ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ignorance or curiosity?

Posted by k.sehaj 
ignorance or curiosity?
December 06, 2013 10:09AM
Daas has recently noticed that some people are extremely ignorant and ask questions about sarbloh bibek just so they can prove you wrong and make fun of sarbloees.
For example, a sevaadaar at the gurdwara recently asked me
"Jithay atta bandaa, oh vee sarbloee lokee hunday aah?" (Are the people at flour factories sarbloees too?)
Or "jayray pipes vich paani aundaa oh vee sarbloh day banay hunday aah? " (are the pipes that deliver water to your house also made of sarbloh?)
When I tried to explain he simply called sarbloees "pakhandis" and walked away confused smiley

Obviously baani says ਮੂਰਖੈਨਾਲਿਨਲੁਝੀਐ॥੧੯॥ so when people are asking silly questions is it ok to turn a blind eye and walk away or should we try and enlighten the individual? (which most likely turns into an argument)

Sukhsehaj Kaur
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: ignorance or curiosity?
December 06, 2013 11:21AM

Obviously baani says ਮੂਰਖੈਨਾਲਿਨਲੁਝੀਐ॥੧੯॥ so when people are asking silly questions is it ok to turn a blind eye and walk away or should we try and enlighten the individual? (which most likely turns into an argument)

These people are "ਅਕਲ ਦੇ ਦੁਸ਼ਮਨ?" i.e. foolish people who want to stir up things for entertainment purpose. There is no need to argue with such people and if they try to start an argument, tell them that you don't know anything and walk away.

In some cases, where there is a need to defend a Rehit because otherwise many people would be misled, it's okay to explain to them with patience and clarity.

If a question is coming from a bonafide candidate of Gurmat, then surely we should strive to explain the pertinent Gurmat principle thoroughly.

Kulbir Singh
December 06, 2013 12:26PM
Naam and Rehats are given/ordained by Sri Nanank Dashmesh Jee. Speaking against Rehats of Naam/Sarabloh/Langer Bibek/Keski and others is actually speaking against Hukam of Guru Sahib. Speaking against and not keeping Rehats is like giving Bedaava (for translation sake means breaking relations) to Guru Sahib.

But Gursikhs should never get distracted or disappointed by such remarks as Pakhandi and other kind of Ninda. With due respect if we stay humble enough and consider our self the same before someone else say Pakhandi, Paapi, Lobhi and etc then it actually help us a lot to progress in Prema Bhagati.

ਹਮ ਪਾਪੀ ਪਾਖੰਡੀ ਲੋਭੀ ਹਮਰਾ ਗੁਨੁ ਅਵਗੁਨੁ ਸਭੁ ਸਹਿਆ ॥
ਕਰੁ ਮਸਤਕਿ ਧਾਰਿ ਸਾਜਿ ਨਿਵਾਜੇ ਮੁਏ ਦੁਸਟ ਜੋ ਖਇਆ ॥੧॥
ਪੰਨਾ ੫੩੩
December 06, 2013 05:28PM
Don't ever get caught up so much in Rehit Maryada that you end up actually (or potentially) damaging your spiritual life.

Much of the Rehit Maryada takes one only up to Dharam Khand.

Do not get filled with ego or something just because you are keeping sarbloh bibek Rehit and following the rest of Maryada as well.

There are still many steps/levels to go in your spiritual journey, with Sach-Khand being the ultimate destination.

Don't fall into the trap of 5 chor where they try and make you think that you are so good and so amazing and such a Rehitvaan Gursikh.

Keep progressing forward.

Who cares what people say, let them have a good laugh and make themselves 'happy', be at that level of mental state where what they say doesn't create a negative reaction from you.

ਸਲੋਕ ਮਃ ੧ ॥
Shalok, First Mehl:

ਫਕੜਜਾਤੀਫਕੜੁਨਾਉ॥
Pride in social status is empty; pride in personal glory is useless.

ਸਭਨਾਜੀਆਇਕਾਛਾਉ॥
The One Lord gives shade to all beings.

ਆਪਹੁਜੇਕੋਭਲਾਕਹਾਏ॥
You may call yourself good;

ਨਾਨਕਤਾਪਰੁਜਾਪੈਜਾਪਤਿਲੇਖੈਪਾਏ॥੧॥
O Nanak, this will only be known when your honor is approved in God's Account. ||1||

I am saying this with all the best intentions, I hope no one gets offended or defensive and tries to twist what I am saying.
December 06, 2013 09:29PM
Sukhsehaj Kaur jio,
keep gupt about being sarblohi, as it will weaken, isolate you to end up eating what everyone else is and lose all your blessings jio..
DSGj jio,
Sarblohi is indeed Guru Sahib Jio's Hukam, and jantar, mantar, tantar...
After, I returned to my hometown...many of my former Sikh old neighbors, friends...were in physically poor health...i gave one who was on wheelchair a hug (she was stooping, unsteady to even sit on wheelchair), today she is able to walk...same with my chachi..cousin actually told me my face glows...MAGIC IS FROM AKJ GEM AMRIT, SARBLOH, AND FULL REHIT jio...NOT ME..
today, due to own weakness to succumb to pressure, eaten so much non-amritdhari, non-sarblohi...i look 100...although physically still alright due to Sri Nitnem, keertan, Naam..when Waheguru blessed me with this sewa ji..
bhul chuk muaf

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa,
WaheguruJiKiFateh
December 07, 2013 09:56AM
ks
keep gupt about being sarblohi, as it will weaken, isolate you to end up eating what everyone else is and lose all your blessings jio..

my sarbloh bibek is kept gupt but sometimes people notice (in this case the langar sevaadar) on their own that you've stopped eating from their hands and they get offended. so they start insulting you.

