ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Right vs. Wrong

Posted by LostSikh 
Right vs. Wrong
September 09, 2015 04:04AM
How does one fully ascertain whether he/she is doing right or wrong. For example, there has been something I've been thinking of doing for a while that I think would better the Sangat in my area. I took the first few steps towards doing that a few days ago (sorry, that I'm being very vague about it), and when doing Ardaas, I got a Hukamnama that made me think I was on the right path (and the Hukamnama was: MeraGurHoaaAapSahaai).
But within in the last few days, I've been faced with many problems and have had some tell me what I'm doing is wrong (even my mother). At the current moment, I'm not sure what to do. I am not sure if Guru is trying to teach me right/wrong through these people or if it is just a Maya talking through these people trying to make me feel bad for what I am doing and trying to get me to stop. The Hukamnama I got makes me feel that it is just a chaal of Maya, but what my mother said really struck me and made me wonder whether or not I should continue. But again, a Sikh should not back away from his/her Ardaas to Guru Ji, which adds more to me dilemma
Sorry for being vague, but given the state of what I have to do, I can't give away too many details without the actions I'm going to take affect the answers to this thread.
Please help.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Right vs. Wrong
September 10, 2015 09:23AM
I can give you a personal example..I told one of my freinds brother that her girlfreind is cheating on him. In my mind I wanted to help him and it back fired me so bad that now both girl and that guy is harrasing me.And she was cheating on him. I only let him know because his cousin made me..
I have heard so many bad things, I have been threatened, harrassed, and all the things a person can do or say to put me down I have seen it and still seeing it.
From this ordeal, I learnt the value of letting go, forgiving, and learning that help those who wants help i guess or one who will appreciate it.
I have gained trememdous amount of patience, tolerance, and fogiveness.
So no matter what you are doing..as long as it is not harming other will be good for you..Because if you could not help people maybe your soul will learn and grow from it.
We probably will never know whether we are right or wrong..its just a mere perception. If you think what you are doing is helping others keep doing it.
For instance, i watched a documentary and that lady was a killer and she killed so many people in the name of religion. She never said she was wrong. People kill for religion and it is all right.

As long as no one is being harmed keep doing it I would say..Put yourself in other peoples shoes and judge your action.

when I tell about that girl, I hurted her and thats why i just let them do whatever they want now because i want to pay for the wrong I have done
Re: Right vs. Wrong
September 11, 2015 10:11AM
Next time, better to not interfere betha jio_/\_
you only add to your karam, take others' karam, and lose all blessings, besides getting others' curse jio, as I recently went through,
but Dhan dhan Dhan lakh baria Vahiguroo for Guru Shabad atey Naam to help up just forge ahead towards the Supreme Light_/\_, and as you mentioned learn, and be a better jeev to know, Nanak dukhia sab sansar....because we live in forgetfulness that is is all His game...
bhul chuk muaf Vahiguroo Vahiguroo Vahiguroo Vahiguroo Vahiguroo Vahiguroo Vahiguroo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login