ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Romeo and Juliet

Posted by akaal74 
Romeo and Juliet
October 06, 2014 10:37AM
These days a new trend is becoming very prevalent among bana wearings sikhs.. Lot of people post their wedding and engagement photos on facebook posing like some hindi movie couples. Celebrating happy times in ones life is fine but how relevant is this trend in line with gurmat?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Romeo and Juliet
October 06, 2014 11:39AM
I find it annoying!!!
I mean, what are they trying to prove? We know you are married. We even attended your wedding. What are you trying to prove?
Oh wow! You're married! Big achievement! Bravo!
Should we give them some kind of khitaab now?
These kibds of malechh Sikhs are trying impersonate manmukh couples, how they pose in front of the camera.
These type of behavior just doesn't look good on a Gursikh.
October 06, 2014 11:56AM
Because they asked this hi-fi,wi-fi modren sikhi! grinning smiley
October 06, 2014 01:27PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 06, 2014 02:34PM
I think your question is wrong. The right question would be - is having facebook and making public your personal life as a whole inline with gurmat?
Let's stop the pakhand for once. Either facebook is allowed or it isn't in sikhi. If it is allowed then the whole point of facebook is to put up photos of your personal life etc.

How do you lot know what goes on in facebook? Why do you even have facebook in the first place?

The real question is if a gursikh should have facebook or not. Specifiying wedding/engagement photos in this and ignoring the concept of having things like facebook as a whole is a sign of jealousy, judgmental behaviour, bitterness.

I personally am not into facebook, but don't think it's a big deal if a gursikh wants one. There are bigger issues at the moment, particularly the situation of bujjer kurehit karams becoming common sight.
October 07, 2014 02:05AM
You are right Vivek ji about the question... But facebook is just a medium.. Actions of gursikhs should represent irrespective of the medium. Imagine same thing in a public place or a train...

Facebook is one tool. Lot of gursikhs are using it to spread message of sikhism, Khalsa nation and lot of relief work for the needy... We can't keep shutting ourselves from the world. key is to be in the world and at within boundaries.
October 13, 2014 01:52PM
ਇਹ ਰੋਮੀਓ ਤੇ ਜੁਲੀਅਟ ਬਨਣ ਦਾ ਭੂਤ ਨੌਜਵਾਨ ਕੀਰਤਨੀਆ ਤੇ ਤਬਲਚੀਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਹੀ ਿਕੳੁਂ ਚਿੜ੍ਹਅਾ ਹੈ!?
October 14, 2014 09:36AM
ਆਹੋ ਪੁਰਾਣਾ ਟਾਈਮ ਵਧਿਆ ਸੀ | ਹਸਬੈਂਡ-ਵਾਇਫ ਦੀ ਫੋਟੋ ਦੇਖ ਕੇ ਲੱਗਦਾ ਸੀ ਹੁਣੇ ਯੁੱਧ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਹਟਿਆ |
October 14, 2014 09:37AM
correction: ਵਧੀਆ ***
October 14, 2014 10:05AM
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

There are a LOT worse things going on in Facebook than legitimate (married couples) putting up wedding pictures. Sikhs - Sikhi Saroop and Amritdhari - dancing, partying, relationships and the like.

You always have the option to un-follow a person if this disturbs you, unless you are afraid that they would be mad at you and not be your friend. But then, if you are befriending such people on Facebook (or have Facebook accounts), you knew this is the type of stuff that would happen on there, correct? It's not Nitnem - you CAN stop checking Facebook and delete your account and choose not to accept (and also unfriend) friends on there.

It's choosing to make a Sangat - you can (and should) be very selective as to who is on your Facebook and it could potentially turn into a Gurmat oriented environment if their mutual interests are Gurbani, Sikh history or Gurmat.

Also, I am encouraging every parent to have a Facebook account and track their children on Facebook - it can serve as a completely secret life that the parents may not be aware of, filled with temptations and unscrupulous people willing and able to take advantage of their children. Many youth are susceptible to insecurities and feelings that they are willing to express on Facebook and others willing to take advantage of, and the parents would never suspect their child unless they were monitoring them. If you keep an eye on them in the physical world, you definitely need to keep an eye on them in the cyber world - the two could be completely separate personalities.
October 16, 2014 03:20AM
Singh_91 Veerjee, since there isn't a definitive answer on what should be done about this behaviour, or even if it is "anti-gurmat" or not well founded when comparing it to what Sri Satguroo Jee has taught us, it would be nice if you would treat this matter in a more civilised way rather than calling out gursikhs who do these kind of activities "Malechh". It's with great regret I've seen 6 people in my 2 years walking guru sahibs path leave sikhi simply because other gursikhs would impose rehat on them rather than trying to convince them lovingly of how to walk on sikhi. If this practise is deemed a "Paap" as such, we should, WITH LOVE, convince the misguided Sikhs not to indulge in these activities. Maharaj doesn't speak in a particular written language, rather maharaj speaks the language of love, and as such, gursikhs like yourself should speak to others and about others in the language of love, for if you don't, the staunch approach could lead to people leaving sikhi. Bhul Chuk Maafi if I have offended you veerjee, it was not my place to speak, but I feel I had to.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login