ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Akali Kaur Singh - Bibek related Saakhis

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
Akali Kaur Singh was a very important Sikh figure in the first half of the 20th century. He was present in every important Sikh affair and his opinion was very much valued in Panth. He was a very strict Bibeki Gurmukh. Presented below are some short Saakhis from the pious Bibeki life of Akali Bhai Kaur Singh jee. These Saakhis have been taken from his biography written by Attar Singh;

Dyeing Beard

Akali jee was close to famous Kathakaar Giani Udham Singh. Once a retired Fauji (military person) expressed his desire to meet Akali jee. Giani Uddam Singh persuaded Akali jee to meet this Fauji and took him to Gurdwara Bangla Sahib. Akali jee, Giani Uddam Singh and the Fauji sat in a corner to talk. Once they all sat down after saying Fateh, Akali jee took a glance at the Fauji and noticed that he was dyeing his beard. Akali jee said, "Singh Sahib, you have done Sewa of your beard by dyeing it?"

"Yes", replied the Fauji.

"Singh Sahib, what work (occupation) do you do?"

"I was serving in the military and now I am retired", replied the Fauji.

"In that case, now also retire dyeing your beard", Akali jee requested.

The Fauji was very upset and said, "I have dishonoured myself by coming here. You have shown no respect towards me."

Akali jee humbly said, "if you think I have done your Be-izzati (dishonour), then you can go ahead and do my Be-izzati and if you wish, you can hold me by my ears and kick me out of here but from today onwards don't dye your beard."

Hearing these humble words of Akali jee, the Fauji was embarrassed and felt remorse. He apologised and said, "I vow that from today, till I die, I will never colour my beard."

Non-Amritdhari can't do Sewa

Sant Bachitter Singh of Poonch narrated a Saakhi. Akali jee wanted everyone to be Tyaar-bar-Tyaar Amritdhari. Once Akali jee arrived at Singh Sabha of Poonch and Bachitter Singh went to see him. There were other Singhs sitting there with Akali jee. They requested for water. Bachitter Singh offered his services. At this Akali jee asked, "Singh Sahib, have you taken Amrit?".

Bachitter Singh got surprised at the question and said "No".

At this Akali jee said, "Take back the water you have brought since you have not taken Amrit yet."

Bachitter Singh was stunned and realized there and then that he had to take Amrit.

Not Eating Parshaada touched by non-Amritdhari

Once Akali jee and Gurbaksh Singh, a descendent of famous Sants, went to Darshan of Nanakana Sahib. Akali jee was a strict Bibeki and had not eaten for many days due to non-availability of Bibeki food. At Nanakana Sahib, Akali jee started making Parshade. The Parshaada was on the stove that he had to step outside for a moment. In the meantime, the Parshaada was going to get burned. Gurbaksh Singh used a chimta and turned the Parshaada on the oven.

Akali jee came and placed the Parshaada on the side. When Gurbaksh Singh noticed that the Parshaada had been placed on a side, he asked Akali jee why he had done so.

Akali jee replied, "since you have not taken Amrit yet, I can't eat this Parshaada."

Gurbaksh Singh was mad with rage. He said that he was a descendent of such great Sants and was sitting on their Gaddi. He did not require Amritpaan and that Akali jee had insulted him. He said many bad words to Akali jee and spoke very rudely to him.

Akali jee kept listening to him quietly and at times also smiled. Gurbaksh Singh was particularly upset that he had not even touched the Parshaada with his hand and had only turned it with a chimta, but still Akali jee was refusing to eat it.

After he stopped talking, Akali jee lovingly said, "Bachu (son), is there anything else you would like to say? It is true that you are descendent of famous Sants. So you have every right to say whatever you want to say to me."

Gurbaksh Singh had said enough and said no more. Akali jee made new Parshaada and offered it to Gurbaksh Singh, "Come Bachu, eat some Parshada."

"I will not eat it", said Gurbaksh Singh in anger.

"If you don't eat, then I too will not eat."

Saying so, Akali jee went and sat in one corner. Gurbaksh Singh too continued sitting quietly in another corner of the room. After some time, Gurbaksh Singh realized that Akali jee had not eaten for several days and now regretted speaking rudely to him. He moved up and apologised to Akali jee but Akali jee said that he would not get pardoned easily now. He asked him to become tyaar bar tyaar Amritdhari. Then he started explaining the importance of Amrit to Gurbaksh Singh. Only after Gurbaksh Singh pledged to become Amritdhari that he ate food.

