ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਵਿਧਾਨ (ਅਥਵਾ ਰਹਿਤ-ਮਰਯਾਦਾ)

Posted by Preetam Singh 
ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਵਿਧਾਨ (ਅਥਵਾ ਰਹਿਤ-ਮਰਯਾਦਾ)
ਭਾਈ ਕੌਰ ਸਿੰਘ

ਪੰਥ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਅਖੰਡ ਕੀਰਟਨੀ ਜੱਥਾ ਕਲਗੀਧਰ ਦੀ ਜੁਗੋ ਜੁਗ ਅਟੱਲ ਪ੍ਰਚੱਲਤ ਕੀਤੀ ਰਹਿਤ ਦੇ ਸਭ ਤੋਂ ਨੇੜੇ ਹੈ । ਕੁਝ ਢਿੱਲਾਂ ਜਿਹੜੀਆਂ ਹਨ ਉਹ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਰਣਧੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਦੀ ਪੰਚਾ ਸੇਵਾ ਛੁੱਟਣ ਕਰਕੇ ਮਗਰੋਂ ਆਈਆਂ ਹਨ । ਓਹ ਹਨ :-

1. ਸਰਬ ਲੋਹ ਬਿਬੇਦ ਲਾਜ਼ਮੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਦਸਿਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਫਿਰ ਸਰਬ ਲੋਹ ਵਿਚ ਢਿੱਲ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਨੂੰ ਕੁਰਹਿਤੀਆ ਕਿਥੋਂ ਦੱਸਿਆ ਜਾਣਾ ਸੀ ।

2. ਬਾਣਾ ਲਾਜ਼ਮੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਦੱਸਿਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ, ਅੰਗਰੇਜ਼ ਦੀ ਉਹੀ ਗੁਲਾਮੀ ਦੀ ਨਿਸ਼ਾਨੀ ਪੈਂਟ ਸ਼ਰਟ ਨਾਲ ਹੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਛਕਾਇਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ।

3. ਛੋਟਾ (9 ਇੰਚ ਦੇ ਕਰੀਬ) ਵੱਡਾ (ਢਾਈ ਤਿੰਨ ਫੁੱਟ ਦੋ ਕਰੀਬ) ਦੋਨੋਂ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਲਾਜ਼ਮੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਦੱਸੇ ਜਾਂਦੇ । ਬੱਸ ਛੋਟੇ ਨਾਲ ਹੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਮਿਲ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ । ਜਦੋਂ ਕਿ ਛੇਵੇਂ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ ਤੋਂ ਹੀ ਇਹ ਰਹਿਤ ਪ੍ਰਚੱਲਤ ਹੋ ਗਈ ਸੀ । ਇਸ ਦਾ ਸਬੂਤ ਹੁਣ ਭੀ ਹਜ਼ੂਰ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਮਿਲਦਾ ਹੈ, ਜਦੋਂ ਕਿ ਉਥੇ ਦੋਨੋਂ ਹੀ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸਜਵਾ ਕੇ ਹੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਦਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ (ਉਥੇ ਭੀ ਕੁਝ ਢਿੱਲ ਆ ਗਈ ਹੈ, ਮਗਰੋਂ ਲੁਹਾ ਲੈਂਦੇ ਹਨ) ।

4. ਜ਼ੁਲਮ ਨੂੰ ਦੂਰ ਕਰੌਣ ਲਈ ਜ਼ਾਲਮ ਦੇ ਟਾਕਰੇ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਤੇਗ ਦੀ ਵਰਤੌਂ ਕਰਨ ਲਈ ਸਿੰਘਾਂ ਸਿੰਘਣੀਆਂ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਗਤਕਾ ਸਿੱਖਣਾ ਭੀ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਹੈ । (page 12)

Humble Translation (Please correct my mistakes as this is my first attempt) :

Within the Panth the Akhand Keertani Jatha is the closest to following Guru Kalgidhar's eternal rehit. The few dhills that are present came after Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh stopped doing seva in the panj pyare. These are:

1. Sarbloh Bibek is not given as a mandatory hukam anymore, so if someone does not keep sarbloh bibek how are they going to be treated as kurehitis?

2. Bana is not given as mandatory, some are even given amrit while wearing pant shirt, which are signs of slavery of the British.

