ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

the descendants of Pandit Kirpa Ram Dutt

Posted by Mehtab Singh 
Pandit Kirpa Ram Dutt was head of the Kashmiri Pandits who came to Sahib Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Patshah Jee Maharaj at Sri Anandpur Sahib in May 1675 after suffering the tyranny of Iftikhar Khan. I've been trying to read and research a lot about the subsequent generations of Pandit Kirpa Ram Dutt (who later became Kirpa Singh in 1699 and was a Shaheed at the battle of Chamkaur Sahib in 1704). I was able to find out about his ancestors, i.e. Pandit Brahm Das of Kashmir became shardhalu of Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Patshah Jee Maharaj, his son Pandit Narain Das became shardhalu of Sahib Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Jee Maharaj, his son Pandit Aru Ram became shardhalu of Sahib Sri Guru Har Rai Sahib Jee Maharaj and eventually became Gurmukh Singh. His son was Pandit Kirpa Ram Dutt (Kirpa Singh) who initially was shardhalu of Sahib Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Patshah Jee Maharaj. Kirpa Singh's brother Sanmukh Singh (earlier Sanmukh Ram) was another Shaheed at the battle of Chamkaur Sahib.

I've come across several Kashmiri Pandits as well as Kashmiri/Punjabi Sikhs who claim descent from Kirpa Singh (also called by some historians as Kirpa Singh Dutt). Does anyone have any more info on his descendants? Were they all Sikhs or only some were Sikhs? Or did they not have any descendants left at all?

Thanks
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
No one?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login