The next day he took Gurbaksh Singh to Akal Takhat Sahib and himself organized an Amrit Sinchaar there and got Gurbaksh Singh to become Amritdhari.

More saakhis to come…

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹ॥

Inspiring Saakhis jio, Akaali Koar Singh Jee was a great Nihung Singh of modern era, may Guru Sahib send more Vichaarvan Akaali Nihungs like him.

With Regards,
Daas
sorry for being off topic.

Are there any writing of Akali Jee on Sree Dasam Granth Sahib ? or any anyone is aware of ?

Chota veer
Nihungs used to accept his Jathedari during the Mahalla at Holla Mahalla. There can be no doubt that Akali Kaur Singh accepted Dasam Granth as Rachna of Guru Sahib.

Kulbir Singh
Bh Kulbir Singh
Nihungs used to accept his Jathedari during the Mahalla at Holla Mahalla. There can be no doubt that Akali Kaur Singh accepted Dasam Granth as Rachna of Guru Sahib.
Singh jee, Chatrik's mind didn't even wander that direction to start withconfused smiley
was just interested to read his writings , if it does exist...

Chota veer
Reforming a Robber

There was once a robber who had just been released from jail. He was sitting in one corner of the Gurdwara Sahib where Akali jee was doing Katha. After Katha, Akali jee came and sat near the robber and in low voice asked him, "Are you a Punjabi?"

The robber who was trembling with cold as he was without proper clothing in the cold weather of Kashmir replied in the affirmative.

Akali jee asked, "so who come you have come here (in Kashmir) in such cold?"

"I had been caught in the case of a robbery and just yesterday got released from the local jail."

Akali jee asked him, "Can you tell the difference between theft (Chori) and robbery (Daaka)?"

The robber whose name was Jeevan Singh replied, "Yes Maharaj"

"Then please go ahead and tell."

Jeevan Singh was an uneducated rural person from the Punjab countryside. He started explaining the difference between Chori and Daaka as follows, "Maharaj, this is Chori – say you are sleeping and in the house where you are sleeping, we dig a hole in your back wall, steal your valuables and escape without waking you.This is called Chori"

He continued, "now listen what Daaka means – you are sleeping with your wife and children and we come and knock on your door. You ask from inside who we are and we reply that we are your sons-in-law. We come inside and right in front of your eyes, take away your valuables. This is called Daaka"

Akali jee laughed hearing the candid and simple response of Jeevan Singh and asked him what he could do for him. Jeevan Singh demanded something and Akali jee fulfilled his demand.

Akali jee asked him as to why he was engaged in this profession of robbery. Jeevan Singh replied that he did so to fill the stomachs of his family i.e. to feed his family.

Akali jee asked him what if his need of feeding his family gets fulfilled, would he give up robbery. Jeevan Singh promised to give up this dirty profession. Akali jee brought him to Chakaar, where Siri Guru Nanak Ashram was and appointed him the security guard there. This way, he reformed a robber through love and providing employment.

A Nindak

In a Panthik gathering, where Akali jee was present, a person severely slandered Akali jee while giving lecture. He kept saying many words of Ninda but Akali jee kept listening with cool mind. Perhaps he was not aware that Akali jee was present in Sangat. After he was done, Akali jee called him and after saying Fateh said, "Singh Sahib, if there is any more showering (of Ninda) that you want to do, please do it now since I am present in front of you."

Akali jee said these words with such love and humility that the Nindak felt immediate remorse and fell at his feet and sought forgiveness.

Akali jee and Pathaans

Akali jee's was a great Gurmukh and on top of that, his natural beauty too was outstanding. Whoever would see him once, could not help stealing glances at him. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee had seen him while his beard was black and writes that his face was such as shining moon is surrounded by darkness at night. He was naturally very fair and rosy. His beard in his later years was pure white. His Surmai Dumaala and Shaster Basters used to make his personality very attractive.

Two Bibiyaan (women) narrated an incident when Akali jee was walking in Delhi. Two Pathans started following him. Sometimes they would go behind him and sometimes they would overtake him. They kept looking at him. The Bibiyaan got suspicious at the strange behaviour of Pathaans and thought they were looking for an opportunity to attack him. They called a Singh and asked him to be alert in case they attack Akali jee.