3. Small ( close to 9 inches ) big (2 and a half to 3 foot) both Sri Sahibs are not given as mandatory hukam. People are given amrit while wearing only the small Sri Sahib. This rehit has been here since Guroo Hargobind Sahib Jee. It is still seen at Hazoor sahib where only those people are given amrit who are wearing both sri sahibs (but now there is dhill of taking the big one off afterwords)

4. In order to combat slavery it is important for the knowledge of using tegh for both singhs and singhnis. Gatka should be mandatory to learn.

Humble thoughts:

The above is a small extract from Bhai Kaur Singh Jee's book, Khalsa Vidhaan. Bhai Sahib has outlined the reasons for lack of ekta in the panth. Until the above stated dhills are not gone from the panth, we can have no panthic ekta.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
These are absolutely wonderful thoughts of Bhai Kaur Singh jee. Thanks for bringing them to Sangat, Preetam Singh jeeo. Please continue to translate Bhai Sahib's work for the benefit of Sangat.

Daas personally was greatly influenced by Bhai Kaur Singh jee's writings about 15 years ago.

Indeed, Panth today has totally given up Rehit of Gurmukhi Baana, Siri Sahib and Sarbloh Bibek. Few ones who keep these Rehits by the Kirpa of Guru Sahib, are constantly mocked, opposed and ridiculed by their own Gursikh brethren. Where would they look for help and assistance if their own brethren oppose them? There is no sanctuary, other than Guru Sahib.

Kulbir Singh
ਸਰਭ-ਲੋਹ ਰਹਿਤ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ, ਨਾਂ ਹੋ ਇਸ ਤੋਂ ਮੁਨਕਰ ਭਾਈ
ਰਹਿਤਾਂ ਬਖਸ ਕੇ ਹੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ ਸਾਡੀ ਅਡ ਪਹਿਚਾਣ ਬਣਾਈ
ਕਰ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਆਪ ਕਰ ਧਾਰਨ ਤੇ ਤੋਰ ਅਗੇ ਹੋਰਾਂ ਤਾਈਂ
ਕੋਈ ਵੀ ਰਹਿਤ ਇਸ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਪੰਥ ਦੀ ਨਾ ਕਦੇ ਨਿੰਦੋ ਭਾਈ
ਰਹਿਤਾਂ ਸਿਰਾਂ ਤੇ ਨਿਬਾਹ,ਸਿੰਘਾਂ ਸਿਰ-ਧਰ ਦੀ ਬਾਜ਼ੀ ਲਾਈ
ਵੀਰੋ ਪੰਥ ਖਾਲਸੇ ਦਿਓ ,ਰਖੋ ਰਹਿਤਾਂ ਕਰੋ ਖਾਲਸੇ ਦੀ ਚੜਾਈ
ਬਿਬੇਕ,ਸਰਬਲੋਹ ਦੀ ਅਤ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਸੋਹਣੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਵਾੜ ਬਣਾਈ
ਜੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਅਜੇ ਬਖਸੀ ਦਾਤ ਗੁਰੂ, ਸੰਗਤ'ਚ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਕਰਾਈੰ
ਇਹ ਦਾਤ ਅਨਮੋਲ ਹੈ ਦਸਮ ਪਿਤਾ ਦੀ, ਨਹੀਂ ਹੈ ਸਸਤਾਈ

ਇਹ ਰਹਿਤ ਦੇ ਧਾਰਨੀ ਵੀਰਾ ਤੂੰ ਰਜ-੨ ਕਰ ਨਾਮ ਕਮਾਈ
ਆਪ ਭੁੰਚ ਨਾਮ-ਬਾਣੀ ਦੇ ਗਫੇ ਤੇ ਕਰ ਹੋਰਨਾ ਦੀ ਤਰਾਈ
ਰਖ ਕੇ ਪਿਆਰੀ ਰਹਤ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਨਾ ਕਿਸੇ ਦਾ ਦਿਲ ਦੂਖਾਈੰ
ਦੇਖ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ ਗਜ-ਵਜ ਕੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਫ਼ਤੇਹ ਗੂਜਾਈੰ
ਨਾ ਰਖੀੰ ਕੋਈ ਫ਼ਰਕ ਦਿਲਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਖਾਲਸੇ ਦੀ ਕਰ ਵਧਾਈ

ਕੋਟ ਕੋਟੀ ਨਮਸਕਾਰ ਰਹਿਤ ਧਾਰਨੀਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਜਿਨਾ ਵੇਲ ਚੜਾਈ
ਆਪ ਚਲੇ ਜਨਮ ਸਵਾਰ ਆਪਣਾ ਤੇ ਹੋਰਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਹਿਮਤ ਸਖਾਈ
ਕਰਿਓ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਇਸ ਨਾਚੀਜ਼-ਕੂਕਰ ਦੀ,ਜੋ ਦੇਖ ਚਲਦਾ ਤੁਹਾਡੀ ਪਰਛਾਈ
Subhaan! Subhaan!

