ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to conquer fear?

Posted by Lostsoul. 
How to conquer fear?
July 15, 2015 06:04PM
Waheguru jee ka khalsa, waheguru jee ke fateh!

I have always had a fear of driving and have been struggling since ages, I am 26, I have been trying since I was 19. I don't now how to conquer my fear, No license is eating me up everyday since ages. Somebody please tell me is there any paath or shabad I can do to get rid of my fear? I live in a place where without license, I am handicapped.
I know in sikhism we are not given any mantras, But how do sikh conquer their struggle?
I have been doing a lot of paath and my fear still does not go away.
I really need something to remove my fear, My free will is not strong enough to conquer this fear.
I can't get myself to practice driving, I told my brother lets go for practice and he said we will go during evening and now I feel like a failure since I am hesitating to remind him.
I have a headache, I get tensed hen I have to think about practicing to drive.
I dont know what is it thats stopping me to go , sit in car, and practice.
At this point, I have a sharp pain in my head since I feel like I failed again.
I know its not a big deal for people but for me it had brought me so much embarsment and tension and I have failed many times to conquer this fear.

I am sorry, I have been venting a lot here but I am a very struggling person who desperately need help.

Thank you and sorry if I said anything wrong.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: How to conquer fear?
July 16, 2015 06:14AM
I have suggested this eaerlier to many people and I stick to this. Exercise is a very strong medicine. If you are young with no joint issues, start lifting weights, it will increase the testosterone and give you immense confidence and power within yourself. Depression is easily conquered by exercise.
Re: How to conquer fear?
July 16, 2015 08:13AM
The only I can suggest is to spend some money & get some lessons. One you will be forced to go, once the instructor comes & 2nd when you are spending money than you will think twice of opting out. Once you become little confident than you can push you brother to help you out. It can be a long process but you have to set a long term goal & keep at it. Drive during off hours when there is less traffic. Once you are driving don't worry about other drivers opinion or rush your self. Take your time & be safe & drive on slower lanes. Practice, practice & practice.

Paath will help you to calm your nerves. Hope it helps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login