Finally, the Pathaans moved forward and grabbed his feet and in Bairaag said, "ਬਾਬਾ ਹਮ ਸੁਣਤੇ ਥੇ ਕਿ ਵਲੀ ਅਉਲੀਆ ਐਸੀ ਸ਼ਕਲ ਕੇ ਹੋਤੇ ਹੈਂ ਜੈਸੀ ਆਪ ਕੀ ਹੈ; ਇਸ ਲੀਏ ਹਮਾਰਾ ਦਿਲ ਆਪ ਕੇ ਦੀਦਾਰ ਕੋ ਕੀਆ ਹੈ ਔਰ ਜੀ ਚਾਹਤਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਆਪ ਕੇ ਦੀਦਾਰ ਕਰਤੇ ਹੀ ਜਾਏਂ" (Baba we had heard that prophets and holy men have face as yours; for this reason our heart wanted to do your Darshan and our heart just wants to keep having your Darshan).

Akali jee pointing his finger upwards very lovingly and respectfully said, "ਵਲੀ ਅਉਲੀਆ ਤੋ ਵੋਹ ਹੀ ਹੈ; ਉਸ ਕੀ ਪ੍ਰਸਤਿਸ਼ ਵ ਦੀਦਾਰ ਕਰਨੇ ਚਾਹੀਏ" (Prophet, holy is only Him; only his praise and Darshan should be done)

Matha-Tek

Akali jee was strictly of the opinion that a Singh should not Matha-tek to anyone but Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee. If someone would try to touch his feet, he would stop and instruct him or her to say Fateh only and do Matha-tek to Guru Sahib only. Akali jee used to say that no Gursikh has the right to receive Matha-Tek from anyone.

If a Moman (Muslim) said to Akali jee, "Baba jee Salaam", Akali jee used to point his Safajung or Siri Sahib upwards and respond, "Sahib ko".

More Saakhis to come, Guru willing.

Bhul Chuk dee Maafi jee.

Kulbir Singh
thumbs up
The saakhis of Akali Jee with Gurbaksh Singh (descendant of the Sants) was so funny.

Does anyone know what was the Gurbani Nitnem of Akali Jee. How much banis did he read daily?
You are correct, rsingh jeeo. I too find this Saakhi very funny. First Gurbaksh Singh lashed out at Akali jee but later on he had to pay for this by taking Amrit the very next day. And also, the way they both were sitting in two corners after the argument was funny.

Kulbir Singh
Once, a famous Sant was visiting a Guruduwara. The Sant's chela had set up a special layout on the stage for him to sit on. When the chela turned around, Akali Kaur Singh got up and removed the gaddi. The chela came back, and picked it up again, and put it on the stage. Finally the Chela saw what Akali Kaur Singh had done. Akali Kaur Singh told him that that no one should be treated special in the hazoori of Guru Granth Sahib, except Guru Sahib. The chela became so furious he slapped Akali Kaur Singh, he did not slap him back. The Sant had approached the scene, and became a little freigntened. He told his chela to stop it.

Within days, that chela's hand became disabled, and he started loosing feeling in his body. He asked his Sant what was wrong. The Sant told him he had commited a horrible sin, that the Gursikh he had slapped was no ordinary Gursikh, but one with lots of naam kamiyee. He told him to go to Akali Kaur Singh and ask for forgiveness as that would be the only way he could get better.

The chela went to Akali Kaur Singh, and asked for forgiveness. Akali Kaur Singh replied by telling him that he did not remember being slapped. He could do nothing about this problem and that this issue only had to with his Baba (Guru Sahib) and this Sant. He said he could do nothing about it now, and it was in the power of Guru Sahib. That person, instead of being cured, later died.
My memory is a little foggy on this story because I heard it so long ago, but I will try my best to re-narrate it.
Jasbir Singh Chandigarh, narrated a story at last years smagam, that was told to him by a Bibi who was related to Akali Kaur Singh and stayed with him for some time.

Some Bibian had asked Akali Kaur Singh to set up an amrit sinchar for them. Akali Kaur Singh responded that the best place for any Bibi that wants to take amrit, would be from "Bhai Randhir Singh's Jatha" at narangwal.

