ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wake up

Posted by Mehtab Singh 
wake up
February 13, 2013 01:46PM
I posted this on another forum, but today after a few months wanted to share this over here too. Please forgive me if these words sound too harsh, as they are only mine. And please correct me wherever I am wrong or not in accordance with Gurmat/Gurbani. I am sharing it here now because once again all those emotions have been fired up.

Part 1

The biggest problem with us is that we think others are like us too. Wake up Khalsa jee, others are NOT like us. We have a Pooran SatGuru who gave us character, who taught us to be just even in times of strife. Can the others look up their history and say the same about those they worship? Wake up, don't expect others to have your level of deen-imaan, your kind of integrity, your type of Khalsaaee kadar-keemat. We have our Gurdev Pita jee Sahib-E-Kamaal Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj, the one and only personality on this planet who did bhagti in bir rass. Anyone else qualifies? NO! Wake up, no one else has the sense of belonging the way we do, we belong only to our Gurdev Pita jee. Who do others belong to? Whose tokens of love do they carry the way we carry our kakaars? We are blessed with a saroop because we carry a responsibility. Does anyone else qualify? NO! Wake up! Stop trusting just about anyone because they are nice from time to time. Stop expecting others to be the way you are because you are a different breed since you are to abide by a mandatory norm. When Dasmesh Pita jee said that Khalsa is to stay niyaara, it also means that no one else is like the Khalsa. No one else has the kind of character that Khalsa has, no one else has deen-imaan, kadar-keemat the way Khalsa does, no one else has a satkaarjog saroop that Khalsa has. All these people around you are under NO obligation to be the best human beings, but you blessed Khalsas will have the sweet burden of that Guru-given duty on your head till you die. Wake up! Love all, trust a few, but have no expectations from anyone Khalsa jee, because Khalsa lives a life of commitment to our SatGuru Patshah jee, others tend to live a life they at times find aimless and can't define even themselves. Wake up! There is way we are expected to live in society, and that was given to us by our param pyaare SatGuru Patshah jee long before these man-made handwritten laws were created or implemented. I am not asking you to look down upon anyone, or to hate anyone, or to dislike anyone, or to degrade or put anyone down. I am only begging you to please be niyaare in every aspect of your lifestyle. And I am only rebuking myself to stand up and be who and what I am, NOT who and what the world wants to see me as.

- Mehtab Singh
Nov. 8th, 2012

Part 2

Khalsa jee, why do some hateful and stupid people have a problem with Sikhs being proud of their history? Because they themselves are nigurey who do NOT have ANY spiritual inclination and in fact have a shameful history full of deception stories and tales of trickery which they obviously cannot boast about. These people will NEVER understand the glory of Shaheedi. They cannot understand how can someone sit on a red hot iron plate and recite Sri Sukhmani Sahib, they will NOT understand how can 40 Singhs fight against 1 million, they will NOT understand how 2 little children embraced martyrdom by being bricked alive, they will NOT understand or even agree that someone could sacrifice one's life for another religion, they will NOT understand how can someone fight a battle with his own severed head on one of his own hands, they will NOT understand how can someone get himself cut joint-by-joint with a smile, they will NOT understand how can someone become Shaheed on charkhariyaan, they will NOT understand how can someone get their scalp removed and then be proud that his Sikhi remained intact, they will NOT understand how someone can recite Sri Japji Sahib while getting himself sawn into two halves, they will NOT understand how can someone get himself boiled like a vegetable yet continue to recite the name of Vaaheguroo, they will NOT understand how can mothers get the limbs of their kids put around their necks as a garland and still thank Vaaheguroo. WHY? Because they themselves do NOT have such a history. They do NOT have ANY such role models to look upto. They do NOT have ANY Shaheeds watching over them who they have to show their face to and be accountable.

Stay niyaare Khalsa jee! Stay unique and distinct! Do Sangat of Gurmukh piyaare who love Guru Sahib, His Bani, and Gurmat. Ignore those decayed minds who under the ugly garb of their own so-called “scientific reasoning” question and mock the Shaheediyaan of our Shaheeds. They do NOT have ANY of the bounties we do. We have the kurbaaniyaan of our Shaheeds in front of us to emulate, they do NOT have anything of this sort. We have the jeevan of our Sants who taught us how to live, they do NOT have anything of this sort. We have the jeevan of our Sipahis who taught us how to die, they do NOT have anything of this sort. We had a flag, a banner, a nation, a national anthem ages before their countries of today even had a name or even a map! And last but not at all the least Khalsa jee, WE HAVE A HISTORY WRITTEN IN THE BLOOD OF OUR SHAHEEDS, THEY MOST DEFINITELY DO NOT!!!!!

