ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Har Bol Manaa Shandd || TawaiPrasad translation

Posted by Sinner 
Some brief vichaars on the name of the Gurbani stanza:

HAR BOL MANAA CHAND || TAWAIPRASAD ||

What does Har Bol Manaa Chand even mean? In Sri Sarbloh Granth Sahib Ji, Maharaj Dasmesh Ji wrote, with their pavittar kalam,that Hari was the word used to meditate upon the Divine One in Treta Yug (one of the four Ages that are referred to within Bani and Hindu Scriptures). The Sihari on the RaRa is usually not pronounced when an average person does Paath but according Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji, every lagaaamatraa should be pronounced. The Sihari lagaaamatraa adds a sort of emphasis on the RaRa symbolising that 'Hari' or Vaheguroo is never ending.

Bol literally means 'speak'. 'Har Bol' means to Speak the name of The Lord. The BaBa in this word is a heavy sound, putting a certain emphasis on this particular word. The Onkar(R) on top of the Baba is ALSO a heavy sound putting more emphasis on the sound of this word. The LaLa at the end is a light sound which signifies the light nature of the emotion of love. This word signifies through the use of such heavy sounds that 'Speaking the Name Of The Lord' is absolutely necessary. The Light LaLa sound signifies that only through love will you achieve the experience of the Eternal Lord.

'Manaa' comes from the word 'Man' meaning mind. Man in itself can be seen as a metaphor for 'surti' (consiousness/concentration). Manaa has the connotation of referring to the 'Man' as a child. The effect of this is that it promotes a sense of persuasive love when referring to the mind. A message we receive from Guru Sahib is that anything and everything can be won over if we express love towards it. This eternal law is being expressed when we use the word 'Manaa'.

Tawaiprasad. Tawai is a direct reference to Vaheguroo. When you say 'Tawai' you are directly having a conversation with Vaheguroo. This is the power of Jaap Sahib. It provides you with a direct conversation with Vaheguroo. Prasad means Kirpa, mercy or blessings. The Kanaa Lagaamataraa after the SaSa emphasises that Vaheguroo's bhandaar (treasure) is infinite. This is seen through the line 'AnTuT Bhandaar || Ant(H)aT Apaar ||'. You are meant to add a certain emphasis on this lagaamataraa when you read this line. The Tawai and Prasad are written together even in Pad Chedd saroops because of a certain reason. The reason behind it is that Tawai is a direct address to Vaheguroo and Prasad means mercy in one context. Adding the two words together shows that there is no difference between Vaheguroo and mercy itself.

If I have said anything wrong PLEASE feel free to correct me! This is just my limited understanding of Jaap Sahib that I wished to share with the sangat.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Singh Sahib, I think you are looking to much into the word Harbolmana. Harbolmana is one word not three. BHai Vir SIngh Ji has simply stated this is the name of the chhand( meter). Professor Sahib SIngh Ji mentions how Sri GUru Granth Sahib Ji is arranged in Raags while much of SRi Guru Gobind SInghs bani is divided in chhands. Chaands uplift the spirit with bir ras. For this reason Professor Sahib suggests SRi Guru Ji wrote a seperate granth and did not include his bani in Sri GUru Granth Sahib JI.
Satbachan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login