ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Swimming and rehat

Posted by akaal74 
Swimming and rehat
July 15, 2014 07:49AM
Daas has been advised by an orthopaedic surgeon to start swimming to reduce weight and tone up back muscles. As he has identified some specific spinal injury issue I have been advised againt any other form of exercise including walking.

Daas would like to get views of gursikhs on the forum about how can we ensure rehat while taking swimming lessons.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Swimming and rehat
July 15, 2014 10:25AM
For swimming, it’s easier to tie a bunga with your keski, but the material will absorb water hence your head might feel slightly heavier. And yea, I tie a 2nd keski around the waist incase the 1st separates the body.

Wear a smaller 7inch & tie the gatra tightly around the waist. And wear a swim shirt over your upper body.

What has your physician said about cycling at the gym?
Its a cardio and it helps in burning fat.
Also, if you do the same exercise all the time, you may lose weight initially but then the progress declines because the body 'adapts' to the activity.
Compound exercises is the way to fo.

Loosing weight requires focus on 2 areas.
Exercise (weight training+cardio) and carefully planned diet. (no, you do not have to starve yourself!)
let me know what is your diet like maybe I can make recomendation.
As a start delete sugar and rice from your diet totally.
July 16, 2014 02:23AM
Thanks you for replying. I visited one of the so called 'best' pools in our neighbourhood and after seeing it I don't think I can go swimming in these public pools. Not a pleasant site with all the people around you.
July 16, 2014 09:27AM
Can you do squats and pushups? but those are also very good in addition to swimming.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login