Love all, trust a few, but recognize the fact that you have something priceless that you SHOULD value, ALWAYS! Do NOT look down upon anyone, do NOT to hate anyone, do NOT dislike anyone, do NOT degrade or put anyone down. But Khalsa jee, be proud of your history, be proud of your Shaheeds, try your best to live upto those expectations they had from you. Because remember, you DO play a major role on this planet. You are a Sikh, S.I.K.H. S stands for Shahadat, Shaheedi, a Sikh’s aim, I stands for ibaadat, bandagi, a Sikh’s lifestyle, K stands for Khidmat, seva, a Sikh’s duty, and H for Hifaazat, protection of the weak, a Sikh’s responsibility. Yes, you ARE the niyaaraa Khalsa of Dasmesh Pita!!!

Mehtab Singh
Nov. 12, 2012

Part 3

je Indira Gandhi Hindu si, te Gurbachna Narkdhari ki si? je Wazir Khan Musalmaan si, te Narainu Mahant ki si? je Jagdish Tytler Hindu aa, te KPS Gill ki aa? je Sajjan Kumar Hindu aa, te Gen. Brar ki aa? je Abdali Musalmaan si, te Longowal ki si? je HKL Bhagat Hindu si, te Zail Singh ki si? je Gobind Ram Hindu si, te Ajit Poohla ki si? je Rajiv Gandhi Hindu si, te Manmohan Singh ki aa?

hai koi jawaab kisi de kol?

eh 2-dhaari talwar da ki faida? jad jee keeta jihnu marji Hindu ya Musalmaan keh ke nind dena, te jad apni vaari aave te jihnu marji Sikh mannan ton inkaari ho jaana? ik passe ghair-Sikh virodhiyaan nu asi dusht te vairi keh dinne aa, te dastaar daari panj kakaaraan vaale gaddaaraan nu Sikh kyon nai mann'de? kee kaaran hai ki asi har ghair-Sikh qaum de naam nu ikk laanat bana leya hai, te "Sikh" nu ikk status symbol? enni sharm aun lappi sach nu kabool karn velle?

kinne ne ajj jo baal nai katt'de? kinne ne ajj jo nashe nai peende, sharaab nai peende, tambaaku nai phookde? kinne ne ajj jo dheeyaan da katal nai karde? kinne ne ajj jo jaataan paataan ch aap fasse hoye ne par qaum de har dukh da iljaam ohna de ser paayi jande jihna ne jaat paat shuru keeti si? matlab ki miththaa vi khaayi jaana, te jad seht khraab hogi te iljaam halwaayi te mathe maar dena?

jotshiyaan kol tusi jaana, dhaage taveej tusi poune, devi devteyaan kol ser pittan tusi jaana, mothi vaali mundriyaan tusi unglaan te sajounia, kannaan ch baaliyaan tusi paa leiyaan, boothee te ustra tusi ferna shuru karta, te janta dandh kadd'ke sanu puchhdi aa "yaar tu te kehnda si Sikhi ch ih sab manaa aa?"

badi sharam aundi aa jad koi ghair-Sikh sadde itihaas te Gurmat/Gurbani diyaan doongiyaan gallaan sunn ke baagh-baagh ho janda, te daari-dastaar de ghar jammi aulaad ne soun khaadi aa ki asi es itihaas/Gurmat/Gurbani nu bina question keete brush nai karna!

oye, apna majaak na banaao! lokkaan kol vese vi jokes di koi ghaat nai, ohna nu real life examples deke apni qaum nu laantaan na pavaao, apne Panth nu ikk stand up comedy na darsaao!

