ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Physical bodily changes at prayers. Reasons n effects?

Posted by preet kokri 
Here are some personal and heard experiences of bodily changes at nitnem or any other prayers when focus get increased in prayers and devotion arises-
1. Small amount of fever.
2. Feeling as if body is expanding.
3. Feeling body very light as if it had left gravitation pull.
4. A shivering for some seconds in the spine.
5. Tears in eyes.

Pls give logical answer to all these experiences of bodily changes. It's heard that these experiences last just for moments, but why so? Waiting for detailed answer.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I wouldn't think too much about it. Just enjoy Gurbani more and more everyday! smiling smiley
Ya u r right. But still my mind wants to know this. Help pls to let me know the reason n effects. Sorry if i offend
im nto expert but i have read books over daoism and it says alot of energy shift while we do anything with sound. when we read bani we create sound vibration which cause shifts in our body. It takes prana from lowest chakras to higher chakras where wisdom is. feeling light and shivering makes you leave this world and gets u into a higher form of conscoisness or spiritual experinece. all these symptoms are usually for energy shifting, when i read my bani i know how much concetrated i was because when im truly into reading it i feel really light and when i close my eyes i feels like im floating. all these are good signs by the way nothing to worry about.
You are fortunate to experience such physical signs on your body. If Paath is done according to Gurmat i.e. with concentration, love and faith, then Gurbani moves the mind from the physical towards the subtle i.e. towards Aatma and Vaheguru.

Tears in the eyes are the sign that Gurbani is making an impact on you. They are a sure sign of love for Guru Sahib.

Feeling light weighted is indicating that you are getting away from the physical world into the Andithi Duniya i.e. towards Vaheguru.

By feeling fever, I am assuming that your body temperature is rising a bit from the normal and this too is a positive sign indicating that you are getting energized by Gurbani.

Shivering in the spine is also a sign that Gurbani is making an impact on you. When Bau Mal Singh jee and Colonel Piara Singh jee first started doing Naam Abhyaas together, Bau jee told Colonel jee after few days that his lower spine was shivering while doing Abhyaas. I think such reactions from the body indicate the feeling of Vismaad while indulging in Gurbani Paath and Naam Abhyaas.

Guru Sahib's Kirpa is surely there on you. I hope you will continue to get Guru Sahib's Kirpa by indulging in Gurbani with increased vigour.

Kulbir Singh
it is better if you not share this type of things with anyone or everyone puratan gursikhs say's "ajjar nun jarna sikho kisai naal sanjhi na karo ".
Its nothing but just when u start feeling... gurus close to u.... these kind of things happens..

I do rarely cry when i do path... as i feel them.. i feel them as they are listening to me.....

sometimes its like when i get hurt so badly.. i feel baba g is sitting next to me ... n i keep on questioning them... n the best thing is sometimes... i get replies also.. my heart speaks n convince me for something which are direct answers to my questions....

Its all about faith...

everyone know.. how it feels when u r actually in love... its the same feeling grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login