ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Path timing and other questions.

Posted by preet kaur 
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
waheguru ji ki fateh

I have couple questions:

1. I love doing sukhmani sahib path so i read it in morning and listen to it most of the time and my mom said this path is for morning only, so should I not listen to it at any other time unless its morning time? I can do other paths on their timing but I really love doing this path and other ones I just read with my mouth, it does not reach to my heart, so Should I follow path to their timing?

2. I also have a question on feeling proud, now I know body is just a vehicle we are gonna leave it behind one day but everytime I look in the mirror I feel so proud to have that face I have, I do feel blessed but I can sense proudness and I dont like it. I feel attached and im afraid to lose it. I know one day I will get old and die and will leave it behind so I should be just humble. everytime somebody gives me compliment I feel so proud, I know their are many people who are proud of their looks but I just want to be humble and not arrogant.

3. my third question is that when it comes to sikhism why non- amritdhari are considered less? Now I understand people who are amritdhari are following gurus words and they are better than us but how its right to say that if you are not amritdhari you are not guru's sikh. I was at gurdwara last sunday and one lady was giving lecture and she goes how people who cut their hairs are not sikhs, now here in america people have to face so many problems if they keep their kesh, my auntys sons cut their hair because they got beaten by thei school mates when they were young and were called muslim. my freinds husband had to cut his hair because he was not getting a job and had to make living. If in wahegurus eyes evrybody is similar then why people are their to make judgements.
and she also said how women who wears jewelry should not wear it, I mean if you look at shri guru gobind singh jee pictures they were always dressed up, so I dont feels its wrong to decorate your body.
and she goes sikhism is gulami if you could not become gulam to guru you fail this life.
Im going to be honest the way she gave lecture she has more of agressive tones and she could teach all this with humbleness, and i told my mom how shes creating agressive enviroment and mom goes shes teaching good thing and i said yes but her way is wrong.
and I have seen amritdhari peole who drink alcohol and i have seen non amridhari who are full of compassion and love for sikhi. so my question is why in gurdwaras peole are trying to make everybody drink amrit its a commitment only can be made by the person who wants too, when they teach things like that if dont drink amrit you are not sikh its not getting us any closer to their way of living.
I know religion is just a way to reach divinity, and i belive peole who preach religion are taking it to extreme. shri guru nanak dev jee created a new religion because in old religion it was too much rules regulation and confusion and i believe this is where sikhism has lead too nowadays.

Im sorry if I said anything wrong especially for last question but it just bother me.

thank you and puhl chuk maaf kar deyeo.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Adding to this is a question about rehras sahib path.
If our journey is from 4pm to 11pm and the environment of bus'd be noisy, then may we do nitnem before bus starts? Bec it's not possible to focus even a little when tv is at full voice.
preet kaur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 3. my third question is that when it comes to
> sikhism why non- amritdhari are considered less?
> Now I understand people who are amritdhari are
> following gurus words and they are better than us
> but how its right to say that if you are not
> amritdhari you are not guru's sikh. I was at
> gurdwara last sunday and one lady was giving
> lecture and she goes how people who cut their
> hairs are not sikhs, now here in america people
> have to face so many problems if they keep their
> kesh, my auntys sons cut their hair because they
> got beaten by thei school mates when they were
> young and were called muslim. my freinds husband
> had to cut his hair because he was not getting a
> job and had to make living. If in wahegurus eyes
> evrybody is similar then why people are their to
> make judgements.
> and she also said how women who wears jewelry
> should not wear it, I mean if you look at shri
> guru gobind singh jee pictures they were always
> dressed up, so I dont feels its wrong to decorate
> your body.
> and she goes sikhism is gulami if you could not
> become gulam to guru you fail this life.
> Im going to be honest the way she gave lecture she
> has more of agressive tones and she could teach
> all this with humbleness, and i told my mom how
> shes creating agressive enviroment and mom goes
> shes teaching good thing and i said yes but her
> way is wrong.
> and I have seen amritdhari peole who drink alcohol
> and i have seen non amridhari who are full of
> compassion and love for sikhi. so my question is
> why in gurdwaras peole are trying to make
> everybody drink amrit its a commitment only can be
> made by the person who wants too, when they teach
> things like that if dont drink amrit you are not
> sikh its not getting us any closer to their way of
> living.
> I know religion is just a way to reach divinity,
> and i belive peole who preach religion are taking
> it to extreme. shri guru nanak dev jee created a
> new religion because in old religion it was too
> much rules regulation and confusion and i believe
> this is where sikhism has lead too nowadays.

Sikhism is not religion it is a pathway.. A religion is something which have certains rules,code of conduct.. A person who is even mona but belives in guru granth sahib is considered sikh(sehaj dhari sikh).. But khalsa is a religion it has its rehatnama..

rehatnama says :-
“ Pratham rehat eh jaan khandey ki pahul chhake”

And bhai gurdass ji says:-
Charan saran gur ek painda jaaye chal. Satgur kot painda aage hoye let hai ...

First step toward guru is taking amrit... But only taking amrit is not enough as it is just like an admission to a school... You have to follow the sikhi after that...

Look if you are an amritdhari whenever you are in the way of doing something wrong your guru stops you... By a voice inside your head.. I have experienced it and it is something i cant explain...

