ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Benti to Bhai Kulbir Singh

Posted by mahamoorkh 
Benti to Bhai Kulbir Singh
February 17, 2010 08:11AM
VJKK VJKF

Benti to Bhai Kulbir Singh, can you pleaaaaaaseeeeee put recordings of yourself doing asa kee vaar, sukhmani sahib, bavan akhri, sidh gosht and dakhni oakaaar on this website!!

This is a benti as a lot of sangat has requested!!!

Can you please replyto this!!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Benti to Bhai Kulbir Singh
February 17, 2010 08:22AM
Veer "not-Mahamoorakh" jee,

Honestly talking, I am not paathi material. I do most of my paath in surthee and I believe my paath is not pleasing to the ear. Very soon, shudh paath by some sweet-voiced Gursikhs will be uploaded on this site.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
February 17, 2010 10:19AM
VAAH VAAH. Amaazing nimrita!!!

Can you please expand " I do most of my paath in surthee"

Is it more beneficial than reciting with the tongue?

Has Bhai randhir singh written doing path with the surti?
February 17, 2010 10:46AM

Can you please expand " I do most of my paath in surthee"

Is it more beneficial than reciting with the tongue?

Has Bhai randhir singh written doing path with the surti?

What I meant with surthee paath that I do, was that mostly I do paath in non-audible manner. This has become a habit after so many years.

As for real Surthee paath, it is done purely in concentration, mentally. The first thing is to do paath using tongue in such way that the paath is audible to the self. Then the surthee should be used to listen to this paath. Slowly, over time, one can do paath purely in Surthee i.e. not using any part of the body e.g. lips, tongue, throat etc. In the beginning when we stop using lips, tongue or throat, and do paath in surthee, we use hands or finger or other part of of the body to get the paath going when it gets stuck in Surthee. When one's Surthee becomes balvaan (strong), then paath can be done with much greater speed and better understanding.

I wrote in one of posts that Bhai Atma Singh jee used to do Siri Sukhmani Sahib paath in Surthee in 15-16 minutes as soon as he used to get up in the morning. It used to happen automatically. One can't do paath with such speed using tongue, lips and mouth.

Subedar Baghel Singh jee, a very chardi kala Gursikh, told me that in order to make our Surthee Balvaan (strong) an effort should be made to do some paath purely in Surthee. Exactly same thing Bhai Mahinder Singh Kala Sangha told me about 10 years ago. Another Chardi Kala wale Singh - Giani Harbhajan Singh Shatrana - who was a companion of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee and Bhai Atma Singh jee, advised that an effort should be made to do some paath purely in Surthee.

Bhai Sahib has written that Naam Abhyaas can be done using Baikhree, Madhma, Pasanti or Para. In order to do Madhma, Pasanti or Para, one has to employ Surthee to varied degrees. These three sounds are not physical sounds and thus the Surthee is used to listen to these sounds.

Kulbir Singh
February 17, 2010 01:15PM
VAAH VAAH BHAI SAHIB JEE AMAZING PURE ANAND. Do you do simran in surthi as well??

Talking about Gyani Harbhajan Singh Shatrana Jee, i heard many stories about them. Can you please share some infrmation on Gyani Harbhajan Singh Shatrana Jee jeevan and what he told you when you had a conversation with them!!

Thanks would appreciate this greatly Bhai Kulbir Singh Singh Jee.
February 17, 2010 01:21PM
Is this Bhai Harbhajan Singh Jee

[www.flickr.com]
February 17, 2010 02:05PM
Hanji this picture is of Bapu jee, i.e., Giani Harbhajan Singh jee Shatrana. Bapu jee is one of the most chardi kala walay Gurmukhs I have ever met.

Kulbir Singh
February 17, 2010 02:40PM
mahamoorkh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> VAAH VAAH BHAI SAHIB JEE AMAZING PURE ANAND. Do
> you do simran in surthi as well??
>
> Talking about Gyani Harbhajan Singh Shatrana Jee,
> i heard many stories about them. Can you please
> share some infrmation on Gyani Harbhajan Singh
> Shatrana Jee jeevan and what he told you when you
> had a conversation with them!!
>
> Thanks would appreciate this greatly Bhai Kulbir
> Singh Singh Jee.

Please answer bhai kulbir Singh
February 17, 2010 02:44PM
Dear brother, I am hesitant to write about him because if he finds out he will be upset at me. He does not support writing about an alive person like that. So baksh laina jee.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login