ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Upto 300 years old saroops of Sri Guru Granth sahib ji and Dasam granth found in maharashtra and AP

Posted by swalakh_1 

Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Kamaal hai! The Punjab Digital Library team is doing wonderful work. Guru Sahib hor Kirpa karan.

Kulbir Singh
Considering our dharam is only 500 years old/300 years since creation of Khalsa, daas feels that there are many more khazana/relics to be discovered. For example in Christianity (2000 years old) the dead sea scrolls were discovered only 60-70 years ago.

Sometimes daas wonders if the Damdami saroop did not get destroyed and is lying somewhere to be discovered!

Also another amazing thing is the number of handwritten copies of Guru Granth Sahib jee. I do not think any other dharam has 100s of handwritten copies of their holy books in existence. 400+ handwritten puratan saroops were present in the Sikh Reference Library alone before they were destroyed/stolen in operation bluestar.

PDL is doing great seva I just wish they were faster in uploading content. The only other suggestion is that the SGPC should provide funds towards the priceless seva of digitisation. Before scholars had to travel far and wide to get darshan and do research of puratan saroops, however now we can have darshan from our homes via the internet.
Gupt1 Ji,

it really is amazing but the issue I have is that all those "puratan" handwritten Saroops have differences to each other.. Why is that?

Secondly, the authenticity of the present Kartarpuri Bir and present Damdami Birh.. Usually I get sad thinking about these things... That why there are no answers to these questions..

Please share your views on the above

Regarding SGPC -> Money Money Money is all that counts. Saving the budgets they got, that's all they are trained for !!!

PDL is doing excellent Sewa !
It is very likely that the ancestors of the non Sikh families who have those sroops were Sikhs. Probably there must be many such puraatan sroops all over the sub continent that need to be found.
Those homes are GURDWARAS, must be taken care of and protected, lest the enemies reach there.
MB Singh wrote <>

That's what exactly on my mind. Panth's enemy will do any thing to get these saroops...Money,threats,Thieve, Force or Simply distroy.
I agree as even Bhai Vir Singh Ji's books on
Dropbox seems like has been tainted with
pro u know what instead of Gursikhi...
MB Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those homes are GURDWARAS, must be taken care of
> and protected, lest the enemies reach there.

Very well stated. The enemies of panth, who are within us, are buying such historical finds and keep them in secret.
Already Anandpuri beer of Dasam granth sahib compiled in 1698 is in private hands and is secretly held.
ਵਾਿਹਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਼ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਿਹਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹ ॥

What does KS Jee mean that Bhai Sahib Bhai Vir Singh Jee's books in Dropbox have been tainted? Could someone inform daas' asap as the local Khalsa School may use these pdf files to read to the entire class during Punjabi class by presenting them on the SmartBoard. They have the hardcopies as well but sometimes it is easier to use the SmartBoard.
Shukria Jee.

Bhul Chuk Muaaf
The pdfs of Bhai Vir Singh's writings on Dropbox are the same as the hardcopies. They have not been altered.

Preetam Singh
Preetam Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The pdfs of Bhai Vir Singh's writings on Dropbox
> are the same as the hardcopies. They have not
> been altered.

I agree. There is a massive propaganda going on on facebooks wherin kala afghanists and missionary followers are writing very
filthy about all these Gursikhs of charhdi kala.They write that saint poet Bhai Veer singh ji ,who himself was a regular naam abhyiasi,
writings are copied from dhani ram chatrik. They have no decency and they name call such singhs who were so humble that persons
like Bhai Veer singh never delivered a speech from a panthic stage even though requested to speak.All he said was " Waheguru ji ka
Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh" His personality was so appealing that a budhist turned Prof Puran singh came back to sikhi.It was only
because of Bhai veer singh's personality.Bhai sahib never said to him to rejoin sikhi.

