ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

In Dasam Guru Darbar--Devi Ustat is actually Akaal Ustat!

Posted by jujhar.singh 
In Sri Dasam Guru Darbaar, in Chandi Charitar - 2, there is Devi Ustat. In reality it is the ustat of Akaal Purakh. Below is the first stanza of the Devi Ustat written is poetic meter of Bhujang Prayat Chand.

[www.sridasam.org]

ਦੇਵੀ ਜੂ ਕੀ ਉਸਤਤਿ ॥
देवी जू की उसतति ॥
Eulogy of the Goddess:

ਭੁਜੰਗ ਪ੍ਰਯਾਤ ਛੰਦ ॥
भुजंग प्रयात छंद ॥
BHUJANG PRAYAAT STANZA

ਨਮੋ ਜੋਗ ਜ੍ਵਾਲੰ ਧਰੀਯੰ ਜੁਆਲੰ ॥
नमो जोग ज्वालं धरीयं जुआलं ॥
O Yoga-fire, Enlightener of the Earth! I salute Thee.

ਨਮੋ ਸੁੰਭ ਹੰਤੀ ਨਮੋ ਕ੍ਰੂਰ ਕਾਲੰ ॥
नमो सु्मभ हंती नमो क्रूर कालं ॥
O the Destroyer of Sumbh and dreadful manifestation of Death!

ਨਮੋ ਸ੍ਰੋਨ ਬੀਰਜਾਰਦਨੀ ਧੂਮ੍ਰ ਹੰਤੀ ॥
नमो स्रोन बीरजारदनी धूम्र हंती ॥
O the Destroyer of Dhumar Nain , O the Destroyer of Rakat Beej!

ਨਮੋ ਕਾਲਿਕਾ ਰੂਪ ਜੁਆਲਾ ਜਯੰਤੀ ॥੪॥੨੨੩॥
नमो कालिका रूप जुआला जयंती ॥४॥२२३॥
O Blazing like fire Kalika! I salute Thee.4.223.

If we move to the 11th Stanza, there is a tukk(the one in bold) 'Namo Astarr Dhartaa'. If it was ustatt of some hindu devi, it would have been 'Namo Astarr Dhartiii'. But the verb is 'Dhartaa' which makes it clear that Devi Ustat is actually Akaal Ustat.

ਭਵੀ ਭਾਰਗਵੀਯੰ ਨਮੋ ਸਸਤ੍ਰ ਪਾਣੰ ॥
भवी भारगवीयं नमो ससत्र पाणं ॥
O the power of Yama, O the power of Bhrigu and the the wielder of weapons in Thy hands, I salute Thee.

ਨਮੋ ਅਸਤ੍ਰ ਧਰਤਾ ਨਮੋ ਤੇਜ ਮਾਣੰ ॥
नमो असत्र धरता नमो तेज माणं ॥
Thou art the wearer of arms, most Glorious;

ਜਯਾ ਆਜਯਾ ਚਰਮਣੀ ਚਾਵਡਾਯੰ ॥
जया आजया चरमणी चावडायं ॥
Unconquerable for ever and conqueror of all, bearer of elegant shield;

ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਾਲ ਕਾਯੰ ਨਯੰ ਨਿਤਿ ਨਿਆਯੰ ॥੧੧॥੨੩੦॥
क्रिपा काल कायं नयं निति निआयं ॥११॥२३०॥
And performer of justice at all times, the Merciful Kalika! I salute thee. 11.230.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
All is manifestation of Vaheguru. He created the whole seen world from the unseen Nirgun. Chandi is one of the many powers that Vaheguru has created. She is not the actual focus of praise in Devi joo kee Ustat, but Vaheguru jee is.

When you praise a flower, you are not praising the flower but in fact you are praising the doer or the creator of flower. If someone cooks tasty food and you praise that food, you are actually praising the cook of the food and not the food itself. Even though you are actually praising the food and calling it tasty, yummy etc. it's not the food that's the focus there and it's not the food that gets pleased but the cook of the food takes it as a complement on herself (or himself).

Same way, when you praise different creations of Vaheguru whether animate creation or inanimate creation, you are actually praising Vaheguru jee only. So even if Chandi has been praised in Chandi Charitter for slaying evil demons, the actual praise is being done of Vaheguru jee. Ones who have Hindu phobia start associating such Baani of Guru Sahib jee with Brahmanvaad and fail to get the actual message of Guru Sahib jee.

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login