ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Power of Khalsa - A downward Trend

Posted by Vista 
Power of Khalsa - A downward Trend
October 15, 2010 07:03AM
An Old Write Up from Re: 1947 Rawalpindi Shaheedis post.

Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee after witnessing the riots of 1947 openly stated that this was the first time that the Sikh women were taken away by aggressors and raped and killed. He writes that Sikh bibiyaan in olden days were fully equiped with weapons and were fully trained. He said that seldom did Sikh bibiyaan get caught by Muslims and the ones who did get caught did not let anyone touch their body and nor did Muslims dare to do so. Those bibiyaan had shakti of baani and Naam.

Nevertheless, the bibiyaan who gave up their lives in Rawalpindi still had self-respect, though they lacked martial arts. Imagine if these bibiyaan who had no hesitation to die, were experts in martial arts. They would have crushed the Muslims.

THE PLIGHT OF SIKH BIBIYAAN - COMPARISON OF RIOTS IN 1984 AND 1947

By 1947 the majority Sikh bibiyaan lost their martial arts but not their courage and self-respect. Specially the bibiyaan from Rawalpindi took extreme measures to save their honour. They burned alive but did not let Muslims touch their bodies.

The striking thing is that the descendents of same bibiyaan of Rawalpindi, who settled in Delhi and Kanpur could not show the same level of urgency and sacrifice to save their honour in 1984 anti-Sikh riots, that bibiyaan of 1947 did. We don't hear too many stories of women dying to save their honour or fighting back. The bibiyaan who died in 1947 were probably their grandmothers or aunts. But the bibiyaan of 1984 could not do what the bibiyaan of 1947 did and the bibiyaan of 1947 could not do what the bibiyaan of the 18th century did. Don't you see a trend here? A downward trend.

What is missing? Is it not our duty to analyze these things and find a reason for this loss of pride?

It first started with the Sikhs giving up the main rehit that brought the equality and martial spirit in bibiyaan. Bibiyaan gave up dastaar. Rawalpindi or Pothohaar area was a centre of Sikhi and Sikh bibiyaan there were known for their valour. You can imagine that bibiyaan that can burn in fire to save their honour, could have cut the enemies to pieces, if they had the martial arts that ancient bibiyaan did.

Bibiyaan gave up dastaar and their men found it better to have their women dressed up with ornaments and other shingaars as the women of Muslims and Hindus did. This is what caused this downward trend.

In the struggle for independance for Sikhs in the 1980s, we see very few examples of Sikh bibiyaan fighting for the Sikh cause. We don't have to examine these events too profoundly to conclude that there is definitely a downward trend as far as Sikh bibiyaan are concerned.

I am not saying that the Sikh bibiyaan are to be blamed for this. The blame lies in the whole Sikh Panth, who are not keeping our Sikh bibiyaan at the same level as their ancestors. While the Sikh bibiyaan may have found some so called freedom as in the sense of cancerous Western thought but they have definitely lost the kind of equal partnership that our ascendents had.

This clearly shows a trend. The trend is downwards. KHALSA JEE, DO SOMETHING. SABH MUKDEE CHALEE RAYEN.

SIKH MEN

Can you imagine Singhs of 18th century getting dragged by their hair by Hindus and the Sikhs unable to fight back? Such scenes were very rare but Saadh Sangat jeeo, this happened couple of years ago in Hemkunt Sahib. Sikh men were dragged by their hair and beaten mercilessly. A Singh who is armed and fully trained in martial arts together with the power of ,Paath, Naam Simran, Bibek can never suffer such consequences.

I am not saying that such singh would not be attacked. He could get attacked but such singh would die before letting them touch his hair. Even when caught, he would die with honour and not get beaten up as our Sikh veers did. If he does suffer such fate, it would shake the world. Just look at the shaheedis of 1978 shahids. Their shahidi woke up the Panth. That is because these singhs had a jeevan - a spiritual jeevan.

