ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Books for Children

Posted by sk 
Books for Children
March 28, 2016 07:47PM
Please share Gurmat-related, Punjabi books appropriate for young children jeeo.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Books for Children
March 28, 2016 08:18PM
The Picture Book that goes along with Ardaas. If you can find it it is a gem. Simple, Impactful ,and highly relevant.
March 28, 2016 10:10PM
There are few material available on Sikhnet, which you may have a look. Personally, I have not gone through their material. But I am under the impression that they take care to keep the stories content and it's historical relevance accurate as much as possible.

Try below links

[www.sikhnet.com]

[www.sikhnet.com]

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
March 29, 2016 02:00PM
WaheguroojikaKhalsaWaheguroojikiFateh!!

Bhenji, I would recommend writing your own. You have so many stories on your blog, just create few small books smiling smiley

I have noticed that the illustrations make a huge impact. Most books have very bad representation of the Sikhs in the image even if their intentions aren't bad. There are some issues with the stories on Sikhnet while some of them are good, so you might want to filter the ones which you want to share with the kids.

I believe that you received the copy of Warrior Princess - Rani Sahib Kaur book.

March 29, 2016 02:40PM

Bhai Jaskirat Singh Jio, I know Sikhnet is one of the leading and most visited website. I have heard them promoting hindu rituals (or being closely associated with the group doing so in Sikhi roop). Thus I wouldn't buy anything from them even if I have no resource at all but that is my personal choice.

jaskirat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are few material available on Sikhnet, which
> you may have a look. Personally, I have not gone
> through their material. But I am under the
> impression that they take care to keep the stories
> content and it's historical relevance accurate as
> much as possible.
>
> Try below links
>
> [www.sikhnet.com]
>
> [www.sikhnet.com]
> -and-book
I think someone should take on the task of writing Sakhis for children that are available online. It will be great seva.
March 29, 2016 06:43PM
Self promotion: "We have 3 books on Sikh Women. We are selling them at nominal price and all proceeds are going for sponsoring Amritdhari Sikh Girls from needy families with tuition fee. PM me if interested"

1. Bibi Dalair Kaur Ji
2. Mata Bhaag Kaur Ji
3. Rani Sahib Kaur Ji of Patiala
March 29, 2016 11:06PM
Thank you Bhai Harmeet Singh Ji for the update on Sikhnet issue. I know their universe revolve around Yoga but I thought atleast they were creating children stories as per Gurmat.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
March 30, 2016 12:54AM
Yoga is one thing but this isn't good. I don't know whether Sikhnet is directly involved but I am going with name of the page and some of the posts.
[m.facebook.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login