Bahut Khoob! Bhai Balraj Singh jeeo.

Very meaningful poem in support of Guru Sahib's Rehit Behit.

Kulbir Singh
Such a strong, fearless message by Bhai Kaur Singh ji. Thank you for sharing this.

Vah ji vah Bhai Balraj Singh jio! What an amazing poem!
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!!

Preetam Singh jeeo you meniton

"The above is a small extract from Bhai Kaur Singh Jee's book, Khalsa Vidhaan. Bhai Sahib has outlined the reasons for lack of ekta in the panth. Until the above stated dhills are not gone from the panth, we can have no panthic ekta."

The statement you make is incorrect- and an impossible scenerio to have ekta just because of the points mentioned above - impossible do you know why???

For e.g. Maharaja Ranjit Singh - not even amritdhari - was responsible for panthic ekta at one time --surely there were more sarbloh bibek's back then there are today..but thing is they were far too humble and were not the ones like us typing away criticising every other day,week month or year.This has been the tone for the last 20 odd years on forums back and forth akj,etc.etc on this very topic..

There have been countless shaheeds who were not sarbloh bibeki's i'm sure you're aware of them, countless chardi kala singhs in the akj, taksal and other panthic groups who were not sarbloh bibekis'

Now i don't mean to demean sarbloh bibek, i too do believe it and am slowly on a path to it hopefully one day i'll make it--you know it takes a long time to teach an old dog new tricks. But this critical arguement is in itself forces others to criticize sarbloh bibekis themselves and remains in an endless loop, year afer year - decade after decade..
NS I'm not sure if i fully understood your point, but the people who will criticize will continue to criticize. A internet forum like this can only lead more people to keeping Bibek then pushing away. Those are opposed to the views, are most the time already critical of the rehit, and therefor nothing would have changed their mind to begin with. I can't imagine a Singh on the verge of keeping bibek reading this forum and saying, "I'm not going to keep Bibek anymore, because Bibek Singh's seem like they are all hunkaree." Those who think this way would not keep Bibek anyway.

And you are correct, there have been many Singhs of the past who did lots of Seva for the panth, and weren't "Sarblohee's," but this has nothing to do with anything. I'm not sure how saying Bibek is mandatory for every Gursikh lessen's the status of Gursikhs who didn't follow certain rehit. That's never the intention, the intention is just to state what rehit Guru Gobind Singh Ji's has blessed us with . People too often use the excuse that such and such mahapurkh didn't keep Bibek, so it's okay for me not to either. What is the reason to say this? This only leads people off the true path, this only leads people away from keeping rehit. It's better not to mention such things at all. No matter how much kamiyee anyone in the universe has, there is nothing above Guru Sahibs hukams. All we need to do is obey them, if we follow Guru Sahib how can we go wrong?
Please can a veerji/bhenji from the sangat expand on point 3.

What is the reason behind wearing two sri sahibs / why was it given as rehat ?

Thank you

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ke fateh !!
Ns ji, you don't seem to make any sense. How does keeping Bibek make you a hankaaree? Isn't hankaar the opposite of not living upto Guru Sahibs Hukams? If surrendering yourself to Guru Sahib and obeying His Commands a form of hankaar, then what is nimarta? It is good so and so does an x amount of Japjee Sahibs a day, or whatever Baanee, but this has nothing to do with criticising or not following Rehat. And according to
you, surprisingly I am aware of Baba Jarnail Singh and other shaheeds who didn't keep bibek, but I'm also sure they didn't get this upset over someone who did . If we can't talk rehat here on an Gurmat internet forum, what else are we to talk about then? Noah's Ark? Is this nimarta?
this is truley excellent work Singho on writing articles like this in english and online, dass will try give some input and maybe possible ways we can improve on rehat and how we may implement them in our own life.