God at every step takes test of you... It is just that some people fails early in their test.. You can read about many gursikhs who got stronger from these tests.. you can take example of bhai sahib bhai randhir singh himself... When bhai sahib met bhagat singh at prison he made him realize about his mistake about cutting his hair..

Wearing jewellery is not prohibitted... it is personal choice.. But at my amrit sanchar panj pyare told me something very beautiful they said "a gursikh should consider its kakars as jewellery"...

As you said guru gobind singh ji used to dressed up but think he was having all these but he sacrifised everything for us... And wearing jewellery will only boost your ego...

By doing more and more prachaar of amrit at gurudwara.. It will make others understand it is important... people try to avoid taking amrit due to strict rules (from outside it seems difficult) but actually they are not that difficult...

preet kokri Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Adding to this is a question about rehras sahib
> path.
> If our journey is from 4pm to 11pm and the
> environment of bus'd be noisy, then may we do
> nitnem before bus starts? Bec it's not possible to
> focus even a little when tv is at full voice.

I think doing kanth (learn) path with close eyes makes it easy to focus.. Or if it doesn't work you can listen to path through mp3 (headphones)..

I remember some time back i went to watch a cricket match (matches in india have very noisy environment) early in evening so when rehrass time came i removed my shoe's there and did the path.. And felt very good when i finished the path..!!

Bhul chuk muaf...

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh..!
Re: Path timing and other questions.
February 01, 2013 12:39PM

I mean if you look at shri guru gobind singh jee pictures they were always dressed up, so I dont feels its wrong to decorate your body.

Paintings of the Guru Sahib's are only the artists impression, how the artist thinks they looked and dressed. I don't think they are a reliable source of information.
There is no need for jewellery or make up, who are we trying to impress?
All great Gursikhs in the past have kept their appearance simple, their only decorations would be shastar.

ਪਰਹਰਿ ਕਪੜੁ ਜੇ ਪਿਰ ਮਿਲੈ ਖੁਸੀ ਰਾਵੈ ਪਿਰੁ ਸੰਗਿ ॥
Discarding worldly adornments, she meets her Husband Lord, and she celebrates joyfully with Him.
ਸਦਾ ਸੀਗਾਰੀ ਨਾਉ ਮਨਿ ਕਦੇ ਨ ਮੈਲੁ ਪਤੰਗੁ ॥
She is adorned forever with the Name in her mind, and she does not have even an iota of filth.

I remember reading a Rehatnama by Bhai Daya Singh instructing not to wear make up or jewellery- perhaps somebody could post it?

Bhul Chuk Maaf
There is no restriction on doing Siri Sukhmani Sahib at anytime, rather it's good to do more Siri Sukhmani Sahib Paaths spread out throughout the day, so that the mind remains under control and engages in Naam Abhyaas. Don't have any misunderstanding or superstition about it.

Regarding feeling proud of the face that you have, you yourself have answered the question. You know that his body is only temporary and secondly, it is not your real self (your real self is Aatma). So why feel proud of it?

Will post later to answer your third question.

Kulbir Singh
preet kaur
I look in the mirror I feel so proud to have that face I have

When Kalgidhar Dasmesh Pita Jee Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaaj was leaving for Sachkhand, the Sikhs in epitome of vairaag prayed to Guru Maharaaj that from now on how we will have your darshan. Guru Jee replied you will get my darshan in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee.

Sikhs asked what to do if darshan of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee's are not possible due to some reasons (like travelling, residing in remote locations etc...). Guru Maharaaj said that in such situations get darshan of Tyar-Bar-Tyar Khalsa Gursikh and say Fateh.

Further, Sikhs queried that still due to some reason if darshan of Tyar-Bar-Tyar Kshalsa Gursikh are not availalbe then what to do. Guru Maharaaj replied, then in such situation become Tyar-Bar-Tyar and take a look of yourself in Mirror & say Fateh, you will be having my darshan. I call it as a ULTIMATE BIGGEST DISCOUNT OFFER in entire human history that one can get.

Such is the OFFER of Guru Maharaaj. Where in this world one can get such an offer ? Where on this Earth such an offer exist ? Where one can get such a Guru ?

Today, Sikhs in large number are turning their back on Guru. Like mayavi manmukhs they decorate themselves with worldly decorations. Guru Maharaaj has given His own Swaroop to the Sikhs. Only a Gem of Guru Maharaaj knows the value of such an Offer. The very thought of this brings so much of Vairaag that Guru Maharaaj what you saw in me, I am such a Keere-Kirm but still you gave this Offer. I have lost words.....

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Jaskirat wrote :---"Further, Sikhs queried that still due to some reason if darshan of Tyar-Bar-Tyar Kshalsa Gursikh are not availalbe then what to do. Guru Maharaaj replied, then in such situation become Tyar-Bar-Tyar and take a look of yourself in Mirror & say Fateh, you will be having my darshan. I call it as a ULTIMATE BIGGEST DISCOUNT OFFER in entire human history that one can get.

Such is the OFFER of Guru Maharaaj. Where in this world one can get such an offer ? Where on this Earth such an offer exist ? Where one can get such a Guru ? "

I have never looked at guru's offer in such a way. Thanks a million times to make me see what Guru did for us.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login