Sukhsehaj Kaur
December 07, 2013 05:46PM
Bhenjee,

Its just sevadaar, who the heck cares what he says
like what importance does he serve in your life
seriously

remember only one thing matters how much naam you japed not that stupid sevadaars insults

so lets just say one thing

IGNORE IT

like seriously if its not your parents insulting you or your any other parivaar vale who in the world seriously seriously cares

if they are not stopping

just insulting you

just take it in one ear, and pull it out the other ear

SARABLOHEE IS A KIRPA that is given to a very rare individuals they are obviously going to try to snatch it because they are naturally jealous of you.. jealous people will be jealous of your amazingly awesome rehit

so just chill

and ignore it

and explain if he asks why

but if he goes oh I have experience with sevadaar
if he doesn't listen to you and goes

what what what whatwaht this rehit its so stupid . its soooo srtupid..its brahamanvaad.. like yeah its soo stupid and just talks some people do..

you say

HAVE A GOOD DAYsmiling smiley!!!

BYEsmiling smiley

TALK TO THE HAND

LOSER( HOMAI AGANEE ANDAR LOOSAE) AKA You are burning loser in homai..in your ego

hope this helps

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki Fateh
December 07, 2013 08:06PM
No need to call anyone a loser or look down on anyone/think bad about someone.

Who knows what is next for ourselves?

Who knows what is in our fate and destiny?

You are talking about them having ego, but I say who cares about them having ego or not. First make sure that your own ego is in control.

That panktee can easily be turned around to strike you.

Gurbani is like a double-edge sword.
December 08, 2013 12:25AM
Sukhsehaj Kaur jio,
I faced same issues, thus I began going Gurdwara when no path, etc ongoing...then sometimes booked path even on those days...i succumbed, eat from patits serving, even when amritdhari serves, patit prepared...so do ardas of bhojan velei Di ardas, and Waheguru with eat bite...ardas also during gyaniji ardas in your heart..before consuming food..
nevertheless, you will notice, you feel like yourself before taking amrit, unable to get up early, mind loses love for Guru Sahib Jio, and thinking more about Maya jio...worst is dead souls cling to you...that is why only solution is to move where major rehitvaan Sikhs are, my daily ardas...may we all be blessed SOON..Waheguru..
December 08, 2013 12:59AM
Singhni jio,
some sewadars/ gyanio his are gupt gems too, so heed advise of DSGj jio..
Sukhsehaj Kaur ji,
if your Punj Pyareo did not specify sarbloh or eating from like some Amritdharis here, I believe u should be fine with Gurdwara langar...but if took from AKJ, then rehit is must...i tried nit going to Gurdwara to revive rehit, but worst because I live amongst neighbors who smoke (besides eating meat, alcohol, smell creeps into my apartment ji...karam for failing to stay for Smagam after amrit sinchaar) more when I listen to keertan...
AKJ amrit is really magic, because there is this dastaar youth who tries so hard to ensure he gets to serve me karah parsad (even after I have been served by someone else) serving me one time...i assume he gets some Guru Sahib's blessings ji??
he is also now also amritdhari, and looks much calmer, neater...FULL REHIT GEM AMRIT SAVING SIKH KAUM, AND WORLD!
December 08, 2013 02:47AM
ks ji there is only one Amrit, not many types of amrit such as AKJ amrit and others. ਇਹ ਵੰਡਾਂ ਨਾ ਪਾਓ , ਅੱਗੇ ਰੌਲੇ ਬਥੇਰੇ ਨੇ
December 08, 2013 03:56AM
One and only Sarblohi Gurdwara in blessed with magical langar ji..
[www.tapoban.org]
Singhni Jee,
It is not polite to talk like that at all. Using words like stupid, loser are not admirable traits of a Sikh. Especially because we are in Guru Sahib's image, we should represent Guru Sahib in the perfect way. Talking in that manner only brings us spiritually low. No one here is a loser; everyone will be saved in the end. Even the people that you have belittled can become the highest in the end. If we respect Vaheguru, respect his creation. Gurbani shouldn't be used to mock others but to teach ourselves.