1. In terms of Bibek i will not comment this moment in time as dass feels he is not wise enough to give vichar on this

2. Bana i was taught that what ever clothes you wear in amrit sanchar should be worn in general day work/life, dass has been ridiculed by others but strangely in public i was approached by a Panjabi man and commenting on how beautiful "I" looked i simply commented that im just a servant my master is the true beautiful one. To implement this in one life our elders and prominent members of our community who wear bana should talk to the sangat explaining these asools not just for singhs but bibia as well. Note the individual should be explain physical and spiritual reasons for bana

3.Keeping 2 kirpana on you luckily dass felt in neseccary one gupt kirpan and one visible kirpan, I know that in the west we cant wear 3' foot kirpans but we should try our best also the relevance of keeping this rehat

4. Learning shastar vidiya is Guru Sahibs hukam if we look at our history pre 1940's Sikhs fought for there lives however we look upto from 1947 to present majority of Sikhs have become dhilla in this rehat no wonder we get slapped right left and centre look at that sikh who got his pagh ripped of his head, if that sikh was tyar bay tyar would of beaten that police man regardless

Ekta is not between our friends and people we agree with BUT the people who we dont generally get along with or who's view we might not agree with HOWEVER for the benefit of Khalsa Panth will do put aside differenes and work for the benefit of Khalsa Panth based on Gurmat.
Wonderful write up Preetam SIngh Jeeo,

I must admit #3 is the most difficult rehat
to follow for those of us living in the West.
Hopefully one the the general public
well become aware of the fine edge of
Sikhi, and thus it will be easier for one
to adopt this rehat. Until these favorable
conditions occur through the grace
of GUru Gobind SIngh Ji, we should try to be firm in
all other GUrmat Principles (rehats).

I was just curious where did BHai Kaur SIngh Ji get the measurement
of kirpan length ( 9 inches) ? In Gurmat Bibek, BHai Randhir SIngh Ji
mentions there is a need for 1 foot ( 12 inches) kirpan ( pg 219, sarab Loh Bibek)
"Until the above stated dhills are not gone from the panth, we can have no panthic ekta."

So essentially everyone has to become like you in order for there to be ekta. I have seen narrow mindedness in the panth before, but this really takes the (bibeki) cake.
The meaning of ekta is to accept the differences of others.

And when did what you wear and how you look on the outside become so important? The essence of sikhi is against this principle. TThere are thousands of gursikhs across the globe that realize this and are doing just fine in their simple clothes. And I'm pretty sure Guru Sahib does not love them any less. I do want this to seem like an attack on gursikhi bana because it is not that at all.

>. What is the reason to say this? This only leads people off the true path, this only leads people away from keeping rehit. It's better not to mention such things at all.<

Why would you shy away from saying such things. It is fact. This does not mean that you should not wear a bigger sri sahib or keep sarbloh bibek, but it does not take away from the fact that an endless amount of gursikhs have reached Guru Sahibs charan without wearing a bigger kirpan or wearing a chola in everyday life.

What should not be mentioned is the attempt to create even more divisions based on bana, size of kirpans, sarbloh bibek etc. (oddly enough in a lot of pictures of Bhai Sahib bhai Randhir Singh jee the gurmukhs around him would not meet your standards)

So essentially everyone has to become like you in order for there to be ekta. I have seen narrow mindedness in the panth before, but this really takes the (bibeki) cake.
The meaning of ekta is to accept the differences of others.

Everyone must follow gurmat for panthic ekta. At this point we have so many different jathebandiyaa and different understandings of gurmat that we have no panthic ekta. It is a fact that without having roti beti dee saanj you cannot have true pyaar for another gursikh. There will always be that barrier. There is only one Guroo, so logically there can only be one Gurmat. The above rehits are all in accordance to Gurmat. Therefore, without following gurmat, we can have no panthic ekta.

These are not attempts to create divisions in the panth, these are simply attempts to unify the panth under one rehit maryada.
Sher jeeo,

We live in an age of science and materialism. We live in an
age that looks down on religious appearances and religious
principles. In this age, there is much pressure for the religious
minorities to assimilate to the wider society.

Now if there are some Singhs who want to hold firm in their
Sikhi in the midst of this Naastic- Scientific age then why
are you so bent on stopping them. If you are insecure
about your Sikhi you shouldnt bring dubdha to others.
We need to understand what Bhai Kaur Singh jee is trying to say. Like object merge whereas objects that are not alike too sometimes come together but their differences show. Water and water merge and unite seamlessly but if we try to mix water and oil, they may stay together in the same utensil but their differences show.