When the Bibian arrived at Narangwal, they asked the sevadaar's at the Sinchar if Bhai Randhir Singh would be in the Punj. For some reason, Bhai Sahib was unable to do seva that day. The Bibian only wanted to take Amrit if Bhai Sahib was doing seva, so they left. When they were leaving, they ran into Bhai Sahib. They told Bhai Sahib that they would come back when he was doing seva in the punj. Bhai Sahib asked them if they came to take "Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Amrit" or "Bhai Randhir Singh Ji's amrit." Bhai Sahib told them that they would have to take amrit that day, and if they left and came back, they would not be given amrit. The Bibian agreed.
Vaaheguru!

Another thread about Akaali Jee [gurmatbibek.com]
Anonymous User
Re: Akali Kaur Singh - Bibek related Saakhis
July 23, 2011 04:21PM
Where can dass find the book about mass in English?

Also if Akali Kaur Singh jee is farladhari, shouldn't he be wearing a bana?
Please confirm if the following is true:

Pandit Triloki Nath Raina was among the Kashmiri Pandits who had gone to Sahib Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji Maharaj at Sri Anandpur Sahib in 1675. His son Amolak Singh was blessed by Dasmesh Pita's Amrit in 1699. Akali Kaur Singh ji was their direct descendant.

Please confirm if the following is true:

Pandit Triloki Nath Raina was among the Kashmiri Pandits who had gone to Sahib Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji Maharaj at Sri Anandpur Sahib in 1675. His son Amolak Singh was blessed by Dasmesh Pita's Amrit in 1699. Akali Kaur Singh ji was their direct descendant.

Yes this is true. Bhai Sahib has come from a long line of Gursikhs especially Gursikhs who did Sikhi Parchar. His ancestors were some of the first Gursikhs to spread Sikhi in Kashmir. His grandfather and father were also know for Sikhi parchar. SIkhi Parchar was deep in the DNA of Bhai Sahib JI. Bhai Kaur Singh Ji was so enthusiastic about Sikh parchar that he tried avoided marriage in spite of his parents objection in living a celibate life. Its quite funny how he avoided marriage. On the day of his marriage ( he was only 16) he escaped and ran off to Punjab. His parents called the police and said their son has ran away. He was captured and sent back to Kashmir. The second time when his marriage was about to take place he ran off to Panja Sahib in Pakistan. He was captured and taken back again. The third time he finally caved in and had an Anand Karaj, but his mind was too much into spirituality and he didnt want to get held back in doing Sikhi parchar. On the third day after his marriage he ran away to Panja Sahib again lol. Then he travelled to historical Gurdwara Sahibs like Sri Amritsar and Sri Hazoor Sahib. He even wrote a book about Sri Hazoor Sahib.

It was at Sri Hazoor Sahib where his life changed dramatically through the influence of the Akalis/Nihang Singhs. Here he renounced his worldy clothes and adopted Akali Bana in addition to keeping Sarab Loh Bibek he also started memorizing lots of Dasam Bani. He was one of the first and prominent Gursikhs to refute Arya Samajist when they were making slanderous claims about Sikhi and Guru Sahiban. Because of his knowledge of various Hindu texts he easily able to refute these clowns. His parchar continued throughout Punjab and he was able to influence many Gursikhs. His rehni behni even influenced Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir SIngh Ji to wear Akali bana and keep Sarab Loh bibek.

He was one of the first and prominent Gursikhs to refute Arya Samajist when they were making slanderous claims about Sikhi and Guru Sahiban. Because of his knowledge of various Hindu texts he easily able to refute these clowns.

I think you are mixing up Akali jee with someone else. He was not one of the first Gursikhs to refute the Arya Samajis and as a matter of fact he was not even born when the movement to oppose Arya Samajis started within Sikhs and was led by early Singh Sabhiyaas like Giani Ditt Singh. Akali jee was born in 1886 whereas the founder of Arya Samaj - Dayanand Saraswati died in 1883. The debates of Giani Ditt Singh with Dayanand took place a decade before 1883 i.e. in the 1870s. So you can see that Akali jee was not the one spearheading the movement against the Arya Samajis. Yes, he did spearhead the movement against Naamdharis. Maybe you meant to talk about Naamdharis.

