ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where to give Dasvangh

Posted by SS 
Where to give Dasvangh
January 27, 2016 05:20PM
WaheguruJiKaKhalsa WaheguruJiKiFateh

Das attempts to take out dasvandh each month, but I wanted to know which charities the sangat would recommend, as there are many charities which take a large chunk of the donation for themselves?

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa WaheguruJiKiFateh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Where to give Dasvangh
January 28, 2016 11:21AM
"Don't give, spend your Dasvandh with your own hands". This is what, at least, I have learned from my experiences.

Few months back there was this news. A Singh from Australia along with his Son does the Sewa of providing free meals to homeless/needy ones. He drives taxi during whole week and on weekend his family prepares Langar at his home, then goes out and distribute it. Imagine the kind of connection he is making with society. This is the best way to engage with society and make the people aware about Sikhi.

Giving it to committees who are running Gurughar and even in Akal Thakhts is not resulting in any Chardi Kala of the Panth. I have seen in India and even in abroad its all same. Sangat's Dasvandh being misused in internal or external politics or wasted in doing useless things just to prove that one committee is better than other committee. They neither have any roadmap nor any system to promote Sikhi. These committees have made maryada of langar as picnic and degh as pudding. Cold drinks, ice creams, naan, bhatura, samosas ... is this langar ?

The need of the time is that Panth needs "Education". We are lacking a central and uniform system that can provide scholarships to needy but brilliant students. Whichever charity or organizations are doing that they working in scattered manner and in bits n pieces. The Educated Sikhs in various Govt., Non-Govt., Public or Private sectors can bring Panth in Chardi Kala. From Engineers to Doctors to Mathematicians to Scientists to Bankers to etc etc ... Sikhs needs to be in diverse profession across the world.

Unfortunately, the small amount of Sikhs who are in important seats are Not Amritdhari. The best example is our own Dr. Manmohan Singh Ji the Ex-PM of India. Had he been Amritdhari, he could have achieved feats for the Panth.

My suggestion would be that just adopt one needy child's Education till his/her graduation. Don't give money directly to kid's family but handle everything on your own. Give kid's school/college fees, buy books and do all other things on your own. Engage with kid and kid's family. From time to time you may need to attend that kid's nutritious diet and medical needs too. If you can't do it alone with your Dasvandh then form a team of 4-5 like minded individuals to execute the plan.

If you still wish to donate then few trust or organizations that comes to my mind are :
1. Bhai Dharam Singh Khalsa Charitable Trust (Regd.), Sri Amritsar. [bdskhalsatrust.com]
2. Bhagat Puran Singh Ji Pingalwara Trust, Sri Amritsar. [www.pingalwara.net]
3. United Sikhs - [www.unitedsikhs.org]

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login