Unity of Khalsa in reality can only be achieved if all become practicing Khalsa. It's not about Sarbloh Bibek, or Kirpan but about obeying Guru Sahib's Hukams. We have full unity in Panth as far as keeping Kesh is concerned and same holds true for Dastaar (for men at least). Same way, why can't we all be united as far as Bibek is concerned? Only when we all become Tatpar (eager) to obey Guru Sahib's Hukams, will true unity come. Until that time, we may get together on issues-based unity but perfect and complete unity will not come.

Why is there full unity in Sachkhand? Because the ideology of all inhabitants of Sachkhand is one. Same needs to happen on Earth's Sachkhand - Gurdwara Sahib.

Kulbir Singh
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Ask yourselves when was there unity in the panth?? I don't it ever was even in Guru Sahiban's times ??

"Unity can only be manifested by the binary.Unity itself and the idea of unity are already two"

It's cuckoo land mentaility to think that there will be unity on this earth just based on rehat and i agree with Sher Singh the presentation of such arguments cause more debate , more division , we're leading our selves into the way the muslims already are!?? or not?

Muslims have how over 30 countries that speak the same language, same koran, same religion - but do they have unity?? In pakistan alone there are 7 versions of islam.

WORLD unity is the wish of the hopeful, the goal of the idealist and the dream of the romantic.Yet it is folly to the realist and a lie to the innocent.

On a positive note - carry on with bibek- sarbloh- etc. bana -- no problem -- go for it , but don't think for a moment you can thrust it upon anyone, impossible and if thrusted will not last. There are few families in the UK that i know for a fact thrusted bana - bibek etc on their own kids -- come 18- adulthood some of those kids chose to cut their hair go completely the opposite.

The idea of one rehat - exists but still each creates their own version of this and that - which causes division - biggest downfall in the panth for the last 50 odd years.Before those 50 odd years there were difference of rehat but Gursikhs accepted each other , invitied each other to their programmes, the first step to prove there is unity of some sort on the basis of being a Sikh - let's see more AKJ prograames being held at Taksall Gurdwaras and VICE VERSA- and that is a challange in itself. TILL the ONE IN BANA AND REHAT AND SARBLOH Prove to their own BRETHEN who loving they are - unity is just a DREAM.

Finally Despite my bantar here above and the differences that exist within the kaum it's a fact SIKHISM is GROWING FAR AND WIDER and at PACE that we have no control over , than WE can even begin to imagine.
NS Jeeo,

Do you mean to tell me that its impossible
for the panth to unified and take directions
from a single institute ( SRI AKAL TAKHT SAhIcool smiley ?
Was Sri Guru HarGobind Sahib an impractical
dreamer as well?
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Don't make me laugh veere - you know exactly where i am coming from cool smiley
Creating a statement about Rehat and relating that particular supposedly Ideal Rehat Statement to the idealism of Panthic Unity are two different points of discussion. While disagreeing with the REHAT STATEMENT could never be "allowed" on this forum; second part must be allowed.

I think, Bapu Kaur Singh Ji, presented that statement out of idealism simply. But he is correct in an indirect way,only.

When every body in the PANTH will be in love for the REHAT of GURU SAHIB, EKTA is an automatic outcome of that situation. We will not toil for EKTA rather EKTA will be a fruit of that ALL - GURSIKHS - LOVING - REHAT situation. The major issue of ours or our PANTH is not EKTA rather it is our own personal development. When all ore OK (with GURU or REHAT) Ekta is issue of the GURU Himself. Gold is Gold every where and always. When every body is KHALSA (or golden), our appearance will matter not, as all the ornaments made out of Gold are Golden.

Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji has also stated like that in a different way. He is quoted to say that " It is no time to worry about KHALSA RULE or EKTA in PANTH, we need to worry about our own personal spiritual uplift."

Bapu Kaur Singh Ji has replaced "Spiritual Uplift" with "Code of Conduct". And while Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji advises us to not worry about PANTHIC EKTA, Bapu Kaur Singh Ji relates lack of EKTA with our weaknesses.
MB Singh jee where exactly is this quote made by Bhai Sahib?

