ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Two Panktis from Sukhmani Sahib

Posted by Bijla Singh 
How do we reconcile the difference between the two panktis:

ਤੁਮ ਤੇ ਭਿੰਨ ਨਹੀ ਕਿਛੁ ਹੋਇ ॥ (292)

ਰੂਪੁ ਨ ਰੇਖ ਨ ਰੰਗੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਤ੍ਰਿਹੁ ਗੁਣ ਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਭਿੰਨ ॥ (283)

According to the first pankti, nothing is separate from God but according to second He is without form, karma, color and separate from three gunas. Aren’t three gunas included in the first pankti?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
The first pangti says he is everywhere, the second pangti says he is without form. Trigun is part of the physical . Put both pangtis together and the conclusion is he is everywhere and he is formless.

How do we reconcile the difference between the two panktis:
ਤੁਮ ਤੇ ਭਿੰਨ ਨਹੀ ਕਿਛੁ ਹੋਇ ॥ (292)
ਰੂਪੁ ਨ ਰੇਖ ਨ ਰੰਗੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਤ੍ਰਿਹੁ ਗੁਣ ਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਭਿੰਨ ॥ (283)
According to the first pankti, nothing is separate from God but according to second He is without form, karma, color and separate from three gunas. Aren’t three gunas included in the first pankti?

I see no contradiction in the two Pankitis. Both Pankitis are talking about different concepts. The first Pankiti is as follows:

ਤੁਮ ਤੇ ਭਿੰਨ ਨਹੀ ਕਿਛੁ ਹੋਇ ॥
ਆਪਨ ਸੂਤਿ ਸਭੁ ਜਗਤੁ ਪਰੋਇ ॥

(Nothing can occur without you. The who world is controlled by you)

The second Pankiti talks about the form of Vaheguru which is aloof from the worldly form, colour, design and the 3 Gunas of Maya.

Kulbir Singh
Thank you for the response. My question is about ਤ੍ਰਿਹੁ ਗੁਣ ਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਭਿੰਨ: In what sense is Vaheguru separate from three gunas? Do three gunas exist in Him? Or is it that Vaheguru created the three gunas and He is present in them but they don't exist in Him?

From the first pankti I get the impression that everything exists in Him including maya.

From the first pankti I get the impression that everything exists in Him including maya.

" ਨਹੀ ਕਿਛੁ ਹੋਇ" should not be interpreted as "everything exists in Him" but as "nothing happens (ਹੋਇ) separate (ਭਿੰਨ) from Him i.e. without His doing.

Thank you for the response. My question is about ਤ੍ਰਿਹੁ ਗੁਣ ਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਭਿੰਨ: In what sense is Vaheguru separate from three gunas? Do three gunas exist in Him? Or is it that Vaheguru created the three gunas and He is present in them but they don't exist in Him?

It is hard to fathom and even harder to describe all the aspects and qualities of Vaheguru. As per my meagre understanding, being separate from 3 Gunas means that He is not affected by these Gunas. He is Niranjan from this Anjan of Maya. How is Vaheguru pervading in everything yet aloof from everything is known only to Vaheguru or those fortunate ones who experience this mystical state. I guess His presence in everyone and in the 3 Gunas can be explained by this Pankiti:

ਸਭ ਕੈ ਮਧਿ ਸਗਲ ਤੇ ਉਦਾਸ ॥
(you are in everyone yet detached)

Gurbani is Agam Agaadh Bodh.

Kulbir Singh
Thank you. Makes more sense now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login