I’ve been hearing others give AKJ too much importance over other Jathay. Does anyone actually believe someone who has shown love to Guru Sahib will be turned away from Guru Sahib because they did not take amrit from AKJ? Or that they are incapable to show any love because they weren't "blessed" enough to take amrit from AKJ?
December 08, 2013 12:51PM
Guru ji didn't make different types of amrit..... It was only one type... So why nowadays we come to see so many varieties in amrit......????????
December 08, 2013 02:23PM
Eyesacademic ji,
there is a difference in Amrit in my hometown, as Punj Pyare only Hukam is not to cut hair after taking Amrit...thus many Amritdharis not just here, elsewhere too remain worldly instead of being totally a Sikh of Guru Sahib Ji.
consider eating anywhere, everywhere...same utensils consumed by meat eaters, alcoholics, smokers...many local Amritdharis even remove kirpan to replace with mini kirpan, do not cover head outside Gurdwara..
read message of Gurbani, to understand my point...and Gurbani thus declaring Gems are so rare, and few who abide by His Hukam ji...i know of Amritdhari who color and cut hair, spend more time passing nindak about others, than message of Gurbani ji...i believe this is result of consuming non-amritdhari food ji...you become what you eat ji..especially if person who prepared has committed what a Sikh of our Guru should not ji..
Singhni Miripiri jio, everyone will be saved WHO HONORS HIS HUKAM ji, affirmed in Salok Mahla 9 when all creation is no more...rahio Naam, rahio SADHU, rahio Guru Gobind!
HUKAM FROM AKJ PUNJ PYARE IS HUKAM OF GURU SAHIB JIO: www.akjfaq.com, www.akj.com
bhul chuk muaf Waheguru jio..

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa,
WaheguruJiKiFateh
December 08, 2013 04:33PM
I came across this panktee while doing sehajpaath and I immediately thought of this situation.
ਜਿਥੈਬੋਲਣਿਹਾਰੀਐਤਿਥੈਚੰਗੀਚੁਪ॥੨॥
Where you are bound to lose by speaking, there, you ought to remain silent. ||2||

singhni
TALK TO THE HAND

LOSER( HOMAI AGANEE ANDAR LOOSAE) AKA You are burning loser in homai..in your ego

singhni ji, i agree with you to the point of ignoring the person and not really listening but i think we should all keep in mind that "no one is foolish and no one is clever " ਨਾਕੋਮੂਰਖੁਨਾਕੋਸਿਓਾਣਾ

Sukhsehaj Kaur
Regardless of what opinion one holds, there are still Diamonds in other Jathay. They are held closely by Guru Sahib and can be blessed as much as Guru Sahib likes. They are his children and his to look after. Holding a low thought of other Jathay only brings hatred, disrespect and segregation. Guru Sahib has brought differences with our panth, so we should learn to accept his will and respect everyone regardless of their differences.
December 11, 2013 03:39AM
I agree totally Singhni Miripiri Jio...just this past week ragi at local Gurdwara sang keertan with so much ras, so sad that it was their last week after
4 months..
Waheguru surely bless the pure hearted Ragis, Sewadar, other Sikhs, non-Sikhs in His way to reach His Pavitr Charna ji...
all is His game of life..
bhul chuk muaf

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa,
WaheguruJiKiFateh
December 14, 2013 02:23AM
...singhni miripiri ji,
I would like to add all will be saved, but only after taking AMRIT OF GURU GOBIND SINGH JIO KHANDEY BATEY KI PAHUL, AND HONOR HIS HUKAM WWW.AKJFAQ.ORG ji.m
otherwise karam khand or cycle of birth and death awaits...because none has PURITY OF AMRIT WITHIN when not born a Sikh Ji...
December 14, 2013 06:20PM
gagandeep bhenjee,

There is only one amrit. but many have strayed from HIS rehit.. that was first proscribed and created different types of amrits

SGPC, DODRA.. all have strayed from rehit.. Sarabloh is a necessary rehit that all should be keeping. and these different types of amrit are what we should stray from and try to follow the most strictest path to protect us in the kaniyo thikee valo nikee raasta we have taken

I never intended to put down other jathe it was a joke singhni miri piri jee.. I meant to make readers laugh...
anyway

we cant accept people that do not follow rehit( hukam of guru sahib)

Hukam is sarabloh rehit..Sukhsehaj kaur should not have to endure these tauntings.

I endure these taunting jokes from people all the time.. People give me all sorts of jokes.. and it is not fun to endure.. I was trying to cheer sukhsehaj kaur because I felt so bad for her.. because I knew where she was coming from
j
All I am saying is miripirisinghni please give some support to poor bhenjee.. this is a very difficult time for her
my message is keep on going and ignore those people and don't let them get to you

DSGj, I am sorry but I beg to disagree with . when you say much of rehit maryada only takes you up to dharam khand

Rehit.. is a necessary thing ... that aids in 24/7 naam khanda which is what we should all be aiming for..
rehit is necessary for all the way uptill sachkhand... and even after sachkhand. if by some chance we get there.. we should continue to help others..

Sukhsehaj kaur, rehit is necessary you need it forever.. so don't ever give it up for anything.. rehit is critical.. I promise.if you follow all hukams in rehit maryada.. you will not ever regret it in your life

Good luck to you bhenjee

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki Fateh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login