my eyes down' he thought to himself.

The next day while in the fields, a wise man from the village called out to him. He said: "Harnam Singh! I'm going to give you a word of advice, don't get angry!" "Please do. You will only tell me something for my own benefit." said Harnam Singh with great humility. "The prime of life is like a tornado. Once you get caught in the storm it is very hard to get out. You are very pious considering you are in the prime of your life, but be very careful. Never look at anyone in a lustful way, this is the way to be shielded from sin." These words had such an effect that even though he stayed at home, in a village for 34 years, not once did he cast lustful eyes on any woman. He constantly kept a low profile which never let any impure thoughts come to his mind due to his rigorous Naam Abhyass.

He moulded his life around Guru Sahib Jees words, which led to a very high spiritual state. It was his firm belief that in order to control the mind, control of the eyes played an important role. Whatever a person sees during the day will have an effect on the mind.
Whatever ever he sees is what his mind will run after. The more control one has over what he sees, the easier the control of the mind becomes. All advancement in spirituality centres around the control of the mind. In order to achieve this, control of the eyes is most important.

More to come when thoughts arise...

Please do add your veechara.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Bibek - All Actions
October 11, 2011 11:37AM
Very beautiful post and much required for today's times where our youth is struggling to keep its eyes and heart pious. A Gursikh is such, who as Baba jee in the above post, keeps his eyes and heart pure of lust.

What's the point of keeping Rehit Bibek, when no effort is made to control the mind that is constantly giving way to lust?

Kulbir Singh
October 11, 2011 01:29PM
2. Mouth - The mouth what to say about it... It's the cause of all good and bad.
The mouth is the tool which enables us to communicate in any language, it has the power to cause wars, destroy families and friendships, hurt some through harsh words, speak filthy words, Gossip, Slander etc.

Bhagat Fareed jee has told that us if we wish to meet Vaheguroo then don't utter harsh words. In order to become like how Bhagat jee is saying one needs to shed ego, the best formula for this is doing Sangat with Gursikhs of Naam Abhyaas & Keertan. If we lose our cool and become frustrated are we living up to the character of a Sikh. What will others think?

ਇਕੁ ਫਿਕਾ ਨ ਗਾਲਾਇ ਸਭਨਾ ਮੈ ਸਚਾ ਧਣੀ ॥
Do not utter even a single harsh word; your True Lord and Master abides in all.
ਹਿਆਉ ਨ ਕੈਹੀ ਠਾਹਿ ਮਾਣਕ ਸਭ ਅਮੋਲਵੇ
Do not break anyone's heart; these are all priceless jewels.

A Gursikh at Work

There is a Singh who work in a high profession. In his area of work he has lot's of deadlines & tasks to do. His colleagues tend to get very stressed and swear a lot due to all the pressure of doing work. But the Gursikh with kirpa of Guru Sahib jee completes his duties in a calm and gracious manner this all due to the Naam working inside him along side his Kirat Kamai. The colleagues once asked him " Mr Singh we have all these deadlines to meet, we are always stressing and swearing, Why don't you ever get frustrated and swear ?" The Singh replied " Dear Colleagues it is all due to the Kirpa of my Guru, the Jagat Guru that I'm free of anxiety and stress of any sort. Vaheguroo abides with me through every breath and that's how I keep calm and complete the work!

A Gursikhs speech and control of words is important.One should speak the true Naam & BaNee. Talk of Gursikhs, Rehit, Panth and Guru Inspired Poems etc. The way in how one conducts him/her self reflects of how much Abhyass there doing. A Pooran Gursikh can never speak evil, they are hit with the arrows of Naam so they stay humble with all.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜਿੰਦੂ ਜਪਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰੰਮਾ ॥
O my soul, as Gurmukh, do this deed: chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord.

ਮਤਿ ਮਾਤਾ ਮਤਿ ਜੀਉ ਨਾਮੁ ਮੁਖਿ ਰਾਮਾ ॥
Make that teaching your mother, that it may teach you to keep the Lord's Name in your mouth.
October 11, 2011 02:09PM
Wonderful Vista ji.
October 11, 2011 02:28PM
SLAPPED!
October 11, 2011 03:31PM
shabad sung by Dulla veer jee long time comes to mind :

ਸੋ ਕਿਛੁ ਕਰਿ ਜਿਤੁ ਮੈਲੁ ਨ ਲਾਗੈ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਰਤਨ ਮਹਿ ਏਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਜਾਗੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥: So kish kar jit mail na laagai. Har kirtan mahi eh manu jaagai ||1|| ||Rahaaou||: Make only those efforts by which the "filth" (fith of Bikaars: lust, anger, greed, attachment, pride and their countless variations) may not stick to your mind; and your mind remains awake (alert or aware of the pull of Bikaars) through the Lord's Kirtan (ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ) ||1|| ||Pause|| (sggs 199).
October 11, 2011 05:18PM
Great post! I like the emphasis on rehni,behni, and sehni.
January 15, 2015 10:43AM
Ears****** - "Eh sravano mereho sachae sunane no pathaye"

With Ears we must only listen Gurbani and Gurmat Talks from Gursikhs. I read a book and it said that if you hear songs(any language) it will actually corrupt your thoughts from inside and you will fall in the well of Lust. Also, listening Ninda of other person is a big obstacle towards naam bhangti.

"Anta Gur Aradhana, jeheva Jap gur naau, netri satgur pekhna sravani sunna gur naau"

Sat Kartar !!!
January 19, 2015 01:50AM
Bhai Sahib ji-- The point of keeping rehit does not diminish even if the mind is not a 100% pure. It's a constant struggle till one point. I have not reached that point yet.

Some are more fortunate that they are naturally saved from 5 vikars even before being put on the gurmat marg. But others need not lose hope.

Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very beautiful post and much required for today's
> times where our youth is struggling to keep its
> eyes and heart pious. A Gursikh is such, who as
> Baba jee in the above post, keeps his eyes and
> heart pure of lust.
>
> What's the point of keeping Rehit Bibek, when no
> effort is made to control the mind that is
> constantly giving way to lust?
>
> Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login