Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FIND A GURSIKH PARTNER

Posted by Manhar Singh 
FIND A GURSIKH PARTNER
January 19, 2015 10:54PM
Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Jee Ke Fateh
Dear Sanjat Jee,
I will like to invite suggestion on one of the most important maryada in the sikh way of life, the Anand Karaj. Therefore, how should one go about finding a gursikh partner. All suggestions are welcome sanjat jee
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: FIND A GURSIKH PARTNER
January 20, 2015 10:01AM
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Parents and elder Gursikhs (who know you). Best source as they both would know your personality, the personality of the rishta, compatibility, family backgrounds, and suitability.
Re: FIND A GURSIKH PARTNER
January 24, 2015 08:13AM
WHGG, WHGKF,
Firstly, thanks for your recommendations. I am currently 27. There are lots of complexities involved that have to be examined as far as my case in concerned. I will like to put it before sadh sanjat jee.
Firstly, as someone who kept his kesh, knew nothing about gurus and coming from more of a punjabi background and less of sikhi values, it has been a tremendous learning process over the last three years. I only got interested in sikhi when I was doing my masters in economics with gurus kirpa. I am about to get into a phd programme in economics from one of the good institutes in India.
I got so motivated that I eventually decided to be baptised about two years. But, keeping rehat was always a challenge when you are at university. But still with gurus kirpa, I did what I could. Now, since I am almost at the right age when one decides to settle down. However, I am very confused with regard to Anand KARAJ mainly becasue my Phd will take a good part of four years. Therefore, getting married after I am a doctorate will delay things, which I do not want. I do not want to get married in my 30s.
Basically, I am confused on two fronts. Firstly, ideally, I would like my spouse to be amritdhari but at the same time I will also like her to be highly educated (by highly educated I mean a doctorate or something similar). Though I have full bharosa in Guru Sahib, I also feel that it might be difficult to balance both those aspects out.The other thing that I have in mind is having Anand Karaj with a sikh female, who is interested in sikhi, but not yet baptised, but still willing to be initiated.
However, the other thing is I would like someone with whom I can learn more and more about sikhi and do more and more of simran, path and learn the sakhis, history and other aspects of sikh life and pass it to the children.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login