We need to get back to our roots. What is missing from our jeevan as compared to our ancestors? Let this daas try to list some of the things that we are missing in our jeevan today:

1) Amritvela Naam Abhyaas is missing in Sikhs today as compared to Singhs of olden days.

2) Heavy Gurbani Paath is missing in Sikhs today as compared to the Singhs of olden days.

3) Strict adherence to Dastaar is missing in Sikhs today.

4) Many so called Sikhs do be-adbi i.e. removal of hair from their body.

5) Bibiyaan have virtually given up the most important rehit i.e. Dastaar. Along with Dastaar their Chardi Kala is lost too. A low-kala bibi would give birth to a low-Kala child and what Sikhi is she going to teach her child, since she herself is lost as far as Sikhi is concerned?

6) Sikhs have given up their recipe to become niyaara (distinct). They have given up SARBLOH BIBEK. Now they are eating from anyone. They don't care if the person smokes or drinks, or whether the person has honest earnings, whether the person does paath, whether the person is a kurahitiya.

All they care now a days is tasty delicious food. They don't realize that this food that seems delicious to them today is going to result in diseases later on. It is this food that is not letting the Sikhs do Naam Abhyaas and Paath. Our mind gets affected by the kind of food we eat. The Sikhs today trust science and their manmat logic more than the hukams of Gurbani and the traditions of Sikhs of olden days. Rather than supporting Singhs who keep Sarbloh Bibek, they chide them and slander them. Go on slandering and belittling rehit. This is why apni quom juttiyaan kha rahi hai.

7) The biggest mistake the Sikhs have made today is that they have given up their Guru and not only given up their Guru but they have done tukde tukde (pieces pieces) of their Guru. These pseudo Sikhs believe that doing pieces of Guru means only doing pieces of paper and binding of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee. They fail to realize that cutting to pieces of the flow of baani is also doing pieces of Guru.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
wow i'm glad i read this, big time.

I have a question about food though. Okay I understand the food concept. I have heard that the person who makes food, their thoughts also go into the food they prepare. I am not sure of how this happens....

But I am sure, that the food which is prepared remembering Our Lord, and then when it is offered to The Lord, is surely pure and blessed, hence it is the better sustainer of our souls, minds and bodies. I suppose that is an enough valid reason for me to keep bibek.

...okay now coming back to my question that I have, I often like to drink Vitamin water, it's something I need straight after I wake up. It wouldn't be breaking the sarbloh bibek consuming that or would it be??? It's probably the same thing as using the oil/butter that we would use to cook the food ourselves right?.....

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question...but any views?

Thank you guys.
great inspirational post with lot of meaning regarding the comparison of puratan singhs with naveen singhs

earlier the singhs used to be very innocent (bhole) , they accept each and every hukam of guru sahibh as a sword on their heads

i remember one sakhi , once bapu aatma singh ji (panjokhra) were asked by someone that what is the logic that why singhs wear two dastars, bapu aatma singh ji replied innocently bhai i dont know of any logic but this is the hukam of my guru. the person replied whatever would be the hukam of your guru will you always be ready to accept that, hearing this bapu ji replied of course , not only two dastars but also if our guru will hukam us to do two joodaas on each side,left and right on the head , will would be ready to accept that happilly

Daas khimaa daa jaachak hai
I have to say this.

I thought about the things written in the article above and there are some things I really feel like pointing out.

You have to realise that this Kaljug, the age of darkness. Back in the days, like late 1947, times were different. I'm sure people then, not just the women, but men too, must have been straight forward, simple people. Now it isn't so like that.

I must say, you know, if a woman who isn't a practicing sikh came onto this site and read the article above, she wouldn't feel too encouraged about becoming more religous/holy by reading the words in it. I mean, it's pretty harsh language I would say. I don't think anyone would feel influenced to do something if it is enforced upon them in a way which isn't soft.

You have to be sweet to someone to get them to do something. You can't force anybody to become religous by telling them how pathetic they are by calling them 'LOW KALA'. Come on, where is the respect for women in that statement? It was our very Guru Nanak, who said why call a woman bad when she gives birth to kings????.....

