ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to escape from passive smoking

Posted by preet kokri 
In case of
1. In the train or bus.
2. When on road person ahead us are smoking.
3. And such other helpless situations. Help pls. What'd the preventive n helpful solutions?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
We live in a polluted enviroment and we cant escape, now we can either put our attention on how much pollution we are inhaling or we can just accept it and pretend it does not cause you ill health. Power of beilef is a huge thing whatever you believe it happenes, there has been many scientific stories where a doctor told the population how certain drug is healing disease and people started recovering and then other doctor said no wait this drug cause this symptoms and peolpe started getting diseases or those symptoms.

Food and healthy life style is only 20% but 80% is what we think , and I know smoking smell is not pleasing I dont like it either and I have tried to badly avoid people who smoke and I have been miserable because they are evrywhere so I would say pretend you have a filter front of your nose which filters the air you breathe. Im working on this sitution too Im tired of ignoring and hating people who smoke..
listen to power of belief by bruce lipton

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]
Here is something related to this problem, with google.

In an apartment. If you live next to someone who smokes and are worried about the health risks, try speaking to him or her and working out a peaceful solution. If your apartment building has a nonsmoking policy, ask that your landlord enforce it rigidly. If your building is not smoke-free, you could point out to your landlord that a nonsmoking building has lower insurance and maintenance costs.

At work. Most businesses have policies that protect nonsmokers from secondhand smoke. If your company does not have such a policy, you can work with management and labor organizations to create one.
You also can encourage your coworkers to take advantage of the many smoking-cessation programs that most companies sponsor. Finally, if there is an outdoor smoking area, it should not be adjacent to any of the exits or high-traffic areas.

While traveling. Fortunately, the government has taken care of most of this one for you. Smoking is not allowed on commercial airplanes in the United States and on flights leaving the U.S. for foreign destinations. Smoking is also prohibited on all interstate bus travel and is limited to a designated car on all trains. However, when staying in a hotel, it is important to secure a nonsmoking room due to the amount of time that harmful cigarette-smoke chemicals can linger in the furniture. In addition, you should be aware that antismoking laws are different in each country. Of course, the best way to avoid secondhand smoke is to live in a completely smoke-free environment. Sounds like a pipe dream, right?

THE LINGERING EFFECTS OF SECONDHAND SMOKE
According to a report in the February 2004 edition of the British Medical Journal, household dust and surfaces are major sources of "passive smoking." Given about a month, these lasting contaminants can have the effect of several hours of active smoking.The report goes on to explain that the chemicals in cigarette smoke quickly disperse and undergo additional chemical changes that allow them to be absorbed into common household surfaces such as furniture, floors, walls, clothes, and toys. These particles can then be recycled into the air weeks or even months later, continually contaminating the environment.
When walking on the street and someone is smoking as they walking near me or walking towards me, I hold my breath for 10 seconds and cover my face with my hazooria. I sometimes cover my face with my hazooria to indicate to other person that they are polluting the air space.
Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh ||

In Amrit Sanchaar, the Panj Pyare told dass to carry a kapra like a hankerchief on us and whenever we smell smoke or see a smoker cover our face an breathe through it. It would be wise to carry a slightly large so you can fold it over several times when holding it your face to prevent as much smoke as possible from getting through. Bhai MB Singh Jee's Suggestions are also very good ideas on how to deal with it.
Holding ones breath or crossing over to the other side is a good option. But sometimes in a busy street it is difficult to avoid.

Another major problem is when working with colleagues who smoke. The stench is unbearable after they have been out for a cancer stick. The other bimari is when you have to use phones and PCs in a hot desk environment where they have been sitting. I'm forever cleaning IT equipment, phones, chair rests etc. with wipes and do get stares and the odd sarcastic remark smiling smiley

This is all the more reason for Gursikhs to run their own businesses and employ Gursikhs, something I hope to do in the future.
Breath holding i've tried. I was able enough to hold breath for 70steps. But this way does not work in some situations, such as-
1. When there r groups of smokers at small small distances on the only way for us,
2. When we're getting service of any street vendor(for shopping or something else), n then any smoker lights a stic,
3. When our senior official've just took a cigarette outside office, n he want to discuss any important official matter with us.
4. N such other non preventable situations.
Re: How to escape from passive smoking
February 01, 2013 11:09AM
What about our own smoke- internal smoke-. Observing Guru Har Rai Jee, a thought comes to mind the amount of Gurdawaras in name of trees such as Jund Sahib, Pipli Sahib and Guru Ka Baag and other Baags is unbelievable in Punjab and India. Some are preserved well some when you go you can see the name Guru Kaa Baag but there is no Baagh anywhere to be seen. Coming to this point of smoke or pollution Guru Sahiban were advanced they knew we breath in oxygen and breath out carbon dixoide and the trees are the ones that clean this carbon dioxide. How about Sikh in today's world - , how many contribute and plant trees, grow Baags, grow flowers in the western hemisphere or back in India. This is a tradition that is also been kind of dissappeared from the minds of the Sikhs. However advanced Kaums such as the wesstern world is adamant on stopping the cutting of trees, preserving the enviornment - how many sikhs do we see supporting such organisations - zilch sadly. Do you rememer the sakhi when a flower fell of due to Guru Har rai jees kallyan wala chola- Guru Hargobind Jee advised them to be careful with the chola- and for the rest of their life Guru Sahib controlled their cholla with one hand observing at all times. We owe so much and have loads to do in every department.smiling smiley in protecting this lovely planet we live on and owe it the trees it deserves - so get planting people!!!smiling smiley

[www.forestry.gov.uk]

[www.greenpeace.org]

[www.greenpeace.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login