ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i want to take amrit !!

Posted by Dal Bidar 
i want to take amrit !!
December 19, 2012 03:30AM
I want to take amrit, I'm from Jabalpur(m.p.),India !
also can anybody provide me some information ?!! want to keep khalsa rehat ! : )
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: i want to take amrit !!
December 19, 2012 05:00AM
You may visit website "www.akj.org" and goto link called "programs". There you may see various samagams planned across India in different cities on various dates throughout the year. On most occassions the day when Runsubahee is planned the Amrit Sanchar is kept on that night. Just find out city near you (I guess Nagpur may be near Jabalpur) where samagams are planned.

Other alternative is, during the month of Khalsa Srijana Diwas lot of samagams are planned, across India, with Amrit Sanchar. This may work best for you as you have few months left to understand "Amrit Ki Hai".

Daas has seen abhilakhis taking Amrit just because, someone told them OR friend is taking OR just by following others OR just out of fashion etc.... and then becoming Patits, Bemukhs and what not. More than Chardi Kala they are in Dhendi Kala. It is utmost important for the abhilakhi to understand "Amrit Ki Hai". before he/she goes for it.

The day one takes Amrit is one of the most wonderful day of ones life. So make sure you make it memorable one for yourself. Make sure you have enough preparations done on your part. Prepare yourself with all Gurmat knowledge properly first. Realize Amrit's value first.

Just for an example : In Amrit Sanchar Punj Pyare will tell you to do Nitnem daily. Now if you are not already in habit of doing Nitnem daily then you will find it like a impossible herculean task. Punj Pyare will tell you to get up at Amritvela and do Ishnaan. Now if you are in habit of waking up at 8AM. Then you will find it like a impossible herculean task. So first of all tune your daily routine little bit.

Daas is not trying to discourage you. Most of the things are taken care by Guru Maharaaj Himself. But it is good to start taking baby steps at our end to understand the Gurmat principles before taking Amrit. If one does the initial preparations then benefits and leaps are immense.

Don't be hesitant to post your doubts/queries/questions....

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
December 19, 2012 07:29AM
thankx jaskirat veerji ...!
i have been reading Gurmatbibek articles on this site , n i have learnt lot of things !
but let me tell u sumthing dat i have blessed with amrit earlier ..for about 4 years past ! on a local amrit sanchar (non-akj) n also i have done bajjar kurreht ..!
now due to this site ..i have been inspire n very eager to blessed with khande di pahul again !! ......
Dal Bidar,

You are very lucky to realise the mistakes so quickly. There is no second thought that this precious thing on the planet (Amrit) doesnt come to one's life without Guru Sahib's Kirpa. I would advise you to read some books to understand the real meaning of the Amrit Chakana while you find out the appropriate Amrit Sanchar dates and place. The tragedy today is that people do get ready for taking Amrit and unfortunately do not have backgroud and hence the thirst for the Amrit. Taking Amrit is not just staying Keshdhari,avod Alcohal etc but its much above that. If someone other than Guru Sahib has explained this, He is Bhai Randhir Singh Ji. Pls read all his books (or max you can read) as soon as possible. I am sure you will know the real meaning of Amrit and your thirst for it will be much more. You will not a cent less than the bride who starts perparing herself for the final day of the wedding.

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!

Vaheguru jee ka Khalsa Vaheguru jee kee fateh!
December 19, 2012 09:19AM
Bhai Sahib Singh ji , Bhai Jaskirat Singh ji !!
u both have cleared my questions ...i will thanking u brothers ! veer ji
m not having ..Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh ji books ...but now onwards ..m prepairing myself for my starting destiny ...! please if any body could prepair me more ..or if, tell me something ..i will be pleased !

daas
Jaspreet Singh

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA
WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH
December 19, 2012 09:32AM
'Dal Bidar' ji,

Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh ji's writing "Amrit ki hai" can be read online in pdf form here: [www.akj.org] and on adobe here: [www.akj.org]

English version can be read here: [www.akj.org] .
December 19, 2012 09:47AM
Thanku veerji !!
I will surely read !!
: )
December 19, 2012 10:00AM
Poh Sudhee-Ludhiana smagam is next month, come 1 day earlier &attend the whole Sree Akhand Paath Sahib and try to sit as much as you can to listen to gurbani:
[akj.org]

Chota veer
December 20, 2012 12:41AM
Veerji,,

Waheguru jee ka khalsa Waheguru jee kee fateh,

Plz contact some local singhs in jabalpur..If you dont know any then kindly get in touch we will get you in touch with them..
Also there is samagam in Indore around 26th january which i guess is closer to jabalpur..

