ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ਹੁਕਮੈ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਸਭੁ ਕੋ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਹੁਕਮ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
In his book " Gurbani Dian Lagaan Matran Di Vilakhanta " Bhai Sahib mentions whenever there is noun which is singular there wills always be an aunkad, and if the pangti contains the pronoun Sabh then Sabh too would have an Aunkad. The only exception being Sabh is next to a preposition.

In the following pangti the word Hukum has no aunkad. Why is Hukum in the following pangti not a singular noun?

Or Is ਨ here considered to be a preposition?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook

In the following pangti the word Hukum has no aunkad. Why is Hukum in the following pangti not a singular noun?

Or Is ਨ here considered to be a preposition?

The word ਹੁਕਮ does not have an Aunkad in the end, not because it's not singular but because of presence of the preposition ਬਾਹਰਿ with it. The word ਨ is not a preposition but an adverb.

Gurbani is Agam Agaadh Bodh.

Kulbir Singh
Thank you Ji I though the preposition has to come after the noun? I didn't know it can come before it?
In the following pangti
ਨਾਮ ਸੰਗਿ ਜਿਸ ਕਾ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨਿਆ ॥

Bhai Sahib mentions how Naam is singular but without aunkad due to presence of the preposition ਸੰਗਿ, but ਮਨੁ does have an aunkad as there is no preposition with ਮਨੁ. I thought the word ਕਾ before ਮਨੁ is a preposition but due to it being behind the noun ਮਨੁ the rule does not apply?

In the following pangti
ਨਾਮ ਸੰਗਿ ਜਿਸ ਕਾ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨਿਆ ॥

Bhai Sahib mentions how Naam is singular but without aunkad due to presence of the preposition ਸੰਗਿ, but ਮਨੁ does have an aunkad as there is no preposition with ਮਨੁ. I thought the word ਕਾ before ਮਨੁ is a preposition but due to it being behind the noun ਮਨੁ the rule does not apply?

It doesn't matter if the preposition appears before or after the word or even if it does not appear at all (i.e. is Gupt), as long as the preposition is related to the noun, it will remove the Aunkad in vast majority of cases.

In the above Pankiti ਕਾ is related to ਜਿਸ and not ਮਨੁ; therefore, the Aunkad of ਮਨੁ was not removed. ਮਨੁ is not Sambandh Kaarak noun here but is Karta Kaarak noun.

Kulbir Singh
Thank you Ji
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login