ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Non-Amritdharis and Patits help to prepare Karhah Parshaad at Sri Harmandir Sahib (Shocked)

Posted by Manvir Singh 
I have just come across the video posted on YouTube about how Karhah Parshaad is made at Sri Harmandir Sahib. Its a very informative short documentary.

VIDEO: Golden Temple Community Kitchen-Sustainable Living: Karhah Prashad

Sadly, I was shocked to see that at 40 seconds a man who clearly cuts his beard and not wearing Bana is stirring the Karhah Parshaad mixture. Then at 2minutes 21 seconds it shows people with cut Kesh (monay) lift the bucket of Karhah Parshaad to take be used for distribution.

It is very disheartening that our core institutions have compromised Maryada to this extent.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
People ask many bibeki singhs that why they don't take Degh from Any Gurdwara Sahib and Even Harmandir Sahib and this video is the proof of it. A Gursikh told me story that how he stop taking Degh from Local Gurdwara Sahib. It was very funny story. He told me that once a sevadaar was preparing Degh parsaad as per methodolgy he puts ghee first and set it on flame and then a bibi came there and what bibi saw there was very funny. She saw that sewadaar was eating biscuits by dipping it in ghee after watching it bibi asked sewadaar that what are you doing its wrong he said that no its not wrong because he was dipping biscuits in ghee by holding them from top and throwing it in his mouth without any contact of his hands with his mouth. It was really very funny when I heard this story.

So its better to don't take Degh at any Gurdwara if you don't know that how Degh is prepared and whom has prepared it.

Guru Maharraj kirpa karaan.
It's shame that Patits are allowed everywhere, it is hard to find Guru Ka Langar now. The video seems like to show SOOJEE DA HALWA preparation oppose to what narrator says. This yellow colored HALWA is served in Langar not in Guru Darbaar.
Manvir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have just come across the video posted on
> YouTube about how Karhah Parshaad is made at Sri
> Harmandir Sahib. Its a very informative short
> documentary.
>
> VIDEO: Golden Temple Community Kitchen-Sustainable
> Living: Karhah Prashad
>
> Sadly, I was shocked to see that at 40 seconds a
> man who clearly cuts his beard and not wearing
> Bana is stirring the Karhah Parshaad mixture.
> Then at 2minutes 21 seconds it shows people with
> cut Kesh (monay) lift the bucket of Karhah
> Parshaad to take be used for distribution.
>
> It is very disheartening that our core
> institutions have compromised Maryada to this
> extent.

would be interested to know what the view of the SGPC is on this and singh sahib Akal Takht jathedar -?
would be interested to know what the view of the SGPC is on this and singh sahib Akal Takht jathedar -?

What answer you expect?

I recall an incident which took place more than three decades ago. SGPC brought up a resolution in General house meeting to use refined oil instead of Ghee to make Degh more economical. Luckily there were Talwara Jee and other Singhni Jee present, who condemned this move strongly. Sardaar Tohra Jee tried to make the case but finally agreed to continue using Desi Ghee.

But now seems like Degh Maryada is vanished altogether, what a sad state our great institutions are in!!!
that is very sad, i always thought at takhat sahib it was made with maryada sad smiley
The state of our Panth has really hit rock bottom. That is how it is now. In fact, the Punjab government is promoting langar seva in Darbar Sahib as a tourist activity for foreigners to do. Traditionally in Darbar Sahib even till the 90s only Amritdharis were allowed to do Langar Seva but no more. Maryadha is almost all finished. Not only is that guy a beard trimmer but he is also not wearing Suche clothing like Jeans.
[youtu.be]
[www.youtube.com]
Shame to see no guru ka langar in guru ramdas jees langar but this is definitely some soojee or besan halwaa for langar and not degh. I knew one degchi singh who does seva as daily duty for darbar sahib and he told me they only allow known nitnemi Singhs to prepare and it is prepared in some room around sachkhand parikarma not in regular langar area. Who knows how much of this is true, I did not see for my own eyes, but I took this Singhs word with positive intent at the time. Guru Sahib kirpa karan, Maryada sambhaali jaave
Sat Sri Akal Guru Pyareo Jio,
Hath jorr benti bhul chuk muaf that this pappi murakh posted video with no Gurfateh greetings, or explanation.
The video justifies that non-sikhs makes sarbloh just as non-Amritdharis now serving, cooking Karah Parsad.
But fact remains, following rehit makes us genuine Gems as mentioned in Gurbani...I do not doubt as I have tried and tested this Sach...and eagerly waiting to be blessed to take pesh so I can be fully blessed to ask Guru Gobind Singh Jio when is Khalsa Raj, takei all Singh Singhni Sipahi Soormey can be free, and Khalistan a reality!

Bhul chuk muaf

Vahiguroo
[www.youtube.com]

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ke Fateh.........................khalsa means pure.....as God is pure.

ਜਉ ਤਉ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਖੇਲਣ ਕਾ ਚਾਉ ॥

Jo Tho Praem Khaelan Kaa Chaao ||

If you desire to play this game of love with Me,

ਸਿਰੁ ਧਰਿ ਤਲੀ ਗਲੀ ਮੇਰੀ ਆਉ ॥

Sir Dhhar Thalee Galee Maeree Aao ||

Then step onto My Path with your head in hand.
I Just have one doubt here. Please clear this. I Agree that the Deg should be made with full Maryada but during the Ardaas we get it Parvaan in front of Guru Sahib . So what after that? Will we still skip that parvaan deg? Please help me figure out this as I am totally confused.
waheguroojikakhalsa
waheguroojikifatehjiii..

My whole family used to have degh and Langar at sri Harmandir Sahib Amritsar but my one brother Daya Singh never did...and I always used to say him..."eh guru Ramdaas ji da ghar hai, ethe chakkan nu ki hunda"...but he never did...actually I was not bibeki and used to have packed buiscuits an all...but now, with guru sahib's apaar kirpa drishti i have been blessed with Amrit di Daat again so as to start with a new life again ...nd panj pyaaras have strictly ordered me to keep bibek reht...nd guru shb app apni bachi ton reht rakhwa rhe ne..

Now I also agree that if u r in doubt then don't take degh or consume parshada...if it's not prepared with full maryada...bcoz i was told while amrit sanchaar time....k "eh sikhi khandiyan tikhi....kadam kadam te khatra hai.....so be carefull.."

This kaljugi world will never let u live with marayada..u have to be strong and fight with the world and ur man..

Bhul chuk lyi khima krna ji..

Waheguroojikakhalsa
Waheguroojikifatehjii...
waheguroojikakhalsa
waheguroojikifatehjiii..

Response to gagansingh541 jii..

When we have been given Hukam by Guru Sahib jii to only have roti beti di saanjh with a Gursikhs, then how come we expect that Guru sahib will parvaan the degh which is prepared by Non-Amritdhaaris, Patits or Khulla Chakkan wale..??..So if u have doubt that the deg or langar is not prepared by tyaar-bar-tyaar gursikhs...take it but don't consume it..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login