ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sikhi Books online

Posted by Preetam Singh 
Sikhi Books online
January 20, 2013 03:57PM
I came across this website that has a lot of books online. There are a lot books by Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee and also many other Gurmukh writers. Check it out and I think there is also an option to ask for particular books that they don't have online yet.

[sikhbookclub.com]

Preetam Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Sikhi Books online
January 21, 2013 11:08AM
The dropbox link to the books has been disabled citing too much traffic. I hope this is not a permanent situation. If so, then the website should consider alternative means to display Gurmat books.

Excellent effort by the Sevadaars of this site.

Kulbir Singh
January 22, 2013 07:48AM
The website seems to be working again, I would urge sangat to take lahaa of Gurmat books including 14 volume teeka by Giani Harbans Singh jee, bhai sahib bhai randhir singh jee and bhai joginder singh jee talwara.

[www.dropbox.com]

and

[www.dropbox.com]

One Gurmukh has raised concern in regards to downloading free books. Daas shares this concern but also these books are difficult to obtain in western countries. If we download books it would be good if one also tries and purchases hard copies when they get chance so that money goes to author and publishers of the books.

I'm sure the authors of these books would not mind if Gursikhs are taking laha from there books and obtaining Gurmat gyaan.

Kabeer, lootna hai ta loot lai, raam naam hai loot.
January 22, 2013 04:03PM
Gupt1 ji,
do you have the link for English version, please?
January 23, 2013 03:39AM
I think I mentioned it before. I bought "Kindle DX "just to read these books. Really good and much better than reading on the computer/Ipads/laptops etc.
I bought mine second hand/nearly new for 230 pounds... It's a bit pricey but again easy on your eyes. Smaller kindle are not so good to read these books as you cannot adjust fonts etc. So really great if someone is likes me who loves to read great deal.
January 23, 2013 12:36PM
Kindle reading is possible on phone too, and it is free (check out the link below to download kindle for free, you will need to register).

Bhai Vir Singh books on the dropbox link is available here:
[www.dropbox.com]

Still waiting for answer about English reading for books of Bhai Randhir Singh Jio, please...my sangat is online only or I will drown further jio...
Kirpa karo Guru Pyareo Jio
January 24, 2013 03:23AM
ks jee; daas and Gursikhs spent a considerable amount of time and effort in putting up ALL of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jees ENGLISH books on the net.

Hopefully sikhbookclub.com also put these books up on their website, more websites that have these books, the better it will be for Gurmat parchaar, instead of it being on only one website.

Please see below:

Anhad shabad dasam duar

Autobiography Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji

Charan kamal ki mauj

Is bowing to Guru Granth Sahib Ji akin to idol worship

Meaning of amrit

Rangle Sajjan – The Imbued Ones

Unditthi duniya

Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh books
January 24, 2013 04:52AM
You can also download some of Bhai Sahib books onto eReaders from [www.bsrstrust.org]
January 24, 2013 05:31AM
Daas thinks this will be the future of literature.

Generally people are reading less books - paper versions and instead reading electronic versions of books such as pdf's on computers and tablet devices.

I hope that Bhai Randhir Singh Trust and other Punjabi Book Stores such as Singh Brothers also make e-books available for download. I'm sure sangat would appreciate this and would not mind paying for this service. As we can see major western online retailers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble provide electronic versions of books.
January 24, 2013 10:05AM
[www.sikhitothemax.com]

Dhan Guru pyareo Manmander Singh Jio,

I have read all of those books except Charan Kamal Ki Mauj...reading calms my restlessness of not being able to be near Gurmukhs or Gurdwara..and eating Karah Parsad and Langar served by patits at local Gurdwara an hour away
Waheguru
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login