ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Poem Bhai Anokh Singh jee

Posted by Vista 
Poem Bhai Anokh Singh jee
June 19, 2011 10:08AM
Poem By Naam Rassiya Shaheed Bhai Anokh Singh "Babbar"

Bhai Sahib was a prolific writer, and the founding editor of the monthly Magazine "Vangaar" His Shaheedee is one the greatest of the past decades which matches up to Puratan Gursikhs like Bhai Taru Singh, Bhai Mati Dass etc. Below is a popular Kavita he wrote.

"Par Adheen Supanay Sukh Naheen"
(Under Slavery/Occupation you won't find peace even in your dreams):

Khalsa Jee, The Khalsa Upon Whom The Lord of Both Worlds Has His Grace On.
The Khalsa Which Guru Sahib Has Blessed With His Own Image & Sovereignty
Imagine If That Same Khalsa Was A Slave Of Nadar Shah Abdali,
Its Not In The Character Of The Khalsa To Be In Shackles
Hear Sardar Jassa Singh Ahluwalias Battle Cry & Remember
Without Spilling One's Blood & Embracing Martyrdom Freedom Cannot Be Obtained
The Khalsa Will Certainly Rule, But Not Through Pity Or Mercy Of Any Man (Human)
But Instead Through The Kindness & Blessings (Baksheesh) Of Vahegurooo
The Khalsa's Vengeance Is Not With The Poor Of Meek, But From Its Inception Against Evil Oppressors,
Those Bloodsucking Leeches That Target The Common Man
Let Us Recognise Our Duty, And Instead Of Living Scared & Without Honour (Ankh),
A Warriors Death Is A Hundred Times Better.
Reverting Back To Our Khalsa Ancestry Lets Crush The Skulls Of The Enemies & Traitors Of The Panth
And Those That Desecarated Our Guroodwaray
Lets Fight For Our Freedom & Liberation, Moving Forward Without Fear Let's Enter The Battlefield.
Whether We Call It Khalistan, Khalsa Raaj Or Sikh State. Let Us All Pray At The Charan Of Vahegurooo
O'Lord, Please Do Not Make Me Sit At Another's Door

ਫਰੀਦਾਬਾਰਿਪਰਾਇਐਬੈਸਣਾਸਾਂਈਮੁਝੈਨਦੇਹਿ ॥
ਜੇਤੂਏਵੈਰਖਸੀਜੀਉਸਰੀਰਹੁਲੇਹਿ ॥42॥

Fareed begs, O Lord, do not make me sit at another's door.
If this is the way you are going to keep me, then go ahead and take the life out of my body.

Translated, This Last Line Describes How A Sikh Wishes Only Depend On, & Answer to Vahegurooo.

Dass
Anokh Singh Babbar

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Parnaam Shaheedan noo!

I pray that Guru Sahib blesses the Panth with more Babbar Shers like Shaheed Bhai Anokh Singh Jee, Shaheed Bhai Sukhdev Singh Jee, Shaheed Bhai Faujaa Singh Jee, Shaheed Sant Jarnail Singh Jee....
What a beautiful DARSHANI Chehraa of Bhai Sahib! His seva to the Panth will never be forgotten. The sacrifices he made can only be repeated by selected Chardikala individuals of the Panth. Imagine having to lose both eyes, tongue, being beaten nearly to death, and yet not giving up Gursikhi or telling the whereabouts of your brothers? May Guru Sahib bless us with the same might, dedication, faith and love for Vaheguroo.
Vaheguro Vahegurooo vahegurooo, what is there to say. There isn't enough praise in the world to talk about the sacrifice of Bhai Anokh Singh, the most inspiring shaheedi story of 84 that I have read about.

Ironically, most Sarblohee's are still considered terrorists, some things never change.
Translation of their own hand written biography, brings tears to the eyes.

