ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Japan forces a harsh choice on Gursevek Singh and his Parents

Posted by Kaal Singh 
Gursevek Singh and his parents have been given a harsh choice, to either leave Japan and go to India as a family or have the family separated, only the parents go back to India while their son stays in Japan. Both are equally horrible. Bharpoor Singh, the father, has horrible history in India. He and his wife fled india in 1990s, the father has been imprisoned and tortured for sheltering the 1984 Singhs and their weapons. So it isn't safe for him to go back there.

I was wondering is there another option for the whole family e.g. Canada. Would it be possible for the family to move there? What is the system like there? We could open up a donation for the family to make the transition and stay easier until they find work?

I was also thinking it might not be a good idea for the family to be living in Japan, especially now, because of the North Korea threat.

Can we please discuss this here and not in the other thread that it was brought up in.

Here are the articles, it describes their situation and background in more detail:

Reuters

and

JapanToday
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
IMHO, in this case the best advice can be sought from United Sikhs team (http://www.unitedsikhs.org/). They have the legal expertise and reach to provide appropriate solution. Guru Sahib will surely show the way.
Thank you, I've passed the information onto United Sikhs.
United Sikhs got back and said they have been supporting the family for some years now. At the moment they are working on the possibility of their migration elsewhere. You can also help by donating to help them continue supporting the family at www.unitedsikhs.org/donate. Just put in the description the purpose of donation.
Good to hear that.
Yes, donating even $5 or $10 every month goes a long way for the various projects run by them.
This is what United Sikhs said about the donation: "If your friends and family could state that their donation is for Bharpoor Singh's family, we will make sure it goes for Gursevak's education".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login