His parchar continued throughout Punjab and he was able to influence many Gursikhs. His rehni behni even influenced Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir SIngh Ji to wear Akali bana and keep Sarab Loh bibek

Akali Kaur Singh jee was much junior to Bhai Sahib both in age and the time he took Amrit. Bhai Sahib was born in 1878 whereas, Akali jee was born in 1886. Bhai Sahib had kept Sarbloh Bibek even before Akali jee had taken Amrit and Bhai Sahib was not influenced by Akali jee to wear Baana or keep Sarbloh Bibek. Bhai Sahib met Akali Kaur Singh very briefly and did not even have conversation with him directly around the time Akali jee took Amrit. They became close to each other only after Bhai Sahib got released from jail and Akali jee invited Bhai Sahib to visit him in Kashmir. Before getting released from jail, Bhai Sahib probably met Akali jee only once in person, when Bhai Sahib as a prisoner was travelling in train. So there is no question of Bhai Sahib getting influenced in any way by Akali jee. Having said that, they had a very loving relationship which is evident from the writings of Bhai Sahib jee.

Kulbir Singh

I think you are mixing up Akali jee with someone else. He was not one of the first Gursikhs to refute the Arya Samajis and as a matter of fact he was not even born when the movement to oppose Arya Samajis started within Sikhs and was led by early Singh Sabhiyaas like Giani Ditt Singh. Akali jee was born in 1886 whereas the founder of Arya Samaj - Dayanand Saraswati died in 1883. The debates of Giani Ditt Singh with Dayanand took place a decade before 1883 i.e. in the 1870s. So you can see that Akali jee was not the one spearheading the movement against the Arya Samajis. Yes, he did spearhead the movement against Naamdharis. Maybe you meant to talk about Naamdharis.

I remember Dr. Ganada Singh Ji writing that the prominent gursikh Giani Ditt Singh Ji use to support Arya Samaj at its nascent but then opposed it when they started making slandering remarks upon Guru Sahiban/Sikhi. So yes he was the first to refute. What I meant to say about Akali Kaur Ji was he was one of the first ( not the first) prominent Sikhs to refute the Arya Samajist on a large scale. Giani Ditt Singh Ji started the tradition of refuting these Arya Samajit and Akali Kaur Ji became part of this lineage. Because of his diverse knowledge he became one of the promient debaters against the Arya Samajist. Akali Kaur Ji was knowledgeble of vedas and simrits and he used their own text to debate while highlighting the irrefutable truths of Gurbani. During Singh Sabha Movement he played a prominent role in propagating Sikhi and debating people who talked down on Sikhi. Like his ancestors he had a burning desire to spread Sikhi all over. He completely offered his whole life to Sikhi.

Akali Kaur Singh jee was much junior to Bhai Sahib both in age and the time he took Amrit. Bhai Sahib was born in 1878 whereas, Akali jee was born in 1886. Bhai Sahib had kept Sarbloh Bibek even before Akali jee had taken Amrit and Bhai Sahib was not influenced by Akali jee to wear Baana or keep Sarbloh Bibek. Bhai Sahib met Akali Kaur Singh very briefly and did not even have conversation with him directly around the time Akali jee took Amrit. They became close to each other only after Bhai Sahib got released from jail and Akali jee invited Bhai Sahib to visit him in Kashmir. Before getting released from jail, Bhai Sahib probably met Akali jee only once in person, when Bhai Sahib as a prisoner was travelling in train. So there is no question of Bhai Sahib getting influenced in any way by Akali jee. Having said that, they had a very loving relationship which is evident from the writings of Bhai Sahib jee.

What you say makes sense that It could have not been that Akali Ji influenced Bhai Sahib to keep Bibek as Bhai Sahib took Amrit before him, but from what I heard is that Akali Kaur Ji very much impressed Bhai Sahib with his Khalsa lifestyle especially his strict adherence to Khalsa rehat. . I remember reading Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Jis lifestory and he mentions he ( Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji ) was not a born Sikh, instead he adopted Sikhi in college. He also mentions he was very much impressed by Akali Kaur Ji when he came to the college and did Veechar of Gurbani and Gurmat Living at this time Bhai Sahib was not fully orthodox Sikh he was still learning about Sikhi. Bhai Sahib said all other guest speakers at the college were not impressive/influential, but Akali Kaur Ji made a great impression. Im not sure when Akali Kaur Ji gave a lecutre if Bhai Sahib was keeping Sarab Loh Bibek?

