ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hirdaa, Naabh, Dasam Duar and Consciousness

Posted by eyesacademic 
In the book 'Anhad Shabad Dasam Duar' Bhai Sahib ji takes up the following lines:

ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਨਿਹਚਲੁ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਵਸੀਅਲੇ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਮੂਲੁ ਪਛਾਣਿ ਰਹੈ ॥
ਨਾਭਿ ਪਵਨੁ ਘਰਿ ਆਸਣਿ ਬੈਸੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਖੋਜਤ ਤਤੁ ਲਹੈ ॥
ਸੁ ਸਬਦੁ ਨਿਰੰਤਰਿ ਨਿਜ ਘਰਿ ਆਛੈ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਣ ਜੋਤਿ ਸੁ ਸਬਦਿ ਲਹੈ ॥
ਖਾਵੈ ਦੂਖ ਭੂਖ ਸਾਚੇ ਕੀ ਸਾਚੇ ਹੀ ਤ੍ਰਿਪਤਾਸਿ ਰਹੈ ॥
ਅਨਹਦ ਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜਾਣੀ ਬਿਰਲੋ ਕੋ ਅਰਥਾਵੈ ॥
ਨਾਨਕੁ ਆਖੈ ਸਚੁ ਸੁਭਾਖੈ ਸਚਿ ਰਪੈ ਰੰਗੁ ਕਬਹੂ ਨ ਜਾਵੈ ॥੬੫॥

And he explains these in this way (I have broken the paragraph into separate lines for the sake of discussion and clarity)

ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਨਿਹਚਲੁ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਵਸੀਅਲੇ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਮੂਲੁ ਪਛਾਣਿ ਰਹੈ ॥

ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਏ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਅਭਿਆਸ ਦਾ ਖੜਗ ਖੰਡਾ ਜਦੋਂ ਸੁਆਸ ਪ੍ਰਾਣ ਪਵਨੀ ਅਰਧ ਉਰਧੀ ਵੇਗ ਵਿਚ ਖੜਕਦਾ ਹੈ ਤਦੋਂ ਇਸ ਅਭਿਆਸ ਦੀ ਪਾਰਸਤਾ ਅਜ਼ਗੈਬੀ ਰਸ ਖੇੜਾ ਅੰਤਰਗਤਿ ਖਿੜਾਉਂਦੀ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਦਹਿਦਿਸ ਧਾਉਂਦਾ ਮਨ ਇਸ ਰਸ ਖੇੜੇ ਵਿਚ ਖਚਤ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਅੰਦਰ ਹੀ ਨਿਹਚਲ ਵਾਸਾ ਸਹਿਜ ਸੁਭਾਵ ਪਾ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ

So I take it to mean that as a result of Naam Abhyaas and its magical rub the mind start deriving divine pleasure out of it and as a result of this the mind gets completely absorbed into it. And since the 'Hirdaa' is the seat of emotions, it is here that the mind gets settled while deriving divine pleasure out of the Naam Abhyaas.
Note: About the latter half of the line: ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਮੂਲੁ ਪਛਾਣਿ ਰਹੈ , Bhai Sahib has already commented on it earlier in the text.

ਨਾਭਿ ਪਵਨੁ ਘਰਿ ਆਸਣਿ ਬੈਸੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਖੋਜਤ ਤਤੁ ਲਹੈ ॥

ਸ਼ਬਦ ਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਾਣਾ-ਜਾਪ ਪਵਨ ਰੂਪ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਨਾਭੀ ਅੰਦਰ ਰਸ ਰਮਨੀ ਠਹਿਰਾਓ ਉਭਾਰ ਕੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਘਰ ਰੂਪੀ ਆਸਣ ਅੰਦਰ ਹੀ ਅਸਥਿਤੀ ਪਾਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ | ਰਸ ਗੀਧਾ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਣ-ਬੀਧਾ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਮਨ ਤਾਂ ਨਾਭੀ ਅੰਦਰ ਹੀ ਇਕਠਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਦਸਮ ਦੁਆਰ ਨੂੰ ਜਾਇ ਗਮਨ ਕਰਦੀ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਇਸ ਬਿਧ ਖੋਜਦੇ ਖੋਜਦੇ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮ ਤੱਤ ਨੂੰ ਜਾਇ ਲਹਿੰਦੇ ਲਭਦੇ ਹਨ |

