ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Did Chhote Sahibzaade and Mata Gujar Kaur Ji eat from non-Amritdharis?

Posted by Manvir Singh 
Khalsa Ji,

Daas was research history of Chhote Sahibzaade and Mata Gujjar Kaur Ji. There are three incidents of where they are offered Langar Pani by Shardhaaloo which don't appear to be Amritdhari.

1. When stopping at Kumma Maashki's hut, I read that Bibi Lakshmi Devi, a Brahmin, who was Kumma Maashki's next door neighbour gave Mata Ji and Sahibzaade parshaada paanee.

2. Gangu Brahmin offered food to Sahibzaade and Mata Gujjar Kaur Ji but the food was uneatable that Kavi Duna Singh Hindoria, who was with Mata Ji up to Chamkaur Sahib writes that the Sahibzaade and Mata Ji refused to eat as Sahibzaade said this food is unfit for even a dog to eat.

3. Baba Moti Ram Mehra Ji offers milk to Sahibzaade and Mata Ji.

What are Sangat's thoughts on this, as people could ask Bibeki Singhs questions relating to this. It would be nice to have some vichaar that can help provide answers if need be.

Thanks

Daas,
Manvir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Firstly, there is no need for this topic. However, sometimes people in ignorance and curiosity may question Gursikhs about Bibek Rehit regarding this.

Daas' limited thoughts on the topic are the following:

Kumma Maashki never gave Mata Ji and Sahibzade food, it was his next door neighbour Bibi Lakshmi Devi. Bibi Lakshmi Devi, I am assuming was a Sikh but not taken "Khande-di-Pahul". Just because history states they were given food does not imply Rehit was broken.

Similarly, Baba Moti Ram was a Sikh, who probably taken Charan-Pahul but not Khande-di-Pahul. Furthermore these are not normal circumstances and therefore we should not look into this matter.

Regarding, Gangu, Mata Ji and Sahibzade never actually ate from them because the food offered was unfit for consumption. I heard in one lecture that the food offered was "Kachha Missaa" - uncooked/unprepared raw food. Gangu was definitely not Guru Ghar Chef. He was the Roseeaa (Chef) of the two Masands of Saheri - Masand Dhammi and another Masand (whose name I do not have with me at the moment). Other sources say he was the Chef of the Kashmiri Pandits.
Dear Bhai Manvir Singh Jio,

This is what Daas would say, regardless what Mata Jee and Sahibzaade did to eat, we mortals are clearly given the Hukam of Langer Bibek by Panj. This is also recorded in SRM under Roti-Beti di Saanj only with Gursikhs.

Having said that eating out from hands of non GurSikhs is disobeying Guru Sahib's Hukam, hence it is an anti-Gurmat Karam.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login