ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Literature on Guru Gobind Singh Jee ?

Posted by sikh.learner 
I am looking to read about the sakhis and the life of Sri Dasmesh Pita. Which are the best books or other online literature ?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I guess Bachittar Natak has the life of Guru Sahib upto 1696. Also I heard Kalgidhar Chamatkaar by Bhai Vir Singh is good (I haven't read it though).
There are many sources on the life of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji such as

Gurbilas ( 10)
Suraj Parkaash
Sri Guru Sobha
Sri Guru Granth Parkaash
Panth Parksaah
Bansvalinama
Sau Sakhia
Guru Kian Sakhian

These are the oldest writings of Sri Guru Ji ; however, when reading them we have to do so with a vigilant eye as some of the material is strecthced and not in accordance to Gurmat. Out all the above readings I reccommend Sri Guru Sobha as its much more cleaner then the other material I have mentioned plus its the most detailed of Sri Guru Jis last days and most detailed on the battles.People say that Gurbilas ( 10) is the best biography of Sri Guru Ji as the life events are in chronological order. Personally, I see the texts has some good information but has information which is totally contrary to Gurmat such as Sri Guru Ji worshipping a devi and 5 goats beings slaughtered instead of Panj Pyaarey.. There are some other books about Sri Guru Jis life but I cant think of their names at this time. When I do I will be sure to notify you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login