I am from ahmedabad..u can get in touch...If its possible email me i will send contact details of jabalpur sanagat..ravjeetsingh@yahoo.com

Waheguru jee ka khalsa Waheguru jee kee fateh
December 20, 2012 01:46AM
Veer Dal-Bidar Jeeo / Jaspreent Singh Jeeo, following points may prove very useful before you decide the Amrit Sanchar date for yourself. The following points are not exhaustive but is a humble effort to guide the abhilakhi. The points are brief and daas did not went into Nitty-Gritty details of each points.

1. Abhilakhi should have established to do Nitnem daily (In Morning Sri Japji Sahib, Sri Jaap Sahib, Tav-Prasad Sawaye, Benti Chaupai and Sri Anand Sahib + In evening, Sri Rehraas Sahib + At night, Sri Kirtan Sohela Sahib + Morning and Evening Ardaas).
Try including Sri Sukhmani Sahib, Asa-Di-Vaar, Punj Granthi as well in your Nitnem.
There is enough confusion already spread related to the count of number of bani in Nitnem.
It should be a matter of common sense that More Dark the Night is - More Brighter the Light Needed. So if Kalyug is getting more darker day-by-day then it is good idea to increase Gurbani.

2. Abhilakhi should have established the routine of Amritvela and Ishnaan.

3. Abhilakhi should have established Sarbloh-Bibek (cooking/eating in pure-iron utensils).
Stop eating outside food (all those Gol-Gappe, Chat, Pakodi, Kachori, Pizza, Paneer Tikka, Restaurant food etc....)
Cook your own Vegeterian food at home and train your Tongue to eat simple prashada of Daal-Roti. Gurmat is not against tasty food, gheo, butter etc... But once you start getting Naam Rass then all these Food Rass becomes a mediocre thing.

4. Abhilakhi should have established Kakaars (except Kripaan). Kesh, Keski, Kangha, Kara (sarblohi) and Kachera (knee length).

5. Read almost all books written by Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Jee.
List of books is at [www.gurmatsangeetlibrary.com]
Make a phone call and order books by courier or if you are visiting Sri Darbar Sahib, Amritsar then you may get those books from Singh-Brothers book shop nearby.

6. www.akj.org has lot of kirtans uploaded at the site. Specially, download and listen to the Ransubhaee Kirtans. Those are uploaded in a very organised manner, under heading of different countries and year wise.

7. Start attending kirtan samagams, akhand paaths, guruparabs and do Nishkaam Seva in Gurughar at the same time.

8. If one is earning then take out Dasvandh every month and make sure it goes towards Nishkaam Seva.
If one donates 1 Kg Atta in Gurughar and ask Guru Maharaaj to give 10 Kg Atta. Then it is Not Nishkaam Seva. Remember Guru Jee has No Objection in giving back 10 Kg Atta. But one may have to take another Janam to eat that 10 KG Atta eye popping smiley .

9. Read Sikh Itehaas, Janam Sakhis and other Gurmat Literature as much as possible. Be careful you don't end up reading Kala Afghani's material accidently eye rolling smiley

10. Stop watching TV, Movies and unnecessary media stuff. Stop reading those newpapers, magazines etc...

11. Learn to tie Gurmukhi Dastaar.

12. Stop wearing any Gold, Silver, Jewellery, Finger rings, ear-ring, nose-rings etc... Khalsa just wear Sarbaloh - Kripaan and Kara (and yes wooden Kangha as well).

13. Beaware to stay away from Tattoos and Piercings (a new modern day trend among Singhs to write Gurbani and draw Khanda on Muscular Arms, Neck etc...).

14. Read all available Rehatnama's, at least once.

15. Learn how to visit Gurughar (meaning dress code, 9 ang-matha-tek, Guru Fathe with Guru Maharaaj, Parikrama, doing Chaur Sahib, matha-tek at Nishaan Sahib etc...).

