ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sinners to Saints

Posted by guruvah 
Sinners to Saints
May 23, 2013 07:04AM
Are there are examples in Gurbani, Guru Sahibs time, or in recent times....great sinners have become great saints? Is such idea even possible? As gurbani mentions the most as them being liberated(saved from hell, various life form punishment) Correct me if I am wrong.
The reason is many that I encounter to have given up internally on Sikhi and have come to terms that "its just not meant to be!".
I look forward to replies from elder gursikh based on gurbani or their input from sangat of various gurmukhs, as replies.

dhanvaad jeo.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I dont really understand what you are asking?

There are dozens and dozens of sinners and mayadhari people who turned into saints after receiving Naam from Satguru Ji. The greatest example that comes to mind is Kauda Raskha. He was a canibal meaning he ate people , and he was about to even eat Mardana, but SRi Guru Ji blessed him with naam. A more recent example is Bhai Rama Singh Ji he was born a Hindu and got up with the maya of the world as he worked as a Government dipolmat and would go to parties. Eventually he was blessed with Amrit who encouraged many others to Jaap Naam, in the place he lived they refered to him as Saint of Southall. He has an autobiography about his life story. In the West there is a great saying "Every Saint has a past and every Sinner has a future". This quote reminds of the Gurbani verses we recite daily ਪੁੰਨੀ ਪਾਪੀ ਆਖਣੁ ਨਾਹਿ ॥ ਕਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਕਰਣਾ ਲਿਖਿ ਲੈ ਜਾਹੁ ॥
Sinner and Saint is just an avastha.The label of sinner or saint dont come from mere words but through a persons actions. If someone lives a sinful life they can always change through Gurmat actions and change their avastha and become a Gurmukh. This is why rehat is important in our religion it gives us the opportunity to change our destiny.
Re: Sinners to Saints
June 03, 2013 09:22AM
Their are may examples veerji. You can look into biographies of modern day saints like Sant Attar Singh ji and others. For example Baba Harnam Singh ji of Rampur Khera influenced innumerable people onto the path of Gursikhi. You can download 'Se Kinehiya' pdf from online and get inspired.
June 03, 2013 10:18AM
Read a few books by Bhai Vir Singh ji that will help
June 03, 2013 12:19PM
guruvah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are there are examples in Gurbani, Guru Sahibs
> time, or in recent times....great sinners have
> become great saints? Is such idea even possible?
> As gurbani mentions the most as them being
> liberated(saved from hell, various life form
> punishment) Correct me if I am wrong.
> The reason is many that I encounter to have given
> up internally on Sikhi and have come to terms that
> "its just not meant to be!".
> I look forward to replies from elder gursikh based
> on gurbani or their input from sangat of various
> gurmukhs, as replies.

it's happenning as we speak - tons of Amrit sanchars going on globally - Khalsa is growing in bounds everywhere - We all are sinners and remain so - however, whoever has taken amrit - there is a chance ,if that individual can just take and absorb into love of Gursikhe
>
> dhanvaad jeo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login