ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Are Prof. Sahib Singh's meanings right ?

Posted by sikh.learner 
ਮੇਰੇ ਸਾਹਿਬਾ ਹਉ ਆਪੇ ਭਰਮਿ ਭੁਲਾਣੀ ॥
O my Lord and Master, I am deluded by doubt.
ਅਖਰ ਲਿਖੇ ਸੇਈ ਗਾਵਾ ਅਵਰ ਨ ਜਾਣਾ ਬਾਣੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
I sing the Word which You have written; I do not know any other Word. ||1||Pause||

[www.gurugranthdarpan.com]

Are prof. Sahib Singh's meanings right?
Is the english translation right ?

what are the right meanings ?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Professor Sahib Singh's explanation of "Akhar" makes less sense to me, if someone could confirm would be good.
ਅਖਰ ਲਿਖੇ ਸੇਈ ਗਾਵਾ ਅਵਰ ਨ ਜਾਣਾ ਬਾਣੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Humble Translation: ਜੋ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਰੂਪੀ ਅਖਰ (ਸਤਿਗੁਰਾਂ ਨੇ ਲਿਖ ਦਿਤੇ ਹਨ) ਉਹੋ ਹੀ ਮੈਂ ਗਾਵਾਂ, ਹੋਰ ਕੋਈ ਬਾਣੀ (ਕਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ) ਮੈਂ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾਣਦੀ ਭਾਵ ਹੋਰ ਕੋਈ ਬਾਣੀ ਮੈਂ ਨਹੀਂ ਗਾਉਂਦੀ। I sing only the letters or words that Guru jee has written; I don't know any other Baani i.e. I don't sing any other Baani.

The English translation in the original post is closer to the correct meanings. The humble translation above has been done based on Bhai Sahib Randhir Sing jee's meanings in some book that I can't remember now. The meanings of Professor Sahib Singh are too far-fetched in this case. No need to stretch your imagination too much when the simple meanings make more sense.

Gurbani Agam Agaadh Bodh hai.

Kulbir Singh
Professor sahib singh has done very good efforts by writing the guru granth darpan to understand the gubani and meanings of words in gurbani.

but only one mistake

He tried to prove eating meat when he explains meaning of bhang mashli jo jo prani khay and in other shabds also.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login