Mehtab Singh
Dec. 17, 2012

Part 4

No one else is like you, which is why you were made to look in a particular way. The Creator didn't make anyone else with the same kind of eyes, or lips, or ears, or hair, or fingerprints as yours ever before. Everything you got was solely made for you in the most unique and distinct manner. Same goes for your brain, heart, mind and soul as well. This is what shapes your thoughts, opinions, viewpoints, and this is what forms your character and attitudes. None of this is in any way similar to anyone else. The sooner you realize this, the better. The sooner you discover this, the faster you can rid yourself from all sorts of frustrations and depressions. Consider yourself totally different from everyone else. No, not higher, because that’s arrogance, that’s not who/what you are. And no, not lower either, because that’s self-degrading, you're better than that. Whether he/she is related to you by blood, or by religion, or by race, or by ethnicity, or by nationality, or by community, or by any other demographic division, NO other person on this planet is like you. Just know that you ARE different from every single person around you, and enjoy your distinctness and uniqueness. Do NOT expect, or hope, or wish, or even wait for anyone else to be like you in ANY manner or form. They can't be you, and you don't need to be them. Stop expecting and enjoy the variations set up by the Creator Himself.

Mehtab Singh
Jan. 15, 2013

Thanks for reading.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: wake up
February 14, 2013 12:27PM
I like it and like it a lot especially these words

"Do NOT expect, or hope, or wish, or even wait for anyone else to be like you in ANY manner or form. They can't be you, and you don't need to be them. Stop expecting and enjoy the variations set up by the Creator Himself."
February 14, 2013 06:07PM

kaun kehnda asi extremist nai? kaun kehnda asi abnormal nai? asi bilkul 100% extremist vi hege aa te abnormal vi! Banaun vaale Maalik ne sadde jeha naa te koi hor extremist bnaaya aa, te naa abnormal. Jado Singh ne nirna kar leya ki shaanti bnaaye rakhni aa, fer bhaave band band vi katt deyo, ohne seeh nai karni. Oh es extreme julm da saamna vi extreme shaanti naal karda hai. Je eh extremism hai te Sikh extremist hai, Rabb har Sikh nu ehjea extremist bnaave. Jado Singh ne nirna kar leya ki judh karna hai, fer bhaave ser vi lath jaave, oh apna ser tali te rakh ke judh karda hai te sago maut nu ohda intjaar karna penda hai. Rabb har Sikh nu ehjea vi extremist bnaave ko apna maqsad poora keete bina maut vargi extreme shai nu vi intjaar karounda hai. Kee khopri lahaa laini normal hai? Kee charkhaddiyaan te chaddna normal hai? Asi ohna Rabbi deevaaneyaan de vaaris haan, jihna ne duniya nu ehje abnormal ishq di misaal vikhaayi si. Kee apne nikke jehe bachheyaan de tottay kra laine normal hai? Asi ohna maataavaan de karjaee haan, jihna ne apni akhi apne laalaan nu jaalimaan de hatho Shaheed hunde vekheya. Kee oh maataavaan normal si? Ajj kal lokki sanu gallaan karde ne, ki extreme of anything is bad. Ehna nu mai puchhna chounna, ki 33 crore devi devte tuhanu extreme nai lagde? Ehna nu koi puchhe, ki 68 teerath asthaan ehna nu extreme nai lagde? Kee inne devi devteya di pooja, inne teerath asthana de darshan ehna nu extreme nai lagde? Svair ton laike shaam tak saara dinn bhukhe rehna, te oh vi ikk poora meehna, eh nai kisi nu extreme lagda? Jammde niyaane di sunnat kar deni, eh nai kisi nu extreme lagda? Eh sab nai abnormal? Sadda sidaq dekh ke cheekaa maaran vaaleya nu pehlaan ehna saare swalaan da jwaab dena pena. Sanu ajj kal samjhoun di koshish keeti jandi hai, ki bhauta Sikhi diyaan gallaan karna abnormal hunda. Te fer menu dass deyo tuhada normal ki hunda? Film stars di gallaan karniya, jo tuhanu vekh ke tuhade te thukkde vi nai? Ja cricketers diya gallaan karniya jo tuhanu ikk saddeya hoya autograph den velle boothee jehi bna lende? Eh normal hai? Ki hai normal? Je asi apne Gurmukh Sant, Gurmukh Bhagat, Gurmukh Shaheedaan diyaan tasveeraan lounne haan, te oh abnormal hai? Te tusi ohna so-called celebrities diyaan tasveeraan lounde ho jihna ton jaade sharaafat galee de kutteyaan ch hundi aa, eh hai tuhada normal?