It seems here a next or higher stage of 'Praan-jaap' is being indicated. The jaap now transforms into a body-global Praan Jaap (ਸ਼ਬਦ ਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਾਣਾ-ਜਾਪ ਪਵਨ ਰੂਪ ਹੋ ਕੇ...). And in this stage the praan-jaap tranforms into a 'pawan' or vaayu and this pawan evokes a 'ras'; again a divine pleasure, I presume, in Naabhi or navel (ਨਾਭੀ ਅੰਦਰ ਰਸ ਰਮਨੀ ਠਹਿਰਾਓ ਉਭਾਰ ਕੇ...)
Now herein comes the confusion. Bhai Sahib says 'ਹਿਰਦੇ ਘਰ ਰੂਪੀ ਆਸਣ ਅੰਦਰ ਹੀ ਅਸਥਿਤੀ ਪਾਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ'. What does this mean? That the pran-jaap which transformed into a pawan/vaayu, evokes divine pleasure in Naabhi and then goes and resides in Hirday centre?

To double the confusion, Bhai Sahib next says: ਰਸ ਗੀਧਾ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਣ-ਬੀਧਾ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਮਨ ਤਾਂ ਨਾਭੀ ਅੰਦਰ ਹੀ ਇਕਠਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ
Earlier it was said that mind settles in Hirdaa. Now it is said that mind settles at Naabhi?

ਸੁ ਸਬਦੁ ਨਿਰੰਤਰਿ ਨਿਜ ਘਰਿ ਆਛੈ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਣ ਜੋਤਿ ਸੁ ਸਬਦਿ ਲਹੈ ॥

ਸੋ ਸ਼ਬਦ, ਇਸ ਬਿਧ ਕਮਾਇਆ ਹੋਇਆ ਸ਼ਬਦ, ਆਪਣੇ ਨਿਜ ਘਰ ਦਸਮ ਦੁਆਰ ਅੰਤਰ ਰਹਿ ਕੇ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਣ ਜੋਤਿ ਦਾ ਤੱਤ ਲਖਤਾ ਬਣਾਉਣ ਨੂੰ ਸਮਰਥ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ

So does this mean that mind settles at hirdaa centre while Naam stays in Dasam Duar?

Please share your understanding of Bhai Sahib's vyakhya.
Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook

To double the confusion, Bhai Sahib next says: ਰਸ ਗੀਧਾ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਣ-ਬੀਧਾ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਮਨ ਤਾਂ ਨਾਭੀ ਅੰਦਰ ਹੀ ਇਕਠਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ
Earlier it was said that mind settles in Hirdaa. Now it is said that mind settles at Naabhi?

Hirda is ten fingers above Naabhi. In normal language Hirda and ਮਨ are considered the same but in Gurmat mystical world, Hirda is a place just above the Naabhi. When the Kanwal which is lying upside-down, becomes straight, then the Jyot i.e. Charan Kamal of Vaheguru jee appear over there. At this time the ਮਨ settles in this area i.e. in the Hirda or in the Naabh Kanwal.

ਸੋ ਸ਼ਬਦ, ਇਸ ਬਿਧ ਕਮਾਇਆ ਹੋਇਆ ਸ਼ਬਦ, ਆਪਣੇ ਨਿਜ ਘਰ ਦਸਮ ਦੁਆਰ ਅੰਤਰ ਰਹਿ ਕੇ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਣ ਜੋਤਿ ਦਾ ਤੱਤ ਲਖਤਾ ਬਣਾਉਣ ਨੂੰ ਸਮਰਥ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ

So does this mean that mind settles at hirdaa centre while Naam stays in Dasam Duar?

The Jyot Roopi Shabad resides in Sachkhand and in the Dasam Duaar which is the Duaara from where one can have remote access to Sachkhand. Once one reaches this stage of finding Shabad in Dasam Duaar i.e. once one discovers Dasam Duaar, then one is able to see Jyot in Tribhavan i.e. everywhere.

It's futile to discuss such lofty principles of Gurmat Rahasaad. It's best to do Kamaaee and experience all this. Guru Sahib Kirpa karan.