Few additional tips
> Get your Gurmukhi Bana (Khalsa's Navy Blue colour) stiched, for the Amrit Sanchar day, in advance.
> Get your Sarblohi Kripaan ready beforehand so that you do not need to rush at the end moment.
> Wear Hajooria & Kamar Kassa.
> Attend Amrit Sanchar which is happening in presence of Laridaar Swaroop of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee.
> Keep your eyes on Khanda-Baata during Amrit Sanchar and do not be busy seeing the decorations around.
> Actively listen to what Punj Pyare and Granthi Singh might be saying on different occassion during the process.
> Keep doing Waheguru-Waheguru-Waheguru Jaap continuously within yourself during Amrit Sanchar. Also actively listen to the bani being read by Punj Pyare.
> Clear all your doubts, if any, from Punj Pyare before getting out of Amrit Sanchar.
> As already mentioned in above post, Reach 1 day early before the Akhand Paath is kept and listen to Akhand Paath as much as possible before taking Amrit in that Samagam.
> Do Ardaas to Guru Maharaaj, before leaving home and after reaching home from Amrit Sanchar.
> Carry one medium size Sarblohi batta with you to the samagam. May prove useful at any time.
> Don't forget to wear a BIG Smile on your face that day and Don't forget to carry camera to click few pictures after the Amrit Sanchar.

Guru Maharaj Kripa Karan & Chardi Kala Vich Rakhan.

Note : Many mistakes might have happened or somethings might have been omitted. Daas wish Sangat to please point out the mistakes and correct it.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
December 20, 2012 01:59AM
veer ji ...can't come at ludhiana samagam ..but ...i have a chance to come at amritsar samagam !
and one more question ..dat abhilaki have to listen akhand path full !
December 20, 2012 04:17AM
jaskirat veerji , u have cleared almost all my doubts ...thanx veerji !
may Guru sahib bless u
may Guru sahib bless u all
may Guru sahib bless me ...with amrit rass ...!
veer ji ...i have reading "Amrit ki hai"
yesterday ..i learnt lots of things !
i want more details about ..gurmukhi bana ..gurmukhi dastar !
i know how to tie dumalla ...but want to know how gurmukhi dastar is looking like ! means it's last lar should end in front ..maybe !

jaskirat veerji ...above information u have been given me to do before amrit shakk... ! Guru sahib kirpa krn
i will do ..!
And i have got a chance to come at amritsar samagam on april ..!!
: )
December 20, 2012 06:04AM
One most important thing... You have to give your head for Amrit physically and mentally. After that you belong to Guru Ji only.
December 20, 2012 03:07PM
Dal Bidar,
under Gurmat Bodh section of this site, if you click on "Gurmat Questions", there is a short article about the criterias of a Gurmukhi dastar. It is a brief summary. Here is the article:
[www.gurmatbibek.com]
December 20, 2012 04:31PM
A dumalla is another version of a gurmukhee dastaar.

That's fine.

Conditions of gurmukhee dastaar:
No ponee
No stitching
No put in mouth technique
No knots
No fiftee
No larhs at back (pagg)
No red or green.
Stick with Blue, Yellow, Black & White

If your dumalla fills those categories, you're set!

Baakee keep your focus on naam and gurbaanee and follow veer Jaskirat Singh's post.

-Upkaar Singh
December 21, 2012 01:28AM
veerji ..thank you for providing me this information !
can you all inspire me ...
cos m feeling dat m a dum person ..i don't anything ! ... ! m feeling like everybody against me ! : (
December 21, 2012 02:51AM
Veer Ji

As long as Guru is on your side it does not matter who is against you.
December 21, 2012 09:44AM
one more question ! can we put oil on our daaraa (beard) ??
December 21, 2012 09:48AM
one more question ! can we put oil on our daaraa (beard) ??
wt about kes which ..were dead ..means which comes out of our skin ??
December 21, 2012 11:33AM
All questions will be answered at the time Amrit Sanchaar. Ask the Punj Pyare any remaining queries you have left in your mind.
January 07, 2013 06:35PM
With gurus kirpa, I am planning to take Amrit and I was wondering why Sri sahib and kara should b sarb loh?
January 08, 2013 01:46PM
There are many reasons that can be given for why our Kara and Kirpan should only be sarbloh. But the most important reason is because it is Hukam of Guru Gobind Singh jee.

How can the blind man question the all seeing Guru? We should become Hukmi-bande and just follow Guru Sahib's hukam without a second thought.

