ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ਵੇਦੀਨਾ ਕੀ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਵੇਦੀਨਾ ਕਾ ਖਾਣੁ

Posted by Harmeet Singh 
WaheguroojikaKhalsaWaheguroojikiFateh!!

We have used the above tuk being used by Gursikhs to support dietary bibek together with the following tuk ਵੇਦੀਨਾ ਕੀ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਵੇਦੀਨਾ ਕਾ ਖਾਣੁ ॥ ਸਿਫਤੀ ਸਾਰ ਨ ਜਾਣਨੀ ਸਦਾ ਵਸੈ ਸੈਤਾਨੁ ॥. However I think that the tuk should go with the previous tuk as is the second tuk of the stanza as ਚੋਰਾ ਜਾਰਾ ਰੰਡੀਆ ਕੁਟਣੀਆ ਦੀਬਾਣੁ ॥ ਵੇਦੀਨਾ ਕੀ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਵੇਦੀਨਾ ਕਾ ਖਾਣੁ ॥. If we do like that, the meaning would change a bit like the bad or characterless people make friendship with their kind and share the food. It won't be like if we do friendship with characterless people, we won't understand praising Waheguroo and the shaitaan will live inside us.

Other tuks are there to support dietary bibek and also friendship of Gursikhs should be with Gursikhs and also the Hukam of Guru Sahib but I don't think the above tuk should be used as a conditional form but as a statement form.

Question is: What is the meaning of the tuk according to Gurmat? Did Bhai Sahib wrote the meaning of above tuk in any of his books?

WaheguroojikaKhalsaWaheguroojikiFateh!!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Got the book page from Sukhdeep Singh veerji, will read through it.

Thanks.
Bhai Sahib jee did the meaning of this Salok in Gurmat Bibek book. I will try to find the page and let you know

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login