ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dastar Material

Posted by Singh_11 
Dastar Material
February 25, 2014 06:43AM
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

I've recently been hearing that it is wrong to cut dastar kapra in half down the middle, what are sangats views on this?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Dastar Material
February 26, 2014 06:00AM
Singhji, What reasons have you heard for it to be wrong?
February 27, 2014 06:44AM
Ive heard from singhs thats its written in puritan nihang maryada? not sure just wanted some advice
February 27, 2014 07:50AM
Now this is the limit. All sorts of unnecessary confusions have been created, cluttered and fluttered around.

Already there has been enormous amount of confusion created in Panth, on several grounds, by Anti-Panthic activists. This is the one last thing which I would have ever heard.

The one who is saying that you cannot cut in middle then ask the same person - did not the shopkeeper cut the cloth horizontally when he purchased from the shop.

Have a correct understanding of the Maryada and get the logics and reasoning correct.

The Maryada of the Dastaar width have been that the Width should be sufficient enough to cover person's Torso. Roughly from Neck to the Knees.

In present time, the Dastaar cloth which is coming out of factory fulfils this requirement of width. That is why it is suggested NOT to cut the Dastaar kapda in half down the middle.

This is the reason you will hear Singhs call it as "Akhand Dumalla/Dastaar". If you cut the Dastaar kapda in half down the middle then 99% of the case it will Not cover person's Torso. Then they say that such Dastaar/Dumalla is not Akhand.

This is the simple reason and nothing else. Don't fall prey to unncessary confusion.

Be informed and spread correct awareness.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
February 27, 2014 10:38AM
Vaheguroo Jee...
Forgive my ignorance, but how is the width of somebody's dastar going to affect the amount of naam they jaap?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login