Preetam Singh
January 08, 2013 01:51PM
Preetam Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are many reasons that can be given for why
> our Kara and Kirpan should only be sarbloh. But
> the most important reason is because it is Hukam
> of Guru Gobind Singh jee.
>
> How can the blind man question the all seeing
> Guru? We should become Hukmi-bande and just
> follow Guru Sahib's hukam without a second
> thought.

bhai sahib ji, I agree with you completely, but what would we tell non believers who raise this question?
January 08, 2013 11:44PM
guptbabbar84
bhai sahib ji, I agree with you completely, but what would we tell non believers who raise this question?

For non-believers mayavi people it can be answered in mayavi fashion as follows :

Sarbloh vs Precious Metals
In 1699 when Guru Maharaaj prepared Amrit in Sarbaloh Khanda-Batta at that time there was plenty of Gold, Silver, Diamond, Ruby etc... precious metals/stones available. There used to Gold or Silver Thali, Spoon, Katori, Glass etc... but still Guru Maharaaj chosen Sarbaloh. There should be some reason or not ????

Further, to explain non-believers mayavi people from Scientific viewpoint these are few more arguments.

Sarbloh in restaurant
Recently one prestigious restaurant in UK (or France not sure) replaced all utensils in its kitchen with Pure Iron utensils. The management of restaurant had worked with lab scientist and came to conclusion that food cooked in Pure Iron utensils are safe and healthy. While cooking in Pure Iron utensils the food gets free from contamination and other Contagious Disease. Further active research is still in progress.

Sarbloh in Earth Magnetic Field
Now, coming back to Kara and Kripan. The Earth's core is Molten Iron. Due to this Earth generate enormous magnetic field. This field protect Earth because it repels, absorbs, suppress and attenuate the harmful Gamma Ray (other harmful rays as well) burst happening in Cosmic Space. This magnetic field has internal effect of living beings on Earth. Human Blood too has Iron Components. Hence, wearing Sarbloh Kara and Kripan align the Blood Iron Components with Earth's Magnetic Field is manner which provide Chardi Kala to Gursikhs.

Kara vs Magnetron
Scientist have invented a device called Magnetron. It is a crossed-field device used in industry because both magnetic and electric fields are employed in its operation, and they are produced in perpendicular directions so that they cross. The applied magnetic field is constant and applied along the axis of the circular device. The power to the device is applied to the center cathode which is heated to supply energetic electrons which would, in the absence of the magnetic field, tend to move radially outward to the ring anode which surrounds it.

If someone understand the mechanism of Magnetron properly, then that person will be convinced that Sarbloh Kara is no less than Magnetron which energies and align the Iron Component in Blood. This results is unique pattern of vibrations in the cells of body which helps in tuning the body against Kaam and Krodh. Finally this results in the Chardi Kala of Gursikhs.

Some common sense
Guru Maharaaj had eliminated the difference between Rich, Poor, High Caste, Low Caste etc... and brought all ranks of people under one pangat and sangat. If Sarbloh (which is most commonly / abundantly available metal) would have not been used then in future High Caste or High Profile people would have made Amrit an exclusive phenomena.

Sarbloh is symbol of humbleness and strength at the same time. Guru Maharaaj wanted His Sikhs to wear Kakkar of humbleness and strength. But it is sad to see that under influence of Maya, High Caste or High Profile is coming back and people take pride in wearing Gold Kara and keeping Kripan in Gold Mayaan.

Sarbloh is symbol of Santokh. Sikh wearing Gold Kara feels that he is superior to Sikh wearing Sarbloh Kara. In this manner that Sikh is just pumping up his/her Haume. And this is not what Guru Maharaaj wish.

So a Sikh should understand that there is Deep meaning in Sarbloh and it is Hukam from Guru Maharaaj.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
January 09, 2013 10:44AM
Bhai Jaskirat Singh has given a lot of good reasons for why Kara and Kirpan should be of Sarbloh only, and there are probably many more reasons both spiritual and physical for why Sarbloh is the only metal that is allowed for Kirpan and Kara.

But looking at it from a practical viewpoint, it just makes more sense for Kirpan and Kara to be only Sarbloh. Guru Gobind Singh jee chose Sarbloh as the metal to use for Khanda Bata while making Amrit and only Guru Sahib knows the true reason for this.

