ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Attachment

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
Attachment
October 19, 2013 08:19PM
The other day I was watching a documentary about cloning and brining the dead back to life. The documentary claimed that science is making so many advancements they will eventually be able to bring a dead body back to life. The documentary also claimed that scientist could also clone someone using their DNA. They said through such advancements one will be able to spend more time with their loved ones, and through cloning they can even have children to look exactly like their parents . This way a grown child can be the parent of their deceased parents. For example a son can raise his deceased mother as his own daughter. The scientist claimed that even though the character of the clone would be different still the appearance would be identical. I thought to myself why take such extreme measures to bring a loved one back? Once the soul or should I say breath leaves the body its gone there is no coming back yet why would be determined to bring someone back to life or clone someone we loved? The obvious answer is attachment. Through attachment people make the most irrational and strange decisions. The same night I came across a sakhi about a Gursikh who was above attachment. I think this is a good story to share since we know on facebook the emotion “ attachment” has a strong effect on people.

One day a Gursikh by the name of Bhai Kapoor JI came up to Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji and said “ Protector of the meek! Kindly give me the company and presence of a true and proper Gursikh". Sri Guru Ji responded “ in the city of Sehbaj there is a Sikh by the name of Sanman go and visit him”. When Bhai Kapoor Ji visited Bhai Sanman Ji he was treated with lots of hospitality and he was served whole heartedly by Bhai Sanman Ji . On that day Sanman was gathering up wood and cutting them into pieces while laying them on the ground. Bhai Kapoor Ji said why are you engaged in this work, Sri Guru has sent me here to learn from you? Bhai Sanman Ji said “ this work is important in the night we will be more attentive to your needs” . During the night Sanman and his son sang Kirtan through out the night while Bhai Kapoor Ji remained engrossed in complete bliss.

While all three Gursikhs were completely engrossed in the kirtan. some thieves came by the house and robbed the livestock of Sanman . In the morning Sanmans son noticed the cows were missing, however,the cows footprints left a trail . The son followed the footprints and approached the thieves. As soon as the son chased down the thieves he was shot and killed. The same day Sanman prepared the funeral pyre for his son from the wood which he gathered up from the previous day. He sang kirtan and then took the body to the forest to be burned. Bhai Kapoor Ji tried to interrupt the funeral services and said “ you know how great and giving Sri Guru Ji is ask him to prolong the life of your son”. Sanman replied “ The body is false only the fool worries about the demise of a body. If we are to ask anything from the Guru then we ask him for the gift of his name which gives protection. This world is only a temporary play which doesn’t last long. Nobody here is a father and nobody here is a son. When we forget the life which resides in the body that’s when we experience pain. May Sri Guru Ji keep us away from attachment as attachment keeps us away from him.
ਪੁਤ੍ਰ ਕਲਤ੍ਰ ਨ ਸੰਗਿ ਧਨਾ ਹਰਿ ਅਵਿਨਾਸੀ ਓਹੁ ॥ !!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Attachment
October 21, 2013 01:31AM
ਏਹੁ ਕੁਟੰਬੁ ਤੂ ਜਿ ਦੇਖਦਾ ਚਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਤੇਰੈ ਨਾਲੇ ॥
ਸਾਥਿ ਤੇਰੈ ਚਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਤਿਸੁ ਨਾਲਿ ਕਿਉ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਈਐ ॥
ਕਿ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਇਆ ਤੁਧੁ ਸਰੀਰਾ ਜਾ ਤੂ ਜਗ ਮਹਿ ਆਇਆ ॥
ਜਿਨਿ ਹਰਿ ਤੇਰਾ ਰਚਨੁ ਰਚਿਆ ਸੋ ਹਰਿ ਮਨਿ ਨ ਵਸਾਇਆ ॥

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login