Asi jamme extremist, asi jamme abnormal! Asi jeeyaange extremist, asi jeeyaange abnormal! Asi maraange extremist, asi maraange abnormal! Je kisay nu changaa lagda te theeka, je nai lagda, fer sadda jo vigaad sakdeo vigaad lao.

Akheer ch ikk vaari fer dohra deya, asi bilkul 100% extremist vi hege aa te abnormal vi! Banaun vaale Maalik ne sadde jeha naa te koi hor extremist bnaaya aa, te naa abnormal. Sadde mathe laggan ton pehlaan jithe jithe matha tekna tek lao, kyonki jado Khalsey te hathe chadd gaye, taan ki pata agla maukka miluga vi ja nai.

Mehtab Singh
Feb. 14th 2013
May 07, 2014 04:14PM
2 things, firstly, the name of our way of life is not Sikhism, its Sikhi or GurSikhi. It was the British who coined the term Sikhism, I think? And although people may also want to blame the British for “differentiating” Sikhi from Hinduism, fact is that Guru Sahibaan had long before already blessed His Panth as distinct and unique from all other pre-existing faiths.

Secondly, I am not sure if this is even a religion, or a way of life. Earlier on I used to say its a way of life and death, its a spiritually developmental journey of the soul, etc. But anyone can claim the same about their “religion” as well. Hinduism is a tradition/culture, not exactly a religion per say. Buddhism and Jainism are probably more of philosophies you could say. The 3 Semitic religions born in the Middle East (Judaism, Christianity & Islam) might be considered religions based on the definition of religion. Each and every one of them can claim to be “a spiritually developmental journey of the soul” using their own logic. So how do I define Sikhi as unique?

It just struck me today. The one word I can think of right now in the English language which can define Sikhi is “CHALLENGE”.

From day one Sikhi has been about challenges. Guru Sahibaan challenged the evils of society when They were physically present on earth in human form. Caste system, gender inequality, female infanticide, exploitation and oppression of the economically weaker sections of society, blind rituals and superstitions, you name it. Then later on They challenged the tyrant rulers. After 1708 the Khalsa challenged both the Mughals and the foreign Afghan invaders. In later stages more recently it was the British and in present times the Indian regime who have faced challenges from the Khalsa. Besides these, there are the internal challenges to fight our vikaars within us.

When you become a Sikh, you take up the challenge to

1.) control your vikaars
2.) raise your voice against the evils prevailing in society
3.) fight oppressive regimes and invasions of tyrants

There are several more which I may not be able to think of as I type right now, but there are definitely tons more.

Sikhi is about taking up the challenge. Winning or losing doesn’t always really matter. Once we become Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, we will automatically get Fateh (victory) because Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh, that Fateh also belongs to Vaheguru Jee.

When Dasmesh Pita demanded 5 heads, that was also a challenge. When Shaheed Baba Deep Singh Jee asked only those who were ready to die to come forward, that was also a challenge.

A Sikh’s life and death are both challenges! Lets live and die this challenge! The challenge to be the best human being and best Sikh!

Mehtab Singh
May 7, 2014
May 07, 2014 08:23PM

From day one Sikhi has been about challenges. Guru Sahibaan challenged the evils of society when They were physically present on earth in human form. Caste system, gender inequality, female infanticide, exploitation and oppression of the economically weaker sections of society, blind rituals and superstitions, you name it. Then later on They challenged the tyrant rulers. After 1708 the Khalsa challenged both the Mughals and the foreign Afghan invaders. In later stages more recently it was the British and in present times the Indian regime who have faced challenges from the Khalsa. Besides these, there are the internal challenges to fight our vikaars within us.

Bhai Sahib, its very strange how you mentioned this today. I was thinking the same exact thing during my lunch break today. I through during the Mughal/afghan invasions the Khalsa went through major struggle. The spirit was as tough as iron the roop Sri Guru Ji gave us reflects a time when the Khalsa was in a major challenge. Everyday with the 5 kakkars we are reminded of this challenge. I then started thinking about a documentary I saw about Punjab. The interviewer was eating with a Punjabi lady while eating the best food Punjab has to offer. The interview was fascinated with the warrior culture of Sikhi and started inquiring asking the lady why this warrior spirit no longer seems present in Punjab., The lady responded with food in her mouth with the words" Times have changed. Our religion is food". Waaheguru....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login