Kirpan must be made of some type of metal. It cannot be made of anything else at that time because it would be impractical as a weapon. Sarbloh automatically becomes the best choice of metal because as Sarbloh Bibekis we cannot have any other metal touch our food. So while doing bhog to Degh with our Kirpan, if it is not Sarbloh then we cannot use it for said purpose.

Same is true for a Kara. If Kara is made of any other metal then while gunning atta we would have to make sure it doesn't touch the atta. We would have to be so careful to not let our Kara touch our food because it wouldn't be Sarbloh. For this reason it just makes most sense for Kara to be Sarbloh.

Sarbloh is also a great conductor of Spiritual energy. Anbhuvi Gurmukhs tell that while doing bhagti, all of the Sarbloh on our body conducts and stores some of the shakti. So all day this naam shakti is staying in the Sarbloh and going back into our body.

Sarbloh can also become sucha after doing sudhae of it which is very important for Gurmukhs who want to become suchay for seva.

Sarbloh was also a very cheap metal and allowed for anyone regardless of financial state to get a Kirpan and Kara and take Amrit.

Preetam Singh
January 09, 2013 10:55PM
veer jaskirat singh jeo !
Guru sahib kirpa karan...

can u please provide ur brother ..some more guidance..

n u were coming to amritsar samagam ? : ) : ) : )
January 10, 2013 04:17AM
Preetam Singh
Sarbloh is also a great conductor of Spiritual energy. Anbhuvi Gurmukhs tell that while doing bhagti, all of the Sarbloh on our body conducts and stores some of the shakti. So all day this naam shakti is staying in the Sarbloh and going back into our body.

Veer Jeeo, this indeed very useful input and should be Eye-Opener for non-believers. This is awesome gupt gyan.

Dal Bidar
can u please provide ur brother ..some more guidance..
n u were coming to amritsar samagam ?

Veer Jaspreet Singh Jeeo, you may drop me PM (private message) for all your queries.

I am not fully aware of amritsar samagam dates. Please share the Samagam Dates, Venues and Program Details in this thread. This is may be useful information for sadh-sangat.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
February 15, 2013 04:38AM
fed up with my family ! they just don't like me ...they don't like my dumalla n says that wear pagri ! and i don't like to wear pagri ..its like burden for me ..!
they even not support the khalsa raaj !
this i knew when me n my family were discussing about ..world gonna end ..so then i said no ..we hav'nt see a Khalsa raaj till ...so why the world gonna end ..and they say that no ..khalsa raaj would never come ..if khalsa rqaj comes then there be kattarta in it ..! m like .. quiet ...then i went to my room totaly disturbed !
m having serious problem with my family from childhood ..but now a dayz its becoming that ..m thinking of .getting away from my family forever !
m 20 year old sikh boy from jabalpur (m.p.)
point of saying is that..when i keep sarbloh khalsa rehit ..bana n all ! they just mock me disturb me by arguing !
problem is dat ..dat my thinking is like negative ..i think negative ..n overreactive n shy n dont know how to expain things to others !
let me tell ya that ...from childhood till now ..some voice or force from inside is continously ..i dont know ..trying to telling me to run in sikhi paath ..! when m in school i used to chat about sikhi ..my sikh frndz were not listened to me n quiet anti about sikhi ..they all were like brain washed ..but right now n in college ..n i only go college when exams is on !
nd m not feeling well seriously ..m very childish type of ...nd have deep DARD for my panth :'l i want to be like puratan sikh ..exactly like them ! from a to z ..i want to take badla from cops ..hindu gangs..!
i want to be like khalsa ...like bani bana sewa simran ..!
i don't chill out ..n from childhood m living alone ..thinking all day about this universe !
i feel good when m alone ..i don't like to chat wid my family about worldly tv movies n all ..! i feel secure ..when m in the goddi of sangat ! don't wt to do man !
sometimes i just say to me dat ..pack up all this n do wt worldly ppl do..but i end up with injury or some disease ..then i go to gurdwara n do ardas for maafi ...
this is happen to me 3 4 times ...
veer jio ...... help or just guide ur brother ..
n i don't talk about my feelings to anyone ..i keep in my chit only ..n now i something tell in this forum ..m feeling lil bit better
sorry for my bad english

Broken Soul
Jaspreet Singh :'l :')
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login