ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it bibeki?

Posted by kaurrr_ 
Is it bibeki?
September 07, 2017 05:53PM
VaheguruJeeKaKhalsa VaheguruJeeKeeFateh!

Are plain rolled oats/old fashion oats okay for sarbloh bibekis? I find that they are used in many recipes (especially portable snack type recipes which my kids find yummy and easy to take to school), and can't seem to think of an alternative for them in case they are not bibeki. I personally enjoy eating them myself as porridge in the mornings with fruits as it fills me up before work and is relatively healthy.

What about coconut flakes and pre-dried packaged fruits? I know that it is very easy to dry fruits at home as I do this very often, however, in my area, many fruits such as cranberries, goji berries etc. are not available in the fresh variety. What do some of the gursikhs on this forum use?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Is it bibeki?
September 08, 2017 09:56AM
Dry fruit is ok in regards to oats different Gursikhs have different opinions on the matter. Some Gursikhs use steel oats for their breakfast porridge, but other uses rolled oats. Personally , I dont see any difference between the two because they are single ingredients and you are using this single ingredient to make something else. From what Ive been told by people who have been practicing Bibek for many years Bibekees are not so strict on single dry ingredients, but are more strict on drinking beverages ( juice, milk, flavored water etc) . Liquids such as oils are also accepted because they are a single ingredient being used to make something else.
Re: Is it bibeki?
September 19, 2017 04:51PM
Rolled Oats are steamed and processed a bit to make them cook faster than Steel or Stone Cut Oats. So Bibekis don't eat those. They only eat Steel Cut Oats or Stone Cut. Also some pre-dried packaged fruits contain sugar and other ingredients, so you really have to be careful on what is in the package before consuming is Bibeki.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login