ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A MUST READ: A Night with the Husband Lord

Posted by Banjowala 
Rare are those Soul Brides who sit patiently all night in the presence of their beloved, waiting for that one glance of grace that will change everything. It doesn't matter how long they have to wait, 10 hours is nothing for them as long as they spend it in the company of their Husband Lord, knowing that tonight could be the night that they get their turn.

ਕਰਮਹੀਣ ਧਨ ਕਰੈ ਬਿਨੰਤੀ ਕਦਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਆਵੈ ਵਾਰੀ ||
The unfortunate soul-bride makes this prayer: O Nanak, when will my turn come?
ਸਭਿ ਸੁਹਾਗਣਿ ਮਾਣਹਿ ਰਲੀਆ ਇਕ ਦੇਵਹੁ ਰਾਤਿ ਮੁਰਾਰੀ ||੧||
All the blessed soul-brides celebrate and make merry; bless me as well with a night of bliss, O Lord. ||1||

The Soul Brides come with the mindset of meeting their Lord, nothing else is pleasing to them. When they look around all they see are other beautiful Soul Brides, all more beautiful than each other.

ਹਿਕ ਦੂੰ ਹਿਕਿ ਚਾੜੇ ਅਨਿਕ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਨਿਤ ਕਰਦੇ ਭੋਗ ਬਿਲਾਸਾ ||
Each of them is more beautiful than the others; countless are His lovers, constantly enjoying bliss with Him.
ਤਿਨਾ ਦੇਖਿ ਮਨਿ ਚਾਉ ਉਠੰਦਾ ਹਉ ਕਦਿ ਪਾਈ ਗੁਣਤਾਸਾ ||
Beholding them, desire wells up in my mind; when will I obtain the Lord, the treasure of virtue?

Seeing them a great yearning dwells up inside, the Soul Bride redoubles her efforts in becoming acceptable to the Lord. The Surt (concentration) gains focus, the Hirda (Heart) is tickled with emotion and the Body is rejuvenated with a new lease of life. The Soul bride must have the darshan of her Husband Lord that night, she cannot wait any longer. All other worldly affairs are forgotten as if they never existed. The Lord cannot show himself quick enough, the pangs of separation are unbearable. It is then that the Lord bestows his grace and gives everything to the Soul Bride. Dhan is that Soul Bride! Who has spent her night with her Husband Lord.

Dhan is that Soul Bride who focuses her attention on her Husband Lord and not other Soul brides. She doesn't care about which Soul Bride is performing Kirtan for the Master, they all seem sweet to her. She sings her heart out regardless of the reputation of the Soul Bride performing. She focuses her attention on the sweet words being sung and not the bride singing them, she understands that the song being sung is the embodiment of the light of her beloved, it will lead to the union!

The Soul Bride which is pleasing to the Husband Lord embodies the virtues of the Lord. The Lord himself is sam-drisht and does not discriminate. Taking this attribute to heart the Soul Bride does not discriminate between the blessed Dhadhis of her husband's court. She has come to meet and enjoy the Master of all, why should she attach herself to the servants of his court? Whether the Kirtani is young, old, high pitched, low pitched, "famous" or unknown the Suhagan will sing the praises of the Lord happily all night. Not caring if her own voice goes or if her voice isn't good enough. She is being showered with love and grace from her husband, what to care about these worldly distractions. Dhan is that Soul bride which enjoys the Kirtan of all and doesn't discriminate.

The Soul Bride knows the Lord is very happy when one performs service of the holy congregation. For this reason the Soul Bride stays in the service of the Holy all night without even a thought of leaving before they do. She cleans the shoes and dirty dishes of the congregation, she prepares nice foods for the fellow brides, she cannot leave the service of the holy, she waits all night to thank the congregation for blessing her with their presence. So rare are occasions to serve the Lord or his devotees! Why waste such opportunities when they come to your doorstep? Dhan is that Soul Bride who recognises her responsibility and serves the Sangat till the sun rises.

Such Soul Brides become so pleasing to the Husband Lord that he does anything for them. He saves their honour in every place, just like he did with Bhagat Sain Ji. The Lord himself went to perform Bhagat Ji's duties while Bhagat Ji was immersed all night in the Lords praises.

So rare is the above Suhagan, I embody the opposite of what the Suhagan stands for. I come for enjoyment of nice tunes, I come to hear the voices of "top performers", I come to talk to others but doing all this I fail to enshrine the love of my Master. These are my actions. Oh Great Guru! What can be done for this unfortunate bride? ... And then... an emotion filled prayer wells up from deep inside me:

ਤੁਧੁ ਗੁਣ ਮੈ ਸਭਿ ਅਵਗਣਾ ਇਕ ਨਾਨਕ ਕੀ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ਜੀਉ ||
Virtue is in You, O Lord; I am totally without virtue. This is Nanak's only prayer:
ਸਭਿ ਰਾਤੀ ਸੋਹਾਗਣੀ ਮੈ ਡੋਹਾਗਣਿ ਕਾਈ ਰਾਤਿ ਜੀਉ ||੧||
You give all Your nights to the virtuous soul-brides. I know I am unworthy, but isn't there a night for me as well? ||1||

The Lord touched by my love filled humble prayer in his benevolence hugs me close!

ਪਿਰਿ ਅਉਗਣ ਤਿਸ ਕੇ ਸਭਿ ਗਵਾਏ ਗਲ ਸੇਤੀ ਲਾਇ ਸਵਾਰੀ ||
Her Husband Lord takes away all her faults and mistakes; hugging her close in His embrace, He embellishes her.

Dhan Guru, Dhan Guru Pyareh

Benti for us all to enjoy Rehansbai Kirtans as Guru Ji's Beloved Soul Brides
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login