ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bhai Sohan Singh Jee Jangpur Wale - Baraagi Milaap

Posted by Vista 
Bhai Sohan Singh Jee Jangpur Wale
From Rangley Saajan

Turbulent times came and passed away speedily. 16 Years of imprisonment for me were like 16 nights. That was how i felt the passage of time in jails. However the loved ones, suffering pangs of separation, felt every year like passing of an eternal age. On my release in 1930 the love-lorn folks came to meet me in flood like streams. My close relatives knew no bounds of joy. The welcome at Narangwal village was so intensely emotional that the surcharge tunes of GurbaNee singing reverberated the sky. My beloved wife, Srimati Karat Kaur sang feelingly,

ਘਰਿ ਆਪਨੜੈ ਖੜੀ ਤਕਾ ਮੈ ਮਨਿ ਚਾਉ ਘਨੇਰਾ ਰਾਮ ॥
ghar aapanarrai kharree thakaa mai man chaao ghanaeraa raam ||
I stand in my doorway, watching for You; my mind is filled with such a great yearning.

She was beside herself with happiness. However even this was surpassed in mirthful singing by the Jatha from Jangpur, depicting meeting after long separation of spiritual love in ‘GurbaNee’. Vir Bhai Sohan Singh jee picked up most apt Shabad that pierced the hearts, particularly applied to my life:

ਤੁਮ ਘਰਿ ਆਵਹੁ ਮੇਰੇ ਮੀਤ ॥
thum ghar aavahu maerae meeth ||
Come back to your home, O my friend.

ਤੁਮਰੇ ਦੋਖੀ ਹਰਿ ਆਪਿ ਨਿਵਾਰੇ ਅਪਦਾ ਭਈ ਬਿਤੀਤ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
thumarae dhokhee har aap nivaarae apadhaa bhee bitheeth || rehaao ||
The Lord Himself has eliminated your enemies, and your misfortunes are past. ||Pause|

What a scene it was! Sri Bhai Sohan Singh jees eyes were flooded with tears of joy and his face was resplendent with spiritual glory. It was difficult to behold him. In his state of intoxicated love, he lead in repeated singing of each line of Shabad followed by the entire Jatha. The entire assembly was moved to tears. The opening pangti was:

ਜਿਨਿ ਤੁਮ ਭੇਜੇ ਤਿਨਹਿ ਬੁਲਾਏ ਸੁਖ ਸਹਜ ਸੇਤੀ ਘਰਿ ਆਉ ॥
jin thum bhaejae thinehi bulaaeae sukh sehaj saethee ghar aao ||
The One who sent you, has now recalled you; return to your home now in peace and pleasure

This filled all the hearts with unbridled joy. The next line:

ਅਨਦ ਮੰਗਲ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਉ ਸਹਜ ਧੁਨਿ ਨਿਹਚਲ ਰਾਜੁ ਕਮਾਉ ॥1॥
anadh ma(n)gal gun gaao sehaj dhhun nihachal raaj kamaao ||1||
In bliss and ecstasy, sing His Glorious Praises; by this celestial tune, you shall acquire your everlasting kingdom. ||1||

This was like blessing me and in fact has come true till date. Truly perpetual has been the joy of Akhand Kirtan Smagams ever since. This ceaseless bliss of holy company has erased the memory of past sufferings. The ecstasy of spiritual bliss of Naam Meditation has been no less than eternal rule with Divine Grace. Then Bhai Sohan Singh jee sang the next line of joyous blessing:

ਪ੍ਰਗਟ ਕੀਨੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਰਨੇਹਾਰੇ ਨਾਸਨ ਭਾਜਨ ਥਾਕੇ ॥
pragatt keenae prabh karanaehaarae naasan bhaajan thhaakae ||
God, the Creator Lord, has glorified you, and your running and rushing around has ended.
As if to mark the on set of the continuous bliss were the words:

ਘਰਿ ਮੰਗਲ ਵਾਜਹਿ ਨਿਤ ਵਾਜੇ ਅਪੁਨੈ ਖਸਮਿ ਨਿਵਾਜੇ ॥2॥
ghar ma(n)gal vaajehi nith vaajae apunai khasam nivaajae ||2||
In your home, there is rejoicing; the musical instruments continually play, and your Husband Lord has exalted you. ||2||

There was repeated singing of these lines by the entire congregation and every one lost consciousness of time. Such was the spiritual sway! God knows how long this continued
This following couplet was sing by Bhai Sohan Singh jee standing face to face with me.

.ਅਸਥਿਰ ਰਹਹੁ ਡੋਲਹੁ ਮਤ ਕਬਹੂ ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਬਚਨਿ ਅਧਾਰਿ ॥
asathhir rehahu ddolahu math kabehoo gur kai bachan adhhaar ||
Remain firm and steady, and do not ever waver; take the Guru's Word as your Support.

ਜੈ ਜੈ ਕਾਰੁ ਸਗਲ ਭੂ ਮੰਡਲ ਮੁਖ ਊਜਲ ਦਰਬਾਰ ॥3॥
jai jai kaar sagal bhoo ma(n)ddal mukh oojal dharabaar ||3||
You shall be applauded and congratulated all over the world, and your face shall be radiant in the Court of the Lord. ||3||

It felt like show of blessings, coming from the entire Sangat to enthuse me for the future. The ending lines created a heavenly environment:

ਜਿਨ ਕੇ ਜੀਅ ਤਿਨੈ ਹੀ ਫੇਰੇ ਆਪੇ ਭਇਆ ਸਹਾਈ ॥
jin kae jeea thinai hee faerae aapae bhaeiaa sehaaee ||
All beings belong to Him; He Himself transforms them, and He Himself becomes their help and support.

ਅਚਰਜੁ ਕੀਆ ਕਰਨੈਹਾਰੈ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਚੁ ਵਡਿਆਈ ॥4॥4॥28॥
acharaj keeaa karanaihaarai naanak sach vaddiaaee ||4||4||28||
The Creator Lord has worked a wondrous miracle; O Nanak, His glorious greatness is true. ||4||4||28||

This shabad was sung for about an hour and a half with lilting tune of high pitch and baariaag. The memory shall ever abide in my entire being as most unforgettable.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Isn't the above passage from Jail Chithiaan as opposed to Ranglay Sajjan?

In any case, indeed what a Shabad Bhai Sohan Singh chose to sing at the time of Bhai Sahib's arrival. Vaah!

Kulbir Singh
where is the punjabi section for this ?
Ah beautiful... Made my day...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login