ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Controlling laziness due to cold weather. Help pls.

Posted by preet kokri 
I was an early bird in summer, but in this winter season i woke late. Bath i take with cold water, but how to wake up early. Help pls. But dont suggest me to sleep early. Earlier in summer also i was comfortable with 10pm to 3am sleep.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Previously there was no problem. But now i wake at 4am alarm and then delay idea of waking half hour by half hour n finally wake after 7. And even sometimes it happens k i miss alarm sound due to deep sleep. Suggest any implementable n easy solution pls.
I'm also witnessing same problem.. I think the major reason for this problem is lack of sangat... Without sangat all our effort starts lossing, and we become lazy resulting loss in amritwela... sad smiley
It is true that without Sangat it is very easy to become lazy.

The best option is to find some like-minded gursikhs to do amritvela with everyday. That way you can all call each other and make sure that you are awake on time.

Ardaas is always the only way that amritvela can become pakka.

Preetam Singh
Only ARDAS for Amritvela Ji !! Having Guru Sahib's Prakash at Greh makes a difference as Guru Sahib then does help to take Prakash Sewa in time.

Vaheguru jee ka Khalsa Vaheguru jee kee fateh!
Thanks to all for giving attention to this problem. And may be it's ur sincere dedication. It's 2.30am. :-D. Waheguru mehar kare. May we all be able to preserve amritvela. I got running nose and minor throat prob, but it's a minor problem, with some breathing exercises n morning race it'd be over. :-)
Laziness - Khalsa has no time for it, it's all in the mind and it runs wild easily. How to tame it there are various ways and tricks - one that almost always works might be strange to try - but please give it a go and report back here if works - here goes:

1.After you done Shola bani and when you lie down to sleep - ensure the last thought and ardass to marhraj to please please ensure i have amrit wale please wake me at .....time (whatever time you desire) -- goto sleep with these thoughts- hoepfully they transcend to your subconsicious and you willl surprised to be awake around the time you mentioned.Try it a few times.

2. This works but involves the physical - if you exercise hard - cardio type for 30-45 mins as a minimum and ensure you sweat- in the evening preferabbly after your last meal - this helps and promotes good deep sleep so you get up like a star at the desired time. You'll be surprised how much the physical helps.

ensure to report back- best of luck
Yes first way works, seconds i've not tried.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login