And please...I have seen women wearing dastars and how they have behaved at times. It was quite disgusting. So ya, I don't agree with the low-kala word.

And another thing, what about women who are religous but there children aren't??????
What about women who aren't very religous, yet their children are ???????

What about the Demon Harnikasipu, whose son was Prahlad, who was very religous and much revered???????

Holiness cannot be 'passed' through genes. The Lord's worship is not given to every body. Not every one is blessed in that sense.

I feel like a part of this post was written by someone who was slandered quite a bit by someone who didn't keep sarbloh bibek and the person who wrote it did. eye rolling smiley I personally feel this kind of slander shouldn't affect a singh who keeps sarbloh bibek. After all slander is a good thing in a way, because yes we all know it, when a person slanders the other, they wash the other persons sins. ...Ninda hoye tah vaikunth jaeeah.... There are bound to be troubles in the path of a someone who is truly religous/Godly. There will surely be opposition at some stage...Deal with it.

Sikhs do not just care about tasty food, cmon!!!! It's not like people who keep sarbloh bibek don't make tasty food themself to eat?!!!

I feel there a lot of negativity in the article. Some points are okay.
Sorry I keep coming back to write more about this.

Okay well my parents weren't amritdari, I am. Everytime I have fallen sick in the past, my father would make food I like especially just for me. I have eaten the food he has made for me, I cannot say to him, sorry Dad I can't eat the food you cook since you're not amritdari. It would break his heart. I remember seeing his eyes, when I would tell him that I would eat it later (which I would ofcourse), when I would be mad at him and he would look upset on hearing that too.

I remember going to canada and I was at someone's house, (amritdari sikhs) and I had dinner at their house (ofcourse I was offered and I accepted) and then I was sitting in their kitchen and the Aunty ji there, passed a comment to me saying "you eat from people's houses" and I was like ***Admin Cut for obscenity***. I mean who speaks to a guest like that?? And the husband said to me we were only doing sewa, yeah is this how you are supposed to make a person feel, when you do sewa?!??! I know that I am not ever ever going to eat from there house again now, even if they are gursikhs.

So tell me who is better to eat from? Somebody who isn't amritdari yet makes food for me with love? Or somebody who is amritdari, who offers food to me once or twice and then later on passes comments like the one stated above??? I would rather eat from the person in scenario A.

Oh and even if I do decide not to eat the food my non-amritdari father or any other family member makes for me, what about my FATHER'S MONEY that the food is BOUGHT with?????
Or what about the ROOF my father has given me with his money???? Or what about the CAR, or the CLOTHES he has given me???????......I would be on the streets if I thought like that.

Wanna tell me WHICH amritdari IS going to PROVIDE all these things for me if I leave my fathers house if I begin to think my father's not amritdari and I am so I shouldn't eat the food he makes or accept the things he provides me. ANSWER= NO AMRITDARI! Nobody will provide for you other than you own parents, they are second to God you know.

And think about it deeply, RIZK (food) that we eat is written in our kismat to eat it. I personally feel very strongly that God has put our name on the tiny droplet of water too that we are going to consume.

Peace out.
Leafy jee, I agree that some people can be persuaded with love and that this should always be tried first, but others are just so ignorant and stubborn until someone gives them a good beating (verbal and/or physical) they just do not learn. I personally am strongly in agreement with the above article and do not disagree a great deal on any part of it.

No one has been insulted by calling them low-kala directly, it's just an example. Also I don't believe it is derogatory to women either. It's probably not the fault of the woman without Dastars, but more the fault of tendikalaa so called "Singhs" of the recent past and present who prefer Kaurs not to wear Dastaars for whatever reason (lustful or otherwise) and have therefore allowed Amrit Sanchars to take place without Dastaar being 100% mandatory and required. By wearing Dastaar one is not automatically made a good Gursikh, but there cannot be compromise on required external appearance.

