Advanced

Mothers Curse Words

Posted by No-Bodh 
Mothers Curse Words
June 17, 2011 09:57AM
From an old post by Bhai Kulbir Singh.

Hilarious Stuff.

Daaday Magona!!
(One who does poo in grandfather's beard)

Vagg Chaar Jamaanay da!!
(Animal of four era) God knows what this means.

Chullay vich paina!
(one deserving to burn in the oven or stove)

Jaliyaa (my grandma's favourite)
(It means someone on fire, I guess)

Phittay mooh Vaala!!
I don't know how to translate this.

Kaalay mooh vaala!
(one with a black face)

Main tera khoon pee jaavaangi!( I have heard some moms say this)
(I will drink your blood).

Maithon kutt na khaa lavee!!
(Don't get beaten up by me)

Ajj main tere papa noo dassoongi!
(Today I will tell your dad).

Main tera ajj bhaDthaa bana dena hai!
(I will make Bhadtha out of you)

Once a very funny incident occurred. I checked my voice mail and was surprised to hear a woman yelling at her daughter and saying, "My name too is Jagiro. That Jagiro in India killed her daughter and I too am capable of killing you, kuteeye".

Apparently, she did not realise that she had not hung up and all this got recorded in my voice mail.

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Mothers Curse Words
June 17, 2011 12:15PM
My mother's comments during my school days, a few days after my exam results were out and I failed and I was being naughty - dhhakkeya reh! dhhakkeya reh! mai kenni aa chal kee kehna kee kehna, tu vadhi janna fatti hoi jutti vang!
June 17, 2011 01:29PM
Most common left out

1) Teri MAAN mar jaye eho jahe di !!
2) Mar Jaye tainu Jaman (ਜਮਣ ) vali eho jayii !!
June 17, 2011 02:10PM
"GHAR JA KAY DEKHI!"
(wait till you get home!)

"MEIN TERI SHELL LAADAYNEE AH!"
(im gonna peel your skin off!)

"MERA SIR NAH KHAA!"
(stop eating my head)

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
June 18, 2011 07:02AM
- Aag lagenehaa (whilst throwing the chappal up the stairs when I'm running to get away)

The chappal always got me, great aim.

- Mai tenu dasdee! (again whilst taking her chappal off)

- Hon Bol? (whilst shes grabbed me, and I cant get away up them stairs)

Ahh Memories..
June 18, 2011 08:15AM
You are still lucky, you got a verbal lalkaara warning before being hit. In my case I would see her walking towards me like a lioness and only when she was too close (and it was too late) I'd notice something in her hand, whether it was vellna, or chappal, or just the wooden hanger.
June 19, 2011 02:18AM
Ha Ha lovely curses.
June 20, 2011 10:54AM
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Ahhh...the love of a mother transmits even more poignantly when she is in a rage. hot smiley

"Mai Tenu Bhio Bhio Kae Chittar Maarangi" - Implying that the victim will be beaten with a soaked chappal. (This was from an elder sister to her younger brothers...bwhahahahaha...couldn't stop laughing when I heard it).

"Nikamaeyo".

"Phattae Mooh Tera" - but how will I get married then? ( eye rolling smiley ).

"Baandar Jya"

"Shut Up" - you know it's bad when your mother, who could hardly speak a sentence of English starts to use English. Must be imagined with heavy Punjab Accent.

"Ooloo Jya"

"(INSERT ANY ANIMAL NAME) Jya"

"Dangar Jya" - deserves special mention due to its frequency of use.

"Boak Jya" - same as above.
June 20, 2011 04:28PM
Mothers' who curse will be cursed themselves.....mothers who curse have no compassion......mothers' who curse were once cursed by their own mothers' or mother-in-laws......

There is no such thing as tough love. Love is like a warmly baked roti that is smeared with warm butter. It is never like a stale phulka that is stiff and bland.

Panjabi parenting skills have much to be desired for......this is why the panth is suffereing from a victim mindset and has no ekta or unconditional love.

Mother's need to parent from the heart, not form the head.

Children who are respected with thought, mind and action from compassionate parents will grow as true Khalsa.

Some say ' well a few slaps or a few curses didn't do me any harm..it saved me from going down the wrong pathway'. This is nonsense and is only a false justification of a parents actions because of the fear of not wanting to find fault in parents conduct.