Kulbir Singh
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hirda is ten fingers above Naabhi. In normal
> language Hirda and ਮਨ are considered the same
> but in Gurmat mystical world, Hirda is a place
> just above the Naabhi. When the Kanwal which is
> lying upside-down, becomes straight, then the Jyot
> i.e. Charan Kamal of Vaheguru jee appear over
> there. At this time the ਮਨ settles in this
> area i.e. in the Hirda or in the Naabh Kanwal.

Bhai Kulbir Singh jeeo -- where did u get this info of hirdaa is ten fingers above naabha please???

>
> ਸੋ ਸ਼ਬਦ, ਇਸ ਬਿਧ ਕਮਾਇਆ
> ਹੋਇਆ ਸ਼ਬਦ, ਆਪਣੇ ਨਿਜ
> ਘਰ ਦਸਮ ਦੁਆਰ ਅੰਤਰ
> ਰਹਿ ਕੇ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਣ
> ਜੋਤਿ ਦਾ ਤੱਤ ਲਖਤਾ
> ਬਣਾਉਣ ਨੂੰ ਸਮਰਥ ਹੋ
> ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ
>
> So does this mean that mind settles at hirdaa
> centre while Naam stays in Dasam Duar?
>
> The Jyot Roopi Shabad resides in Sachkhand and in
> the Dasam Duaar which is the Duaara from where one
> can have remote access to Sachkhand. Once one
> reaches this stage of finding Shabad in Dasam
> Duaar i.e. once one discovers Dasam Duaar, then
> one is able to see Jyot in Tribhavan i.e.
> everywhere.
>
> It's futile to discuss such lofty principles of
> Gurmat Rahasaad. It's best to do Kamaaee and
> experience all this. Guru Sahib Kirpa karan.
>

I disagree it's futile - may be you should rephrase that surely if one is asking then one may be interested why the hell would it be futile? how do you know if one is asking they one day may do enough kamai to reach that stage or improve from their current situation?

Futile i agree is only if one has experienced it and discusses it - and mostly people who do don't discuss it either. But to progress there is no harm in discussing at all.
Futile in the sense that we should work towards experiencing this mystical experience. In order to experience this Avastha, we will have to follow Gurmat to the fullest. Discussing this mystical experience will not bring the Avastha. It's a matter of experiencing and not discussing. Gurmat Rahasvaad (mysticism) is not the subject of intelligence. This is why the questions came in the mind of the original reader. At one place Bhai Sahib wrote that mind is in the Hirda and at another place wrote that it is in the Naabhi area. The truth of the matter is that the Mind (mann) not only stays at Naabhi but also goes to Hirda and also rises up the Dasam Duaar (read the whole book). This is the subject of experiencing and not of Buddhi (intelligence). Just my personal thoughts; no one needs to agree with these views.

Kulbir Singh
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Futile in the sense that we should work towards
> experiencing this mystical experience. In order
> to experience this Avastha, we will have to follow
> Gurmat to the fullest. Discussing this mystical
> experience will not bring the Avastha. It's a
> matter of experiencing and not discussing.

May be i got my wires twisted it happens a lot spinning smiley sticking its tongue out - discussing it will enable someone to start somewhere at a bare minimum or begin to understand what Gursikhs who attained it their jeevanies lifestyle and read more about them, we all know too well it will not bring avastha.

Gurmat
> Rahasvaad (mysticism) is not the subject of
> intelligence.

i agree

This is why the questions came in
> the mind of the original reader. At one place
> Bhai Sahib wrote that mind is in the Hirda and at
> another place wrote that it is in the Naabhi area.
> The truth of the matter is that the Mind (mann)
> not only stays at Naabhi but also goes to Hirda
> and also rises up the Dasam Duaar (read the whole
> book). This is the subject of experiencing and
> not of Buddhi (intelligence). Just my personal
> thoughts; no one needs to agree with these views.
>
No problem Bhai sahib jee I'm still interested to know where did u get this info of hirdaa is ten fingers above naabha please??? please do enlighten
Anonymous User
Re: Hirdaa, Naabh, Dasam Duar and Consciousness
July 26, 2014 04:18PM
RESPECTED VEER JI, once your journey starts all these questions will go away. Well what Kulbir Singh ji said makes sense but mind is anxious. As kamyee only happen with guru kirpa........also when simran/baani starts to do asar... simran starts upwards........it is very hard to control or keep quiet....ajapa jap starts..... your body becomes scented by Gods khasboo......as God is beautiful/khasboo/jyot sarup........forgive me.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login