Also I agree with you that Sikhi cannot be passed through family automatically, even if we look at our own Guru's children and family members, Baba Sri Chand, Baba Prithi Chand, Baba Ram Rai etc we realise that Sikhi is not to do with parents, but previous karams, but this is not an excuse not to put effort in in teaching children Sikhi values, they should at least be taught and then it is up them and the Guru Jee if they will be blessed with Sikhi.

I also agree with your last point that some Bibeki Gursikhs are indulging their tastebuds in all types of treats, even if they are made in Sarabloh. I find this is quite ridiculous and laughable and they should learn to control their tastebuds and eat to sustain body and health purposes only.

I also agree with your last point that some Bibeki Gursikhs are indulging their tastebuds in all types of treats, even if they are made in Sarabloh. I find this is quite ridiculous and laughable and they should learn to control their tastebuds and eat to sustain body and health purposes only.

ahaha..true, i remember leaving a 90% of a huge jalebi uneaten and and the guy taking the bata from me looked at me with this blank facial expression, as if he was saying to me with his gaze 'How dare you leave this, i made it and you're wasting it, how dare you! ..loltongue sticking out smiley it was just funny.

So tell me who is better to eat from? Somebody who isn't amritdari yet makes food for me with love? Or somebody who is amritdari, who offers food to me once or twice and then later on passes comments like the one stated above??? I would rather eat from the person in scenario A.

There is no pressing need for a Gursikh to choose one of the options stated above. A Gursikh who keeps Bibek, keeps it out of love for Guru Sahib since Bibek is Hukam of Guru Sahib. The bottomline is that a Gursikhs should eat food that is prepared in accordance to Gurmat.

Leafy jee, what if some person offers you food like meat, eggs etc. with love; would you accept it just because it's offered with love? This is not an impossible scenario because it has happened in my life. When I was blessed with Amrit, about 2 decades ago, sister of my Pakistani friend, with lot of love offered me food that contained meat. When I did not eat it, since it had meat, she was taken aback, because before that, I used to love eating from her hands. She was definitely hurt because she considered me her younger brother. But, Guru Sahib and Gursikhi must take precedence in our lives. Such questions as to whether food by non-Amritdhari with love is better than food offered by Amritdhari with less love, are irrelevant for a Gursikh. The food must meet Gurmat standards to be eatable for a Gursikh.

Leafy jeeo, no one is forcing anyone to keep Bibek. It is up to the individual as to how much Rehit an individual is going to keep. An individual who does not keep important Rehits should not force others to accept him or her as Tyaar Bar Tyaar Khalsa. Tyaar bar Tyaar Khalsa is one who strives to keep all Rehit of Guru Sahib and at least keeps bare minimum Rehit e.g. abstaining from Bajjar Kurehits, Punj Kakaari Rehit, Basic Nitnem, Daswandh, and Bibek etc.

Kulbir Singh
LMAO. First of off all nobody has and is going to offer me meat of eggs or alcohol. People are able to tell from my appearance that I must follow some restrictions, they would ask me, ....'are you allowed to.... something something ...?' and if they do, I would just tell them straight, I don't consume that. And if they have any brains, they shouldn't be taken aback or become upset.

I wouldn't accept food or anything from somebody who I know does things which I find very wrong... know what I mean. Most of time I am so busy I don't have time to be offered any food. I take care of it myself, that's what I prefer.

Lol, I would like to keep bibek. I started to long time ago, but didn't have all the stuff I needed to keep it. I will begin soon. My main reason for keeping bibek is that I would be praying while making food and then offer it to Guru Sahib and then eat it. Hence I would be able to pray just a teeny weeny bit more than usual. Maybe it will increas the love for meditation in my heart more.
in my opinion we should concentrate on the initial post, as it's an important topic. keep it up "vista" ji
After reading the awful news of the so called "Singh" taxi driver. It is such a shame how the Khalsa is going to Downtrends.
I got reminded of this post by Bh Kulbir Singh jee.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login