Slaps and curses harm....love and compassion and warmth guide and give direction.

Read the poem by Yogi Bhajan in Furman-e-Khalsa on the gift of children.

Read this poem by Khalil Gibran..it is beautiful and brought tears to the eyes:

On Children
Kahlil Gibran

Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them,
but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

You are the bows from which your children
as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
and He bends you with His might
that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
so He loves also the bow that is stable.

WJKKWJKF
June 21, 2011 12:50PM
Hahahah!! such great memories!!! lol smiling smiley
June 21, 2011 01:05PM
Even though these words of mothers are curse words outwardly but really they are adorable. There is a saying in Punjabi:

ਮਾਂ ਦੀਆਂ ਗਾਲ੍ਹਾਂ, ਘਿਓ ਦੀਆਂ ਨਾਲਾਂ।

Because of the Moh element that Vaheguru jee has placed in all mothers, they always are the best well-wishers of their children. For a mother, there is nothing more lovable and adorable than her child. There is love even in her curses.

Another thing to think is that if a mother, who is a creation of Vaheguru, loves her children so much, imagine how much love Vaheguru has for His children - us all. Gurbani says that Vaheguru is the Mata and Pita of all. Surely, He must love us all, so much.

A child who has never seen fire or does not know about fire, may move forward to touch it but the child's mother would never let him do so. At that time, the child must be thinking how cruel and unjust his mother is but we know that the mother is just trying to do what is good for the child. Same is true with Vaheguru. We want so many things but Vaheguru gives us what is good for us. It's just that we don't know what is good and what is bad for us. May Guru Sahib bless us with true Gurmukhi Sidaq to accept the Bhaana of Vaheguru at all times.

Kulbir Singh
June 21, 2011 02:04PM
Beautifully said Bhai Kulbir Singh jeeo. My late daadee jee used to give a similar example. A child has a tumor on his arm and his mother takes him to the doctor. The doctor starts cutting the tumor to take out the puss and the child starts screaming in pain. He hates his mother for allowing the doctor to do this, but doesn't know that the mother is allowing this only for the child's own betterment. Tomorrow if the tumor is allowed to grow, it may cause the child to lose his hand, so to avoid that bigger damage, the mother chooses to have the tumor cut and the child cured with comparatively lesser amount of pain.
June 22, 2011 08:59AM
WJKKWJKF

Your response veer jee to the post daas put up doesn't make sense-with respect-we can agree to disagree.

Yes-agreed that Vahiguru loves all of creation...no doubts there.

Yes-Vahiguru is present in the creation as well as outwith.

No-there is no love in curses.....khima...can't see your logic in this. Your example of fire is a safety issue. It is the responsibility of each mother and father to ensure that the child has a safe enviroment to play in. If there is a perceived danger and the child who is unaware of this reaches out to the fire...a swift rescue followed by validation..such as ..'yes...I can see that you wanted to put your hand in the fire and I understand how you feel about not able to do that...I felt the same way when I tried to do the same thing when i was your age'.This is a very powerful Vahiguru blessed, 'daya' technique....saying a curse is all about the adult's frustration gratification and disconnects from the child.

The panth has, at this moment little daya....if there is no daya there is no dharam.

You say 'the child must be thinking how cruel and unjust his mother'.......a child who is a toddler has no concept of cruelty and unjustness..these are adult concepts, not a child's. An older child may have these concepts however once the parent has modelled cruelty and unjustness to the child, as these are learned behaviours. Daya is intrinsic to all humans from day 1.....we are designed to be compassionate and to love....a curse is the direct antithesis of this. A gurmukh is one whose thoughts-words and actions are aligned to Gurmat.Is there any evidence that the mother's of the Guru's cursed them?

There needs to be a frame shift in the way our mother's parent the children.....unconditional love, compassion, patience, connection with thoughts, words and action.....

Bhul Chuk Maak Karnee Jee

WJKKWJKF
June 22, 2011 09:28AM
Khalsa1968 jeeo, Daas was not at all responding to your post. Sorry if this is how you understood. Actually, I read "Preetkhalsa" jee's post about "such great memories" and ended up writing a post after that.

In my opinion, most of your points are quite valid.

Honestly, this thread is a form of light entertainment and not making any Gurmat point. Gurmukh mothers don't curse their children like this. Don't take this thread seriously.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login