I also noticed that the some rehats that Bhai Sahib kept are very much similar to the Akalis such as Sarab Loh Bibek, Blue Bana, keeping Degh in Karahi even when serving. Even today these rehats are generally kept by Akalis and Bibekees. During the British Raj the only people who kept Sarab Loh Bibek were the Akalis ( Nihangs ) and the Naamdharis. Im sure Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh JI must have been directly or indirectly by some Akali if not Akali Kaur Singh Ji. Akalis originate from Baba Deep Singh Jis Shaheedi Misil they were the most prominent Gursikhs of keeping Khalsa Rehat/traditions even into the British Raj so surely Bhai Sahib must of learned from someone from this jatha. Who else were keeping the traditions of the Khalsa but the Akalis? Bhai Sahib was not born into Sikhi so he must have learned Gurmat traditions from somewhere?
Im sure Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh JI must have been directly or indirectly by some Akali if not Akali Kaur Singh Ji. Akalis originate from Baba Deep Singh Jis Shaheedi Misil they were the most prominent Gursikhs of keeping Khalsa Rehat/traditions even into the British Raj so surely Bhai Sahib must of learned from someone from this jatha. Who else were keeping the traditions of the Khalsa but the Akalis? Bhai Sahib was not born into Sikhi so he must have learned Gurmat traditions from somewhere?

Bhai Sahib was not influenced by any Akali to keep Sarbloh Bibek Hukam. Guru Sahib themselves influenced Bhai Sahib! Please refer to the following:

The following incident is from the life of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee. It occurred about a year after he took Amrit and its revelation made Bhai Sahib take on Sarbloh Rehat completely reinforcing its importance within him.

One day around 1904, Bhai Sahib came to Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gujaravaal where quite a few Singhs had gathered. Bhai Sahib requested the desire to drink some water. A Singh by the name of Gulab Singh told Bhai Sahib that there was no Dol (an iron pot for drawing water from a well). He said if you wish I could bring some water in a Boka (leather water bottle). Bhai Sahib felt uncomfortable in accepting water from a Boka and questioned if it was Gurmat to drink from such a bottle. From this a discussion started on whether it was right to drink water from a Boka (leather bottle). The discussion was inconclusive so it was decided that the verdict would be decided amongst the Ludhiana Sangat the next day. Bhai Sahib said he would now only drink water after getting an answer from this question.

The next day when they all gathered at Raipur Station to go towards Ludhiana they saw Dr Natha Singh on the passenger staircase holding a Sarbloh Garhvaa (Iron pitcher/vessel). Dr Jee said to Bhai Sahib that you have not drunk water since yesterday so have some Sarbloh water. Bhai Sahib getting a special feeling from this water in Sarbloh drank it. He then went towards the ticket counter, as he was about to purchase a ticket he saw Dr Natha Singh coming towards him on the platform saying “ Bhai Sahib don’t buy a ticket I’ve already bought one for you”. Bhai Sahib approached him and asked him “When did you buy my ticket, you were just giving me water from the Sarbloh Garhvaa”. Dr Sahib replied that “I did not give you any water”!

This astonishing Kala/event had a profound effect on Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee, he declared that his question had been answered there and then. From this day onwards Bhai Sahib kept Sarbloh firmly and completely, he kept Sarbloh even through many tough and difficult times because of its Divine importance and spiritual distinctness.
Gagan Singh that incident occurred when Bhai Sahib was already keeping Sarab Loh Bibek so it was not the incident which influenced him to keep Bibek it was an incident that strengthened his belief in keeping bibek in all instances even when they don't have a bata to drink water. Most likely it was sangat of an Akali ( perhaps Akali Kaur SIngh Ji) to keep bibek.

In regards to dark blue bana, and akalees Bhai Sahib has written about the dark blue being the clothing of Akaaless. And keeping shasters and untied dara should be kept as these are the showings of a warrior.
ਖਾਲਸਾ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਪਹਿਰਾਵਾ ਸ਼ਸਤਰਾਂ ਸੁਰਮਈ ਅਕਾਲੀ ਬਸਤਰਾਂ ਦਾ ਅਤੇ ਗੁਰਮੁਖੀ ਦਾੜਿਆ ਵਾਲੇ ਦਿਦਾਰਿਆ ਸਹਿਤ ਸਜੇ ਧਜੇ ਸੂਰਬੀਰਾਂ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਾਨ ਵਿਚ ਰਹਿਣਾ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login