My birth was on the 28th May 1957, pind Virhing, Suba Singh, Jilla Amritsar. My fathers name is Sardar Makhan Singh. I have three brothers and I am the third in line. I studied primary education in my pind (panjmee), then I studied my Matriculation (dasmee) in khadur sahib government high school. I spent two years at home doing kehthee (farming), and then I started my studies at khadoor sahib college, which is where I first had sangat (company) of the Singhs, and started attending keertan samaagams. Even though my mother and father were already Amritdhari, it was the sangat of the Singhs which had a profound impact on me. With their support, whilst at college I took Amrit at an Akhand Kirtan Jatha, Pakho pind samaagam in 1979.

After my BA in 1980 I got employment as an Gurdwara (Golak) inspector for the Shiromani Committee, through which I was able to get darshan of many Gurdwaray and also many Gursikhs.

With Guru Kirpa before my service as an inspector, I had the great fortune of meeting Jathedar Sukhdev Singh Babbar, Bhai Sulakhan Singh, Bhai Balwinder Singh, Bhai Sahib Singh, shaheed Bhai Kulwant Singh, Bhai Kulwant Singh aka Mengha Singh.

These beloved of the Guru, kept me at their Charan (their company) and I can never repay them in my lifetime, words cannot describe the bakshish (boon) I received from these beloved of the Guru. Neither do I have the words to describe the Rehmatan (blessings) I received from these Gursikhs. 

I have no praiseworthy actions or qualities which I can write of. With a pen in my hand I feel embarrassed to admit that even with the amount of time I have spent at the Guru's Ghar in the sangat of great Gursikhs, I haven't been able to do any seva. Upon reflection of my jeevani, I am tearful, if you ask me the truth there is no one more unpleasant than me in the world. 

Oh beloved of the Guru, Guru Khalsa Jio, you are very merciful and compassionate, take pity on me and do an Ardas for me at Guru's Charan that may I be kept safe from Lust, Anger, Greed, Attachment and Ego, and can become committed to the Panth, and be instilled with Gursikhi. May I be blessed with a small contribution to Panthic Seva. Oh beloved of the Guru, I plead with you to accept my request.

Your servant

Anokh Singh
Absolutely beautiful writing! Thanks for sharing Bhai Manmandar Singh jeeo. Such Nimrata is the virtue of Gursikhs of the house of Siri Guru Nanak Dev jee only.

Kulbir Singh
Can someone also post orginal Gurmukhi for both poem and letter? Beautiful writings!

With Regards,
Daas
Re: Poem Bhai Anokh Singh jee
June 28, 2011 01:45PM
will get a copy of it soon along with bhai sahibs other writings
July 13, 2011 02:50PM
Uploaded is another poem. A English translation would be much appreciated by Sangat.
Please right click and save it to view it properly. Apologies for it coming out so big, I don't know how to format it. lol

April 13, 2012 07:09AM
Translation Seva Bh Jasjit Singh jee for above poem. Sangat jee Please edit where needed as this is a rough translation.

Who don’t have home anywhere,
No one can cover his bareness.
Whose conscience is dead while alive,
He spared no winnower to chaff.
Who is broken from his Harmander,
He looks no excuse to be dead.
Who can not take revenge for self-honor,
He has no use to live alive.
Whose honor is taken away O people.
His ashes are also dishonored by relatives.
Sheep bow down neck upon beating,
However, Singhs fight back upon beating.
April 13, 2012 08:57AM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
This coward is var var sacrifise to beloved Sikh Lion Gems above of Guruji, whose brutal torture, by those who dare defy their own worst fate...victory will be for Sikhs...Akal Purakh resides in your human ghars, in Sachkhand, and in humility His King Saints sacrifise for Humanity...Wahoo Wahoo! Mai char kundha palia, Tudh Jevad na Mitar Gursaio...Gursaio Ke Mitar Pyareo!
[www.srigranth.org] (please read up to page 241, to know our struggle is not in vain).
EXTREMELY PROUD TO BE SIKH! NEVER DOUBT UNLIMITED POWER OF SATNAM VAHEGURU!
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login