I know Prof Puran Singh ji said the same or the English translation:

Stop these mockeries and do not talk but live. Do not be anxious to save Sikhism. Rest assured that Sikhism can take care of itself. Your only anxiety should be to save YOURSELF.
WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA,WAHEGURU JI KI FATHE KHALSA JIO,IN this topic talking about ekta.Dass opinion is in this position,dass think in coming next 100 years panth can't become on one platform.Because there is very great reason and if we think that this are a white paper of the reason,that is not wrong.Let went behind in past. Before the1932 panth began any morcha they won it.Dass think the last morcha won by khalsa was morcha of keys of gurudwara sahib.After it khalsa had made not victory in any incident.The greate reason was made our GURU SHRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB PADCHED from LARRIWAR. AFTER that khalsa go every day dhendikala.LIKE seprate our GURU JI'S ANG ANG KHALSA ALSO DIVIDED IN PARTS.So if panth wants to be united than firstly give hoka of 'SAACA GURU LADHO RE'. IF their was any one sarup of GURU JI'S are present padched there was not become any panthak ekta. if dass opinion was wrong then KHA LSA JI'S JORRE was on dass head . bhul chuk di khima Guru Panth da .kookar SAACHA GURU LADHO RE
Thank you, Veer Manmandar Singh Ji, for quoting the words of Prof. Puran Singh Ji. I will like to copy these words to the face book page on Prof. Puran Singh.

The words of Bhai Randhir Singh Ji are very popular ones and these were available on stickers, as well. At present, I could not find out the book, containing these. May be other brothers /sisters may help in finding those.

Regarding the views of Veer Harsh Singh Ji about EKTA, I feel that the inference is logical also. Losing LAREEDAAR Sarup from most of the Gurdwaras and homes; shows our non serious and shallow approach towards GURMAT and GURU. So living with such casual approach towards the community affairs, is likely to invite disunity over community issues.
The Importance of Unity

Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib jee, the true King was staying in Anandpur Sahib. One day Guru Ji, told the Sevadaars to cook a lot of rice. When the rice was cooked they were piled in a heap, then Guru Ji asked the Singhs to bring some deer. The deer were brought and allowed to eat the rice from the pile. All the deer ate some rice each and went away. The Singhs asked Maharaj "what does this mean?" Maharaj told them he will explain it tomorrow. The next day Maharaj asked that a few dogs be brought to the same pile of rice. When the dogs were brought to the pile the first one took a mouthful and the dogs started fighting, the pile of rice was ruined (they were all over the place drowned in blood) and the dogs left injured and hungry. Maharaj was laughing at this scene.

Daya Singh asked: "Saache Paatshaah Maharaj jee, What is this? Yesterday you fed rice to the deer and today to the dogs, what does this mean?

Sri Maharaj Jee said: "Singhs I have given you instructions for the times to come. If you act like the deer in a united manner, you will find satisfaction and success, but if you fight like the dogs did, you will get bloodied and beat up and will not get anything"

YES

NO
>>It is a fact that without having roti beti dee saanj you cannot have true pyaar for another gursikh. There will always be that barrier<< - Preetam Singh

>>Like object merge whereas objects that are not alike too sometimes come together but their differences show. Water and water merge and unite seamlessly but if we try to mix water and oil, they may stay together in the same utensil but their differences show.<< - Kulbir Singh

>>Unity of Khalsa in reality can only be achieved if all become practicing Khalsa.<< - Kulbir Singh

Preetam Singh veerjee it is so very unfortunate that you do not have true pyaar for other gursikhs and feel a barrier.
And Kulbir Singh jee it is also unfortunate that you akin your gursikh brothers to oil (haha) and also feel this barrier with your brothers. Or that you feel others are not practicing Khalsa.

I would take this as an opportunity for the both of you to learn to love all your gursikh brothers (and sisters) regardless of these differences. It really is not that difficult.

And Kulbir Singh jee it is also unfortunate that you akin your gursikh brothers to oil (haha) and also feel this barrier with your brothers. Or that you feel others are not practicing Khalsa.

I was just talking about the fact that full unity of Khalsa Panth can come only if all obey Hukams of Guru Sahib. The Hukam of Bibek prevents Gursikhs to fully mingle (roti beti di saanjh) with ones who become Bemukh (turn their back) by not obeying basic Hukams of Guru Sahib. Sorry if I was not clear and caused a misunderstanding to you.

I would take this as an opportunity for the both of you to learn to love all your gursikh brothers (and sisters) regardless of these differences. It really is not that difficult.

Thanks for the reminder, jeeo but Gursikhs who follow Hukams of Guru Sahib, including Bibek, not only love their Gursikh brothers (and sisters) regardless of these differences, but they love every creature of Vaheguru because the Jyot of Vaheguru resides in all. The being or Atma of everyone is pure and is essence of Vaheguru. How can a Gursikh not love everyone?

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login