Once there was an annual sikh educational conference at gujranwala and Bhai Veer singh called budhist monk Prof Puran singh as a special
guest.he came and was asked to give a speech.he said i do not belong to your religion.i have abandoned it.I do not know why you ahve called me here. On saying this he sat on stage near bhai Veer singh ji and Bhai sahib kept on running his fingers in his cropped head hair.Prof puran singh
started crying and kept on weeping for sometime.this was the turning point for him towards sikhi.

So these nastiks are not sparing such a noble soul.Their purpose is to muddle our history and scritpures.This theory of alteration is a form of propaganda and we should not be misled by this,
ਵਾਿਹਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਼ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਿਹਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹ ॥

Thank you clearing up that misunderstanding Bhai Sahib Jee.

Bhul Chuk Muaaf
My comment is not at all against Bhai Vir Singh
Ji who made many efforts to revive Gursikhi Ji, one of which
is his books Ji!
My point about Dropbox books of Bhai Vir Singh
Ji being tainted is because in it is stated meat eating is supported
by our Guru? The other message I understand upon
completing part one of Sri Guru Nanak Chamatkar as well
as Sri Kalgidhar Chamatkar, is our Guru and followers were considered Hindus (?), thus totally
contradicting Bhai Vir Singh Jio's literary effort Ji!
Bhul chuk muaf as I am just a paapi murakh, who am I to
nindia kar a truly blessed Gurmukh as Bhai Vir Singh Ji
whose contribution like Bank of Punjab and Sind
to fund his many Gursikhi revival tasks, has been named
by Indian government as their undertaking (look at bank
website)...
Singho who question my post, do not question sly,
corrupt Indian government why they polluting, confusing message of our Guru, and killing, incarcerate Sikhs who dare
to take action as Bhai Vir Singh Jio?!
Bhai sahib ji,

Bank of Punjab came into existence sometime in mid 1990s when india liberalized its economy, It has nothing to do with Bhai Veer singh jIt was bought over by some other private bank some years later,

Punjab and sind bank was opened due to joint efforts of bhai veer singh ji, Sunder singh majithia and one bhai tarlochan singh. It was later nationalized by indian Govt when they nationalized many other banks and took over property of ex Maharajas

Guru Nanak chamatkar and Sri Kalgidhar chamatkar especially Sri kalgidhar chamatkar has been severely criticized by an ex police constable kala afghana in his nastik writings and he has not spared bhai Veer singh ji also, It will be helpful if you point out on what page of these books it is written that sikhs are Hindus, Bhai sahib along Giani Ditt Singh were leading figures who resisted attempts of arya samajis to absorb sikhs in Hindism,

Please do not consider any offence towards your post It is a fact that no saintly person be it Sant Attar singh ji mastuanewale, Bhai sahib bhai randhir singh ji,even Sant jarnail singh ji bhindfewale ( He is being mentioned as bipar sadh now), Harnam singh ji rampur khera etc have been spared from slander by these missionaries,
Inder Singh ji,
I am a female, and far from deserving a Bhai Sahib honorable title, even if I am a male...I am worst than a worm..
Sad that the government of India took over Bank, as well as Maharaja properties, etc oppress Sikhs so much, yet we are unable to do anything..
I will post page, where Sikh followers of our Guru Jio referred to as Hindus when I have time to read again ji
Bhain ji

i apologize for the mistake in addressing you.
not a problem Inder Singh jiosmiling smiley
I got some information on Dasam granth sahib's major beer mentioned here. Many of us know that Bhai daya singh ( one of panj piaras) was sent by Guru sahib to deliver Zafarnama to king Aurangzeb at Aurangabad who that time was stationed in south for controlling rebellion. There is a Gurudwara sahib there in his memory called Bhai daya singh gurudwara. This beer of Dasam granth sahib was carried by him along his possessions and is known as bhai daya singh beer.

This is kept in that Gurudawara sahib and is under their control. At least this manuscript is not a new finding and is known to many sikhs and quite a few sikh researchers who have its darshan. Good thing PDL is doing is its preservation by digitizing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login